Login

russian armor

Flame Weapons

8 Sep 2016, 23:53 PM

Any chance we can crank up the damage/DPS/suppression on flame weapons across the board for all factions?

I can tolerate watching infantryman shooting bullets and missing each other behind cover and crawling under suppression.

However, I find it rather obscene to see unprotected infantry in a blob (clearly on fire) carrying on business as usual.

These were highly lethal and psychologically damaging weapons. I doubt soldiers in WW2 were storming tanks or infantry while they were being hosed down in flames."Nah i'm only on fire a little bit"

I'm quite happy to pay more manpower and munitions for increased damage - just don't give me the ridiculous visual of 4 squads of volksgrenadiers or rifleman firing snares while they blatantly doused in flames!!

Ps not a balance issue as all flame weapons should be increased

Shout it out #burnbabyburn

Clerv

9 Sep 2016, 00:02 AM

You know they made a patch not Even a year a go to tone down flame damage and you want it back ? What do you want the croc kv8 meta back so that at gun are useless again ? They are fine as they are
9 Sep 2016, 00:21 AM

Hi Stug thanks for your thoughts - Yeah i'm aware of change in that update. As I said, happy to pay the taxman for such an ability.

If you are talking about flame tanks specifically you would counter a flame tank with a tank or TD. Seems strange that an exposed AT gun crew would survive a burst of flame. For example, the KV8 and the hetzer are useless.
9 Sep 2016, 00:31 AM

Well they force you to move the game is not a simulator if so why 222 survive tank shoot why doesn't the KT get pen by su76
Flame damage is fine kv8 has the most dots and croc has 2 flamer and are very letal they just allow you to move out without retreating try to let a rifle squad vs flame half track 3 sec and is dead
9 Sep 2016, 00:41 AM

Touché

If you want to talk SU76mm thats fine - I would assume the 76 to be firing APCR rounds if it saw a tiger and not be firing HE artillery rounds into the front of a tiger.

However back on topic - Flame weapons need to do more damage to counter fixed positions and discourage blobbing and encourage use of combined arms.

We should not encourage players to run into flames to get a snare they should be hard countered and squad wiped
9 Sep 2016, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2016, 00:41 AMClerv
Touché

If you want to talk SU76mm thats fine - I would assume the 76 to be firing APCR rounds if it saw a tiger and not be firing HE artillery rounds into the front of a tiger.

However back on topic - Flame weapons need to do more damage to counter fixed positions and discourage blobbing and encourage use of combined arms.

We should not encourage players to run into flames to get a snare they should be hard countered and squad wiped

Flame weapons do fixed damage per tick, but the rate of fire (tick) varies greatly from unit to unit. For example, the crocodile has a very high tick rate and will devastate infantry, even on retreat. The hetzer however, appears to have a stupidly low tick rate and is largely useless against anything other than a garrisoned squad with no AT capability.

Bottom line: A flat increase in flame damage for all units is not the issue and definitely a huge balance no-no.
9 Sep 2016, 03:42 AM

Cyanara, I guess we differ on the level of damage we would expect from flame weapons. You have some balance concerns about flame weapons and thats fair enough - I agree with you hence I told Stug life i'm willing to pay for it (balance being a combination of unit strength and price).

We've seen it happen all too many times you get a blobs of snare wielding infantry and no amount of hard counters is ever enough. We should be rewarded for hard countering. I think getting hit with high flame damage is a fit punishment for such poor gameplay - a crime against the game and the community!

9 Sep 2016, 04:24 AM

Attack ground over shot blockers and they will starting running. I love the flamer Half-track.
13 Sep 2016, 18:12 PM

Does anyone have stats on what units do in regards to the tick times as mentioned above?

I've seen the flame half track destroy squads in seconds. While some of the other vehicles are garbage and more expensive.

It would be neat to see these stats.
13 Sep 2016, 19:06 PM

Flame weapons need to be able to burn buildings like before
17 Sep 2016, 03:36 AM

they need to get rid of the magic fire of flame weapons shooting through things. that is annoying being toasted through buildings walls and trees.
18 Sep 2016, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2016, 19:06 PMDAZ187
Flame weapons need to be able to burn buildings like before

+1

they need to get rid of the magic fire of flame weapons shooting through things. that is annoying being toasted through buildings walls and trees.

Nothing more satisfying when you take down a camping bofors with a halftrack shooting over the wall
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★