Login

russian armor

Con - Karny

26 Jul 2013, 15:44 PM

Hey Karny,

Looks like we are one of the few to get a 1on1 mentorship so that's cool. We should get a day where we can meet and watch replays and talk about stuff so post below what days are good for you. I was thinking of using Skype for talking and stuff (pretty sure we can use it to share screens if need be) the rest on steam. I will send you my Skype info through steam.

Feel free to post any replays here at any time (If you do just send me a message on steam about it). if you have any questions or things your having problems with feel free to post here or contact me on steam.

About me:

Never played coh1 other then the demo a few times. during that time I was cutting my teeth in a little game called world in conflict, which has similar mechanics as this but set in a fictional ww3 setting. Played a lot of 1v1 got pretty good at the end sadly wasn't much people left playing. last few years or so I 've been drifting from game to game trying to find one that had the same great feel as wic. Got in to the coh2 beta stress test got hooked and have been improving ever since.

Played in two coh2 tourneys so far, plan on playing in the new esl one. Got to the round of 8 in the ipkia tourney for NA and didn't make it past the first round in the tfn tourney.

My plans for coh2 are to win a tourney and become the best player.
28 Jul 2013, 20:29 PM

Hi
First i would like to shortly introduce myself
My name is Ladislav, i know we all use here our nicknames, but i really dont why i created that one that i have right now. I just dont want to change it because i have it for long time. So if you could just call me by mine first name[ladislav].

I have been playing mostly RTS w3,sc2,coh1 and now coh2. Coh1 i was playing online for about a half of year, same with sc2. Coh1 I liked mostly because it was necessary to preserve units . I have never played Dawn of War.

Now I would like to thank you Con, for taking us in. i really like that you are determined to be one of best players in coh2.

I am mostly free, but i dont want to strech playing after 12pm, so the best time for us to meet its i guess yours 7-12 pm EST.

Looking forward to hearing from you

steam account: ezep115
mail:moraveclada@gmail.com

ladislav
28 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

cannt find you on steam Con, can you add me?
28 Jul 2013, 20:36 PM

sorry, just now i have found out you did already :)
28 Jul 2013, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2013, 20:29 PMezep115
I am mostly free, but i dont want to strech playing after 12pm, so the best time for us to meet its i guess yours 7-12 pm EST.

what is 7EST pm your time (if I'm not correct it would be 1 am, right? because your GMT +2 I'm GMT -4)
29 Jul 2013, 08:43 AM

hey issaman, whats your steam?
29 Jul 2013, 09:11 AM

how do i upload replay on this thread?
29 Jul 2013, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2013, 09:11 AMezep115
how do i upload replay on this thread?

upload replays in the replay section and post the link here
29 Jul 2013, 15:18 PM

My steam is Barsiel i'll add both of you.

As I have mentioned earlier I will not be able to post any replays before next thursday as im off town to do some work.

So i will be uploading on thursady - friday so we can have a lesson in the weekend?
29 Jul 2013, 18:31 PM
29 Jul 2013, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2013, 18:31 PMezep115
http://www.coh2.org/replays/5977/mentoring-con-ezep115

So first thing I saw was you forgot the Molotov's after three conscripts and never got them at all. You really can't expect to win any engagements without Molotov's with conscripts. You may win you may not Molotov's tip that balance in your favor.

Second capping order as soviets, you want to spread your stuff out a bit more and put pressure on his side of the map as well as yours. I like to split the map into 2 sides, north and south, or east and west depending on the map. you should send your first two conscripts to one side and your next two to the other. In this case you should have sent your third conscript up the left side and had a bunch of free capping because he decided to push up the middle. at best he gets your fuel for a while, while you have the rest of the map.

