Login

russian armor

My 2 cents

• This thread is locked
19 May 2016, 05:03 AM

Infantry should be either an AI unit or AT unit therefore promoting more combined arms.

Such example would be rear echelons should only be able to equipe zooks

Riflemen should only be able to equips bars/1919s

Royal engies with piats

Tommies/infantry sections with LMGs.

As we know, OKW mainline infantry are losing their AT capabilities yet gaining their AI. I think that's a great step.

This prevents 5 man/mainline infantry squads able to take punishment yet just push up to quickly do a quick folly of AT rounds.

OH, grens need a buff. They need something, with motor pits insta wiping, Shermans 1 shotting, stewarts, t70s,land mattress, you name it, anything that has the slightest AOE wipes a vet 3 gren squad. I don't know what but something needs to change.

I don't think it's right that OH has to rus tier 2 or its GG, if they lose their pack it's a complete uphill battle.

Oh is ALWAYS adjusting to their opponents game play or style, there is no first strike, OH has to do commander choice, or pull all units and micro to destroy a simple bofers. There is no room to flex.

The cheese in this game is overwhelming.

Most games I see either sim city or LMG equipped blobbs, that are able to do anything.

Now takes me to sim city, how long does it take or how many players lost does it take to realize this is a cancerous game environment? 2900 players I see everyday. Is relic going to wait till it's 1900 players?

I would also like to suggest, that all armies should lose their FRPs. OH and SU, not having special weapon racks, not having advance infantry that can do legit everytbing, I feel that a simple removal of FRP would stop blobbing, and bring vinalla fashions closer to balance.

Kinda a personal thought, but I'm not happy with Obers being in tier 4, and how the commanders are set up. Example

You go luff for elite infantry, but have 0 armour. So you go tier 4 making it redundant with obers..........

You go for a call in commander ST, CP, and naturally you'll skip tier 4, but have 0 elite infantry to stand up against allied double LMG units. It's a terrible design in my opinion...

Most if not all other factions can go for the medium tanks then a heavy call in being able to afford to skip the final tier. Except OKW. It's an over lapping tech. I suggest to move obers to the mechanized tier....

And whoever designed the british, I hope they lose their job, and mean that. I do not see how it remotely makes sense to implement so many abilities that are a simple "click and forget"
-brace
-auto repair for buildings
-motor pits
-bofers
-abilities that are able to have pin point accuracy to pin infantry and jam turrets
-abilities that smokes allied vehicles, and I think it reps them while at it?
Simple cash grab noob friendly faction.
Last time I checked it's ww2, not 2135 with magic forcefields, or Gods left hand to auto rep..
2v2 prospective.
19 May 2016, 05:37 AM

Is it me, or is it when the british came out the community nearly halfed in size.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, I don't even see half the steamers I used to..
19 May 2016, 05:38 AM

TL;DR: Allies OP because they can customize their squads while Axis can't /cry
19 May 2016, 05:40 AM

TL;DR: Allies OP because they can customize their squads while Axis can't /cry

+1
21 May 2016, 01:51 AM

Bump for trump
21 May 2016, 02:50 AM
Patrion 310

"isn't worth very much because I don't play allies" should have been your first and only sentence in the thread.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

People who do not play all factions and are clearly biased, should not be allowed in the balance forum.
21 May 2016, 02:59 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So that was a long rambly post but I will talk about USF weapon racks now, and it sort of relates to what you were saying.

I'm not a fan of the way weapon racks are implemented in the game, and I think they result in the opposite of what they were trying to achieve.

The weapon racks are there to allow the basic riflemen to perform multiple roles, and let you equip them in different ways to change up the monotony of having only one real infantry squad. What ends up happening is people just upgrade all their riflemen squads the same way in a game, there is no diversity at all. You unlock bars, you put bars on all the riflesquads. All the rifles now become barred rifles, still all identical. Maybe you put some bazookas on one of your squads, or go for lmgs instead of bars, the outcome is still that all your riflemen end up being identical.

The way I see it they were going for a system like the Panzer Elite had in vCoH, but they got lost along the way. For the Panzer Elite you would get different upgrades because they all had strengths and weaknesses, and you wanted them to compliment each other. You got stgs on a squad to flank, g43s to pick away at range, and schrecks to deal with tanks. You would get different upgrades during the match and use them together. There is no reason at all to ever unlock lmgs and bars and have a mix. The squad upgrades add no strategic diversity to the units, they are essentially brainless upgrades. What I would love to see is a reason to get more than one type of upgrade, and more upgrades added that change the squads role significantly.

What I would like to see is 4 different weapon racks, one for close range, one for mid range, one for long range, and one for AT; Thompsons, bars, m1919s, and bazookas respectively. Unlocking weapon racks unlocks all of them at the same time, and you buy two at a time with the cost factored in (3 thompsons). The weapons are balanced more to only be very effective in heir specific range, but be damn effective there. This would promote better diversity in US play; you would see m1919s fighting in the back while bars hold in the mid and thompsons flank from the rear, with Bazooka squads for support. It would reward strategic depth and combined arms, which is something that USF is lacking in.

This would add much more interesting gameplay to the americans, and result in not all the riflemen squads being just identical units. Vetting up or losing squads will have much more meaning when you know what they are and have a specific place in your army. To be clear, I don't see this as a way to buff or nerf USF, but as a way try provide more interesting gameplay.

Oh well, I know Relic will never implement something like this into the game this late. Just my opinion on how USF could be improved.
/rant
21 May 2016, 06:39 AM
Senior Caster Badge

"isn't worth very much because I don't play allies" should have been your first and only sentence in the thread.

People who do not play all factions and are clearly biased, should not be allowed in the balance forum.

+1 bro
21 May 2016, 10:22 AM

weapon racks come with the advantage of flexibility

and honestly, i have never seen it as an issue, but rather as a cool feature

whyyyyyyyy
21 May 2016, 10:58 AM
Donator 11

There is nothing bad in playing only one faction until you play it becouse it fits your playstyle. If you play the faction that doesn't fit your playstyle you shouldn't ask relic to change it in a way that fits you, you should just change the faction, all the cool features of the other faction await you. With 5 factions we really have a faction for everybody.
21 May 2016, 16:41 PM

Well I do mention various other points of interest besides weapon racks
21 May 2016, 16:44 PM

Wait a minute. I didn't even mention weapon racks. I mention there should be dedicated AT or AI units.

Engineers should be the only AT units in gsme....
21 May 2016, 16:46 PM

Kk I'm biased, I'm a fanboy I shouldn't be allowed in balance fourm

Mod lock post please. My ass is too hurt
21 May 2016, 17:17 PM

Royal Engineers with only PIATs? The worst AT weapon in game (apart from PTRS)? Hahahahahaha.
21 May 2016, 18:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
unknown 26
Russian Federation 43

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W