Login

russian armor

Some thoughts about Miragefla's Balance mod

3 Sep 2016, 17:45 PM

Now it has been ~3 months since the Balance mod was implemented into the main game, with the target to make this game more balanced. But was this really successfull?

The faction with the biggest changes was definetely OKW. I like the idea of changing this faction to one that requires (more) skill to be lethal, instead of Volksgren - schreck blobs that wreck everything. But I dont understand why repairs and especially heals are currently so freakin overpriced for OKW (if you compare it with all other factions).

Also, why got volks blobs nerfed (right decision), but at the same time, allied lmg-/ guards-/ etc. blobs or spam were not touched/nerfed at all (wrong decision imo), penals (blobs) even got a huge buff. MG34 is kinda garbage in such situations cuz allies have stronger mortars and indirect fire, also Ive seen lmg blobs roflstomping a green covered mg34 before it managed to surpress a single squad at least :(

This is a good example for this huge problem: https://www.coh2.org/replay/55608/vaux-farmlands-vs-the-red-army

Even though miragefla did a great job with fixing issues like overperforming mines, also he tried to force players to invest more micro in their inf for flankings (right decision, but did this work?) ... the Balance is still not working properly imo and needs to be adjusted

NOTE: This is my experience from a mass of 2v2 games.. I think 1v1 is the only mode without those huge issues?
3 Sep 2016, 18:10 PM

You do realize that Relic cherry-picked what Mirage changes were added into the game right?

If the whole mod was implemented (and it damn well might as well be, the game would be healthier for it) we'd be playing a wholly different CoH2.
3 Sep 2016, 18:40 PM

You do realize that Relic cherry-picked what Mirage changes were added into the game right?

If the whole mod was implemented (and it damn well might as well be, the game would be healthier for it) we'd be playing a wholly different CoH2.

This was not meant as blame against miragefla at all... I know that people like him put 10x more effort and passion into this game than Relic :thumb:
3 Sep 2016, 18:41 PM

What the guy above me said, can't pronounce his name, sorry dude, no offense.

Not to mention they also BADLY implemented it, I don't believe mirage killed the raketten on purpose, OKW is in a bad spot because of the lack of a proper AT gun right now and their hand-held AT capabilities being transferred over to an expensive and squishy unit, not to mention the combat package being overpriced for what it does, and no don't bring up the cold immunity excuse, 99% of the games DO NOT HAVE BLIZZARDS ANYMORE, so it's useless, and illogical, the Soviet Red Army, bred and fed in cold weather doesn't have units immune to the cold but a Western Front European Army does? Alright then.

Also their suppression units are shit, the MG needs a buff and be made T0 as well as it's price increased to 240/250 man power, fix the Flak HT, otherwise, I'm not really complaining about the side-techs, hell put an upgrade for the Flak on the Schwerer if you want to, just decrease the other 2's prices or something to compensate.
3 Sep 2016, 19:25 PM

I think Relic has a trust problem, seriously. They improved somehow over the years, but the thing they dislike the most is giving up the control of their game.

There are huge community efforts for improving the games since 2006's vCoH release but as good as never ever there were implementations in the real game.

It was a good thing in theory to introduce beta patches (good job, Relic!) but everything is useless because they still do not listen to anyone but themselves.

The problem is that nobody from Relic really plays the game. It is their work, but obviously not their passion.
3 Sep 2016, 21:09 PM

Looking at COH2 Charts, the game appears to be as well balanced as it ever has been. However:

OKW - It would be better if the MG34 actually suppressed something (nothing more annoying than having Soviet player blob through a pair of mg 34's and Ostwind)or the raketen didn't take an eon to shoot (would gladly give up retreat and garrison for a "normal" AT gun).

Ost - Grens get wiped way too easy - I'd much rather pay 280 for a 5 man squad.

USF - 50cal suppression isn't good, and overpriced for performance. Pack howie costs way too much and too high of a pop cap for what it does, and anyone who thinks that it is more survivable because of the six-man crew has never used one. (making the attack ground distance the same as the barrage distance would go a long way towards making it okay), M8 scott, mortar HT still garbage (would probably be okay if lowered vet requirement). M20 and Greyhound need price similar to 222 (no muni upgrade and slightly lower cost)
3 Sep 2016, 22:27 PM

MG34 is absolutely worthless. I'd be ok with it doing no damage (like it currently does) if it actually suppressed something... even with the grenade range reduction, it can barely counter a single infantry unit and is pointless against a blob.

soviet team weapons need to drop to 4 pax per crew (same across the board). 6 man squads make sense; 6 man MG teams do not.
3 Sep 2016, 23:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Here I was thinking you were going to talk about the actual mod. Silly me for reading the thread title.
3 Sep 2016, 23:50 PM
Donator 11

I don't want to be mean but when I read ballance ideas you guys post in this thread I honestly feel relic not wanting community to destroy and flatten out their game. Mirage and cruzz are the men that know what they are doing, though.
4 Sep 2016, 03:37 AM

Let's hope they implement the rest of the mod next patch. Hopefully within this year. No wait, hopefully they'll put out a balance patch at all.
4 Sep 2016, 12:17 PM

Here I was thinking you were going to talk about the actual mod. Silly me for reading the thread title.

I know that the current CoH2 main game is not the same at all like the actual whole mod of miragefla. But Relic's (lazy?) partial implementation of the mod caused these issues I adressed above :/
4 Sep 2016, 22:38 PM

Well there was miragefla's mod, the balance preview beta, and then what was actually implemented into the game.

The universal changes that affected all factions, suppression reducing grenade range in particular, were enormously beneficial to the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★