Login

russian armor

Relic tournament milestones

30 Jul 2016, 16:04 PM
30 Jul 2016, 17:07 PM

So If I buy ritas lovely skins I get those rewards ?
30 Jul 2016, 18:43 PM

So the developer is hosting a crowd funded tournament. LOL weak
30 Jul 2016, 19:50 PM

So the developer is hosting a crowd funded tournament. LOL weak

Why is it weak?

30 Jul 2016, 20:02 PM

I don´t like idea of crowd founded tournament with RELIC CHOSEN AND PAID casters (I love you stormless and tightrope btw). It is STUPID that WE FUND the tournament, but THEY CHOSE casters.
30 Jul 2016, 20:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2016, 19:50 PMwuff

Why is it weak?

Relic should fund their own damn tournaments. They definitely can afford the petty $2k in prizes with all the milking they've done for the past 3 years. Crowd funding should be for small indie studios or (like an Insurgency tournament) or community hosted events. Developers have incentives to host tournaments for the publicity, and if the community pays for it you're essentially paying for Relics advertisement.

I don´t like idea of crowd founded tournament with RELIC CHOSEN AND PAID casters (I love you stormless and tightrope btw). It is STUPID that WE FUND the tournament, but THEY CHOSE casters.

Another good reason. What if they selected casters you don't like, eg. Krebs :foreveralone: and how would you feel knowing that some of your money would be going towards paying them if you donated

30 Jul 2016, 22:41 PM

Relic should fund their own damn tournaments. They definitely can afford the petty $2k in prizes with all the milking they've done for the past 3 years. Crowd funding should be for small indie studios or (like an Insurgency tournament) or community hosted events. Developers have incentives to host tournaments for the publicity, and if the community pays for it you're essentially paying for Relics advertisement.

Another good reason. What if they selected casters you don't like, eg. Krebs :foreveralone: and how would you feel knowing that some of your money would be going towards paying them if you donated

I don't see the problem, we get to buy cool skins, the skins creators get some cash and we also get a tournament.

It is all very well saying a developer should fund a tournament, but there are always forces unseen which dictate these things.
31 Jul 2016, 02:11 AM
Patrion 14

cool idea and i do hope we get to the last milestone but cant they like up the prize moneys for all milestones? at their expense ofc...
31 Jul 2016, 02:54 AM

It's not crowd funding (i.e. donating), it's people buying content and some of it goes towards tournaments. The financial model of curated skins has been this way since they were first announced. Where do you think Relic's money comes from? And do you really think it's terrible that they are incentivising the sale of content created by community members?

Community-sourced content generation is a proven and effective way to provide ongoing financial support for this type of thing. Game sales drop off substantially after all.
31 Jul 2016, 04:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

DOTA/LOL does this every year and no one complains.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★