Login

russian armor

Mortars against occupied buildings.

30 Jul 2016, 16:13 PM

Hi,

What the best way to clear buildings with mortars ?

I think when i make an order with my mortars to attack a buildings, it doesn't attack the soldiers inside but the buildinds itself.

So what the fastest way to attack the soldiers inside with the mortar?

A barrage? Put the mortars near the building and just wait? Or an order attack?
30 Jul 2016, 16:44 PM

Attack ground order to bypass the cooldown of regular barrage
30 Jul 2016, 16:55 PM

Attack ground order to bypass the cooldown of regular barrage

so first an regular barrage then a ground attack order?
30 Jul 2016, 17:21 PM

If you are trying to destroy the building use barrage. If you want to evict the men tell your squad to attack. If you are trying to hit an area use attack ground.
30 Jul 2016, 17:26 PM

If you are trying to destroy the building use barrage. If you want to evict the men tell your squad to attack. If you are trying to hit an area use attack ground.

what u mean by tell your squad to attack, i think if i order my squad to attack the buildings, it won't attack the soldiers but the buildings itself , and it will take ages to kill anything.

i think it like with a sniper, u just need to sit near so it will attack the soldiers.
30 Jul 2016, 19:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IIRC:

-All indirect fire sources will do it's far damage to all units inside, not caring on where the shell impacts.

-There are a few which sucks at this role (ISG).

-Barrage tends to have a better RoF/scatter, but you have to watch out for when it finish if you want to keep attacking the same target.

-If the building is really big and/or you are trying to hit an MG/Rak, you might want to use attack ground on the position on which the models are positioned.

30 Jul 2016, 23:39 PM

IIRC:

-All indirect fire sources will do it's far damage to all units inside, not caring on where the shell impacts.

-There are a few which sucks at this role (ISG).

-Barrage tends to have a better RoF/scatter, but you have to watch out for when it finish if you want to keep attacking the same target.

-If the building is really big and/or you are trying to hit an MG/Rak, you might want to use attack ground on the position on which the models are positioned.

mm thanks. I was trying to clear a mg inside a big building made of rock, with two mortars (soviets on 120mm) with barrage, and it took a long time.

I will try to do the ground attack on the windows. What you mean by far damage, i ddin't know that mortars had differents damages...
31 Jul 2016, 00:14 AM

IMO best way is to just smoke the building, any unit inside will be rendered useless, you will not damage the house (thus giving you opportunity to get yourself later) and also deny extra vision.
31 Jul 2016, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2016, 00:14 AMzerocoh
IMO best way is to just smoke the building, any unit inside will be rendered useless, you will not damage the house (thus giving you opportunity to get yourself later) and also deny extra vision.

I know to use smoke, but still thanks for advice. I just want to know the best way to clear buildings with mortars.

Like if you click with your sniper to attack a building, it won't ever kill a soldier inside becouse it attack the buildings itself and now the crew.
31 Jul 2016, 04:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

mm thanks. I was trying to clear a mg inside a big building made of rock, with two mortars (soviets on 120mm) with barrage, and it took a long time.

I will try to do the ground attack on the windows. What you mean by far damage, i ddin't know that mortars had differents damages...

Aoe (area of effect) is divided in near, mid and far. All mortars do 80dmg and have the same (?) aoe besides the 120m.
Say the AoE is 3m. Profile is 1m near, 2m mid and 3m far. AoE dmg modifier near is 1.0, mid is 0.5 and far is 0.25
Then you are dealing 80dmg at 1m, 40dmg at 2m and 20dmg at 3m. This 20dmg is what you would be doing to any model inside a garrison, whether they are near the position the shell lands or not.

PD: i forgot there's also a damage modifier for cover. If i'm not mistaken, it's 5dmg per hit to all units inside.
31 Jul 2016, 13:22 PM
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS