Login

russian armor

Tank commander and emergency repairs

18 Aug 2016, 21:21 PM

I love elite armoured but those two abilities make me sad. While british tank commander gives +10 sight, +10% accuracy, +20 camouflage detection radius, +20% experience gained this one gives a whopping +6 vision and the worst arty in the game.
As for crit repait USF can do it instantly for 10 munis. Emergency repairs costs 50 munis and takes 14 seconds to repair a crit.

It is really wierd that doctrinal abilities are several time worse that stock abilities. Those two should be buffed to an acceptable level.
18 Aug 2016, 21:45 PM

18 Aug 2016, 23:47 PM

Truly awful. Underpriced and overperforming, stock.

Vs Overpriced, underperforming, doctrinal.
19 Aug 2016, 02:34 AM

It follows the tradition of allied = has to be better I guess. Same as with Valiant Assault and Mother Russia
19 Aug 2016, 04:53 AM

worst arty in game? i love it vs emplacements it is just satisfying because of how long it takes to come in you can usually drive up to a recently braced one, call it and it hits when brace is over(in my experience anyways)
when i go elite armoured (which is always cause sturmtiger, jp4 HEAT lolz and vehicle hax)
that said, i think both things could use a buff, commander could increase los further, or even be a clone of the brit one + arty (to justify being doctrinal when brit isnt)
repairs could deff be cheaper, free even as it only repairs the crit (iirc) and makes it vulnerable to decrew
nee
19 Aug 2016, 15:46 PM

My assumption is that the comparatively low bonuses is because it was originally designed to be upgradeable with pintle HMG, of which early post-release you could upgrade both (via exploit). Guess they didn't factor in making it better when they took it out.

A brief list of details for each ability for those that might not know:

-Panzer Commanders is 8CP and cost 30MU, replaces pintle HMG, and grants +6 sight and unlocks a 120MU artillery strike that seems to have a max range of just below the vehicle's sight range.

-Emergency Repairs is 4CP and is an individual vehicle ability: it costs 50MU to use each time, and requires being damaged; can only be used when not in combat, and while active the vehicle cannot move or shoot for 15 seconds (shorter if repaired to full health). Attacking the vehicles during this time can decrew the vehicle, like Sturmtiger's reload.

The only really good thing about Panzer Commander is that it's cheaper than pintle HMG and grants sight range bonus, and the artillery strike can be fired into fog of war; the bad thing is that it locks out pintle, and the sight range is not a percentage, it's +6 vision, and the arty costs 120MU each, and tends to take a while to arrive. I prefer if it cost less or even none and arrives sooner but are only a small cluster 75mm shells and can be fired a bit longer, I'd gladly trade the fog of war firing for the firepower. That or the passive bonuses are increased to something like a percentage, like Spotting Scopes. For its part, UKF commander's recon ability cost nothing and has long cooldown time, and the plane loiters. OKW tanks are already potent enough to not really need the similar bonuses from UKF tank commanders, and like that upgrade only Panther, KT and Panzer4 has this ability.

Emergency Repairs is lame compared with vehicle crews/ assault engineer's critical repair ability, of which cost less and acts much faster and with no risk of decrewing, plus this ability only heals like a smidge of health as a "bonus". Hell just making the ability cost like 25 munitions solves the problem, the duration time and risk of decrew already makes you not want to use the ability, of which requires you to no be fighting to activate; the enemy can simply just keep a Riflemen shooting at your limping tank to avoid using the ability for a quick escape. The other abilities on top of stock abilities already drain your munitions, too.
This is more the case now that Sturms have to upgrade to either AT or minesweeper + faster repair.
I also kind of think the ability should be more novel, like for example it's just for the Mechanized HQ where the mechanics instantly critical repair vehicles and/or nearby Sturms also have improved repair rate. Besides NPCs, the mechanics aren't exactly very fast in repairing either.
19 Aug 2016, 21:12 PM

Yeah, the Tank Com and Repair upgrades are pretty trash. I'm all for buffing them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★