Login

russian armor

More drastic changes are needed in the Winter patch.

27 Nov 2016, 00:03 AM

Hello, this is mostly aimed at the heads of the community team making the winter patch.

Now I'm not saying that I'm absolutely 100% right and everyone else's opinions don't matter or whatever but I do believe more drastic changes are needed, in a similar manner like in the previous community driven update but hopefully better executed this time.

By drastic I mean for example and keep in mind these are just my ideas and opinions, the making of the MG34 into a viable T0 MG unit similar in role to the MG42 and Vickers MMG, or the removal of the British mortar pit which more mobile British players like myself don't really like and replacing it with a mobile 3 inch mortar team.

This is NOT a balance discussion, I just used the above as examples, I am just pleading the community team to implement a bit more gaming changing elements rather than just a few small bug fixes and balance issues which were pretty obvious. I have nothing against these small changes but considering this might be one of the last few times the game will be updated I only wish more changes to be implemented.

Relic not allowing such changes to be made seem illogical but understandable sadly seeing as how they've done things in the past.

Community balance team, our hopes, prayers and dreams are with you fellas, you were the chosen ones. Please don't let us down, and God's speed.

Cheers.
27 Nov 2016, 00:23 AM
Donator 11

This patch already brings way too many changes to keep track of effects of every change. This is bad. Butterfly effect is most probably couse some unit nobody thought of to become forgotten or new meta.

Adding anything more will make it even worse, as any change you can make will affect all the other changes. The more changes there are the more complicated it gets, as every change changes how all the other changes are percived.

Changing one stat is a chirurgical cut, changing half of the units is like rolling a dice.

Lets keep it as small as possible, or we are going to find ourselves somewhere we never wanted to be.
27 Nov 2016, 00:44 AM

As much as you want a t0 mg34, and you almost certainly have some support, there are many who don't want it implemented. Most games I play or watch don't provide any evidence that okw cannot compete early game without mg.

It is too early to predict, as the next patch is still being tested, but sov and usf infantry has been nerfed somewhat or at least some strats have been nerfed. This should help okw imo.

Just because you cannot play a certain style with a certain faction doesn't mean it's flawed.

As to greater changes, well I think it is better to change certain areas and see how that effects the rest of the game. There will be units that are currently perceived as balanced that may soon need buff/nerf once new patch hits.
27 Nov 2016, 04:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is aimed at the wrong people. If you want more "drastic" changes to be implemented then:
-Go complain at the official forums (unless a smurf, Relic doesn't show up frequently)
-Download the mod and give feedback so the current winter patch go as smoothly as possible.

They are not the chosen ones. WE are the chosen ones.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★