Third you've got to protect your fuel. You should send your cons up the middle to see what build he is doing and you would have ended up with a fight at the vp in the mid which you may or may not have won depending how well you placed and he dodged your Molotov's. At the very least you would have staled him and had your fourth con squad come out to defend his less potent force from taking your fuel.
You would be controlling both sides of the map and he would at best have a point or two and two fuels and soon to lose even that. in general put more importance
on recapping your fuel.

Fourth your t-70 could have been gotten a little earlier but not a super big deal compared to the stuff before that. because he had both of the fuels and most of the map for so long it was easy for him to get the ostwind out to counter your t-70 and really from there you didn't have any other options other then wait for the MP for an anti-tank gun.

be careful of the t-70's pathing most of the times you have to shift command it orders of where you want it to go, once tanks are known to be out, because otherwise it will sometimes run right into tanks like in this game.

30 Jul 2013, 10:15 AM

ok, thank you for feedback, i start improving it.
30 Jul 2013, 12:18 PM

I´ve got here another replay on which i would want you to look at, Maybe the replay isn t even necessary to make my point. I won quite decisevly but what are your thoughts on what should i do at that point where the game ended, because i didnt want invest in snipers because he could make ostwind or should i have spamed more t-70?

I know that he didnt have enough fuel for T3 units, but lets say if he did, what to do next to ensure i dont lose ?

replay:
http://www.coh2.org/replays/6004/mentoring-con-ezep115

thanks

30 Jul 2013, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 12:18 PMezep115
I´ve got here another replay on which i would want you to look at, Maybe the replay isn t even necessary to make my point. I won quite decisevly but what are your thoughts on what should i do at that point where the game ended, because i didnt want invest in snipers because he could make ostwind or should i have spamed more t-70?

I know that he didnt have enough fuel for T3 units, but lets say if he did, what to do next to ensure i dont lose ?

replay:
http://www.coh2.org/replays/6004/mentoring-con-ezep115

thanks

Well if he somehow tried to make a comeback he at best could only do that with armor so your then worried about an ostwind or a p4. Getting a sniper is fine cause you got plenty of manpower for it and losing more units would be about the only way you could lose. if he got an ostwind just build a t-34 and considering your so far ahead even if he got a p4 a t-34 would probably be the best choice, because you could just ram it and kill it with your guards and the shreck he just dropped. the sniper would be able to deal with the pg's with more skrecks or atg if he got one so ya. I probably wouldn't build the t-34 till after I see armor unless I have decided not to go t4 for su-85's.

As for t-70's you really only need one on a map at a time. Having more then one t-70 isn't really of more value then having one. So I wouldn't get more t-70's but get something that could deal with armor if he got it.
30 Jul 2013, 16:16 PM

30 Jul 2013, 19:24 PM

30 Jul 2013, 21:13 PM

i found it quite usefull, do you know if for diferrent tanks and atgs change the time how long it takes till they determine where to shoot? you know that red cross on that tool.
30 Jul 2013, 22:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 21:13 PMezep115
i found it quite usefull, do you know if for diferrent tanks and atgs change the time how long it takes till they determine where to shoot? you know that red cross on that tool.

no idea
30 Jul 2013, 22:58 PM

Some mentor sessions from one of the other mentors.
http://www.twitch.tv/lbode9/b/438363859
1 Aug 2013, 16:39 PM

http://www.coh2.org/replays/6100/win-by-1-victory-point

So this my first replay and its a good one too because the other guy used the soviet start that i struggle against the most which is teching tier 2 and get early maxims and ATs.

i really have problem dealing with maxims plus he rushed t70s which is something i find really hard to counter since the most powerful thing you'd have as an ostheer at that point where he makes those t70s is sherks at best. Paks wont do it in my opnion vs the t70s because of how fast they are.

There is a lot i have to say about this particular replay cuz i feel i made a lot of mistakes starting with how i sent my troops to cap points.

i think if he had built any T-85s it would have been GG, i know he lost cuz he failed to finish off my p4s which i used to crush him at the end but still i won by sheer luck tbh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★