Login

russian armor

Zoom levels

22 Jul 2013, 01:13 AM

A thought I had while playing a game that involved SU85s and Elefants and other long range stuff, though still applicable to everything else.

Please consider upping the maximum zoom out level. With units that can fire from far outside line of sight (and without obvious tracers and whatnot) it's extremely hard sometimes to realize something is being attacked or from where. Furthermore it makes what I'll call battlefield awareness that much harder to have.

Ideally what I'd like to see is a "Sins of a Solar Empire" or "Supreme Commander" type of seamless zoom from all the way in to all the way out to tactical style. I understand that's probably more work, so I'd settle for just being able to zoom the camera out maybe 25-50% more.

Also, is default zoom in CoH2 closer than CoH1? It feels like it and I fired up both side by side but wasn't 100% sure. Maybe it has something to do with the models and coloring and whatnot.

Thanks.
22 Jul 2013, 01:26 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The game doesn't run well enough - if Relic let people zoom out it would lower the frame rate even more and people would bitch even more :D

But yes, the game is far too zoomed in considering the ranges of some things. Some tanks can fire way more than one screen it seems like.
22 Jul 2013, 06:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Ideally, yes.

But then I woke up :(

WWII, Sins of a Solar Empire style, is my fantasy.
RUSE came close, but not quite.

I think models are bigger in CoH2.
Offscreen shooting SU85s...
22 Jul 2013, 07:31 AM
Donator 11

It's still more zoomed out than CoH1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L