Login

russian armor

Soviet Newb Signing in (US/EST)

16 Jul 2013, 19:50 PM

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm a longtime RTS gamer (WarCraft: Orcs and Humans, Tiberian Sun, Total Annihilation) who' recently discovered Company of Heroes 2 after becoming disenfranchised with StarCraft 2's twitchy gameplay. I've been looking for something deep and engaging that focuses on unit control more than mineral mining, and I've landed here. So far, despite the learning curve, I couldn't be happier.

I'm in my late 20s, married, and have a young son (with another on the way!) I work as a SharePoint admin for my day job, and am looking for a game to fall into as passionately as I fell into StarCraft. I think and hope that COH2 will fit that bill.

I am pretty bad (many 1v1 and 2v2 games end up with German armor in my base, sadly) but always blame my own lack of skill before laying fault at the feet of game balance. I am enjoying the Soviets in this game (the USSR is one of my main areas of historical interest, in fact) and am interested in becoming a productive member of the community.

So, hi everybody!
17 Jul 2013, 01:59 AM

Hello and welcome tovarish!
Glad you joined and Im sure you will enjoy CoH2 and playing as Soviet alot! And don't worry the more you play the better you'll be at it :)
And its great to have yet another player who also likes history!
I think we should team up some day and defend our Rodina from those damn Germans :P

17 Jul 2013, 11:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge

welcome in coh series i would recommend not specializing in one faction like in other rts titles (like sc2) but instead learning to play both. you can still have your favorite ofc.
17 Jul 2013, 11:32 AM

try looking for a mentor, u can check in on mentee post and u will be paired up with a mentro that suits ur skill and possibilities (depending on information left on mentee forum post)
17 Jul 2013, 11:51 AM
Donator 11

welcome to the family :)
17 Jul 2013, 13:29 PM

try looking for a mentor, u can check in on mentee post and u will be paired up with a mentro that suits ur skill and possibilities (depending on information left on mentee forum post)

That was the first thing I did after joining the site! Really want to stop feeling like I'm losing simply due to lack of understanding of the best way to play. I have the feeling that many of my issues are due to not having a good enough understanding of how to best use my units.
17 Jul 2013, 17:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Welcome to the community dude =).
21 Jul 2013, 11:48 AM

Welcome comrade!
22 Jul 2013, 04:14 AM

aye yo mayn welcame 2 tha community mayn. sheeit aint non y'all be spreading no hate crimes u here?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★