Login

russian armor

Change sector arty to zero arty

21 Nov 2016, 02:14 AM

I feel like this would be a good change since sector arty is extremely map dependent much like how the command panzer was before its radius change vs sector only.

Maybe zero would be to powerful for ostheer but would be nice to have sector arty see some love since its pretty useless on many maps.

thoughts?
21 Nov 2016, 03:54 AM

Ost is still fucking useless and anyone that's not good with them is deadweight to their team at least for now.
21 Nov 2016, 05:43 AM

Make the sector arty works with enemy territory as well. It cost 200 MU already, right? If not, make it 200 and allow it to be use on enemy territory too, similar to OKW's Assault Artillery from Breakthrough, but no smoke and can be use on both Ally and Enemy sectors. 
21 Nov 2016, 09:37 AM

Theoretically it's probably the best arty in game, but practically you will never use it with full power.
21 Nov 2016, 20:50 PM

change it to arty cover :megusta:
totally not a useless ability but maybe allow this artilery to use in enemy sector would be nice idea.
22 Nov 2016, 01:18 AM

Theoretically it's probably the best arty in game, but practically you will never use it with full power.

Wait, what? Why?

Just have a a pio squad or 2 hovering around the area, or a well hidden sniper.
Cant remember how may times the allies went bye bye with this strat.

Edit: does sector need LOS like Zeroing does? I got those 2 confused :|
22 Nov 2016, 03:40 AM

Even if we changed the arty to be able to be used in enemy sector, it still becomes map dependent. This is one of coh2s biggest balance problems and why balance is so tough because,

1. good map quality is hard to come by primarily due to how long it takes someone to create a map, especially large team maps.

2. many commanders are terrible on many maps due to the nature of their abilities.

This game sacrifices so much strategy in return for very powerful abilities that are either OP and or just too complex to perform (close the pocket for example.)

Personally i think one of the biggest fundamental flaws in coh2 compared to coh1 was strategic points providing fuel and munitions as opposed to only more man power income. This results in team games having huge resource incomes with large maps or adding more sectors in general.

I guess you could add less sectors in teams games or the same amount across all maps, but i dont really know if any of that would solve the team game balance anyways.

Back on topic I feel like sector locked abilities tend to be too limited. Should we make the ability cost more munitions in return for releasing it from a limited sector and changing it to having a radius?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★