Login

russian armor

Let's talk grenades

10 Aug 2016, 04:22 AM

The British Mills feels underwhelming to be honest in terms of damage, and I can't even see the difference with the 7% farther range bulletin.

Mills Bombs have 20 range so 7% is an increase of 1.4. You'd need a 25-50% range increase to make them useful. I'm still not sure why Relic made Mills Bombs a side upgrade.
10 Aug 2016, 04:41 AM

There is no "homing"; it's purely an artefact of the way the game is presented. The game has determined that there was a hit; that's done and dusted, so there is no point talking about "driving out of range" or anything. The projectile is then drawn on the screen, taking a real-time path to hit its target. Because the flight time is not zero, and because the target may be moving, this path may appear curved.
10 Aug 2016, 05:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2016, 04:22 AMSvanh

Mills Bombs have 20 range so 7% is an increase of 1.4. You'd need a 25-50% range increase to make them useful. I'm still not sure why Relic made Mills Bombs a side upgrade.

I'm not sure but I think the motov range bulletin was more useful than this, I mean, I could see the range increase compared to this.

Maybe 10% would have been a tiny bit better.
11 Aug 2016, 00:30 AM

I'm not sure but I think the motov range bulletin was more useful than this, I mean, I could see the range increase compared to this.

Maybe 10% would have been a tiny bit better.

Before the war spoils patch you could stack them for a 21% range increase (+4.2), which isn't as ineffective. Might that be why Molotov bulletins seemed more effective?
11 Aug 2016, 01:00 AM

What are everyone's thoughts on infiltration grenades? Against squads on the ground they're alright, their damage isn't that high. Against buildings though they do way too much damage, one volley will destroy most wooden buildings in an instant.
11 Aug 2016, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 00:30 AMSvanh

Before the war spoils patch you could stack them for a 21% range increase (+4.2), which isn't as ineffective. Might that be why Molotov bulletins seemed more effective?

Yeah the stacking, a thing of the past.

But I don't think I did stack them.
12 Aug 2016, 20:40 PM

What are everyone's thoughts on infiltration grenades? Against squads on the ground they're alright, their damage isn't that high. Against buildings though they do way too much damage, one volley will destroy most wooden buildings in an instant.

It's stupid, I know its a game so reality is suspended but come on, grenades create shrapnel not nukes, Grenades should do minimal damage to all buildings where mortars/fire/tank shells should do the most damage.
12 Aug 2016, 21:43 PM

While we are at it, the following things should be fixed too:

Grenade throwing time
This concerns multiple grenades including the bundled panzergrenadier/stormtrooper Grenade, the USF anti tank rifle grenade, the panzerfusiliers anti tank grenade and the USF smoke rifle grenade.

It sometimes takes ages before the animation starts, for no good reason. You sometimes sit there for ages waiting for your squad to either throw a grenade or fire the anti tank rifle nade and missing an awesome opportunity for damage or even a wipe or a vehicle destruction.

Molotov
The throwing animation is simply too long, this is absurd and finally needs a change.

dont forget the satchel from the penals
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS