Login

russian armor

Despe Learns 2 CoH (video series)

21 Jul 2016, 19:28 PM

*THREAD MOVED AND CONTINUED IN SHOUTCAST SECTION*

Foxhound and I are taking our passion for and raging discussions about the CoH-series to the next level! So we are hosting a new vodcast.

It's called "Despe Learns 2 CoH" since Foxhound is trying to teach me how a real CoH2 fan expresses his desires for the game.

Please send us questions or topics for discussion, if you like. And even though we are still podcast noobs, we hope you find it humorous.

*Edit: The video produced a lot of criticism, so we cut the most satirical (and needlessly hurtful) parts of the show, which was never part of the core idea. But you still get the vague and shallow discussions. Enjoy!

For now, we used a bit of OCF footage for the intro, with special thanks to Janne252.
21 Jul 2016, 22:50 PM

Hello Despe,

Thank you for the effort of your production. It is always nice to see people whose passion for the game leads to the creation of content; however, I was a bit disappointed by the depth of your discussion. For instance, a discussion about "balance" turned into a diatribe on the efficacy of the Bofors with Foxhound in rebuttal attempting to shift the discussion into a question of what balance is in the first place and the implications of "metashifts". I consider these tirades to be reckless, damaging, and rather fruitless. Ironically such a discussion could possibly be the subject of a similar "critique" and mockery as you undertook in the "Forum Drama Reconstruction" segment, an addition which I could understand if someone, particularly the subjects, found entirely negative, hurtful or upsetting, I know I certainly did. Herein lies my main criticism with your pilot episode in that I think you missed a great opportunity to have a progressive discussion on something more constructive such as when Foxhound mentioned in passing the modernity of the Wehrmacht as of the current patch. Perhaps that may have been a good opportunity to suggest how to improve the situation, for instance, how possibly changing veterancy or tech structure could bring the Wehrmacht more in line with the post WFA launch. Or when discussing the ridiculous nature of brace, I think an audience would appreciate more of an attempt to understand the rationale behind why an ability like brace is in the game instead of low-level lampooning of the animation.

I hope you find the criticism positive, again I appreciated the content creation. I personally feel there was a large void left after the SNF era and Tales of Hereos for more reflective community oriented content, and I do think you have a great opportunity here to be more constructive and inclusive with your platform.
22 Jul 2016, 00:35 AM

I was expecting a well rounded discussion of the mechanics and game play of coh. Specifically I was hoping for stats discussion possible solutions to the unbalance.

Instead what i got was coh and coh2.org forum in video form. This wasn't a discussion, what this video was the countless threads that have been open to basically moan about noting.

personally it sounds like neither of you know what your talking about.

Oh and that last bit where you try to "recreate" the forum drama, you should be ashamed of yourselves
22 Jul 2016, 06:38 AM

The left guy is right that things can die quickly.......

But only by RNG tank wipes and indirect. Actual small arms fire barely does anything in this game. You can shoot at stuff point blank, and it takes a LONG time to die.

That's actually the problem with this game: indirect in general is OP as fuck, while small arms fire isn't scary at all in comparison.
22 Jul 2016, 08:46 AM

Hello Despe,

Thank you for the effort of your production. It is always nice to see people whose passion for the game leads to the creation of content; however, I was a bit disappointed by the depth of your discussion. For instance, a discussion about "balance" turned into a diatribe on the efficacy of the Bofors with Foxhound in rebuttal attempting to shift the discussion into a question of what balance is in the first place and the implications of "metashifts". I consider these tirades to be reckless, damaging, and rather fruitless. Ironically such a discussion could possibly be the subject of a similar "critique" and mockery as you undertook in the "Forum Drama Reconstruction" segment, an addition which I could understand if someone, particularly the subjects, found entirely negative, hurtful or upsetting, I know I certainly did. Herein lies my main criticism with your pilot episode in that I think you missed a great opportunity to have a progressive discussion on something more constructive such as when Foxhound mentioned in passing the modernity of the Wehrmacht as of the current patch. Perhaps that may have been a good opportunity to suggest how to improve the situation, for instance, how possibly changing veterancy or tech structure could bring the Wehrmacht more in line with the post WFA launch. Or when discussing the ridiculous nature of brace, I think an audience would appreciate more of an attempt to understand the rationale behind why an ability like brace is in the game instead of low-level lampooning of the animation.

I hope you find the criticism positive, again I appreciated the content creation. I personally feel there was a large void left after the SNF era and Tales of Hereos for more reflective community oriented content, and I do think you have a great opportunity here to be more constructive and inclusive with your platform.

Thanks for very nice criticism. You mention the void left after SNF, and the point of the show is to try something new in the community, to create more differentiated content than the current 'shoutcasts and Relic memes' (though we love both). So we are experimenting, and experiments are bound to fail. The discussions were shallow and too 'meta', the satire too hurtful. I hope we will find good balance in the future.

With yours and others hard criticism of the forum drama part in particular, I have decided to cut the harshest parts of the video and we will try and create some better content for the next episode.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2016, 00:35 AMGenObi
I was expecting a well rounded discussion of the mechanics and game play of coh. Specifically I was hoping for stats discussion possible solutions to possible unbalance solutions.

Instead what i got was coh and coh2.org forum in video form. This wasn't a discussion, what this video was the countless threads that have been open to basically moan about noting.

personally it sounds like neither of you know what your talking about.

Oh and that last bit where you try to "recreate" the forum drama, you should be ashamed of yourselves

We are definitely sorry if the 'forum drama' was offensive. It's not the point, so we won't bring it back.
And you are right, we don't know what we are talking about - just like many others in the community - it's kinda the point with the show.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★