Login

russian armor

Lack of snares

8 May 2016, 11:35 AM

I want to start playing Brits more actively so I'm looking for advice.

The two main things that have kept me from playing them so far are the emplacements and the lack of infantry snares. I won't talk about emplacements because enough has been said.

I feel that the lack of (non-doc) snare on infantry makes the army composition fragile and very vulnerable to light and later medium armor, at least until you're able to get a couple of Cromwells and/or a Firefly. The problem is that if you decide not to go for an AC (or you lose it), the only AT left is the 6pdr, which is an awesome AT gun, but can be circled to death. PIAT's are cheap and good, but can't hit a well microed vehicle, especially something like a Luchs. So every time I play Brits I feel I have to either get an AC (which gets boring after a while), go Tank Hunters or hope my mines get hit. Otherwise, there's the ever present threat of a couple 222s, a Luchs or even a fast medium parking in the base.

With other armies there's always the possibility of having an AT gun screened by infantry, especially now that OKW gets fausts.

Is there something I'm missing? Are there other reliable ways to deter fast vehicles apart from the AC (and tanks)?

I'm talking about 1v1/2v2.
8 May 2016, 14:02 PM

When playing as UKF, In my opinion you need to get 5 men upgrade as soon as possible while also getting an AEC out to counter light armor play...

Now you maybe saying if I get 5 men upgrade, i'll be even more vulnerable to a P2 or a 222 and the answer is NO. If you get 3 REs with double PIATs (even though PIATs are as we all know are shit) they are gonna hit something eventually.

Oh and if you need a build order, Here it is :
Starting IS
IS
MG
T1
RE
5 Man Squad
AEC(if you see/suspect light vehicles)
RE(if not going AEC)
RE
Sniper(if the enemy is OKW and the map is open and long range depended)
Sniper
T3
Cromwell
Cromwell
8 May 2016, 17:54 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll give PIATs another go.

Does the Sniper vet1 ability still deal engine damage to light vehicles? I know they changed something about it in a patch but I can't seem to find it in the changelog.
8 May 2016, 19:21 PM

The AEC is simply the best option for the Brits. Not only does it deal with Panzer 2s, 222s, 250 halftracks etc. It's also pretty dandy against infantry and allows you to push the enemy back. Not going for the AEC ASAP is shooting yourself in the foot I'm afraid.

Vet 1 sniper still cause engine damage to full hp light vehicles and light tanks.
8 May 2016, 19:33 PM

With the new balance update that is coming, 4 of the five factions have snares. I think its time for the brits to get one too. Of curse non doctrinal.
8 May 2016, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2016, 14:02 PMEarth
When playing as UKF, In my opinion you need to get 5 men upgrade as soon as possible while also getting an AEC out to counter light armor play...

Now you maybe saying if I get 5 men upgrade, i'll be even more vulnerable to a P2 or a 222 and the answer is NO. If you get 3 REs with double PIATs (even though PIATs are as we all know are shit) they are gonna hit something eventually.

Oh and if you need a build order, Here it is :
Starting IS
IS
MG
T1
RE
5 Man Squad
AEC(if you see/suspect light vehicles)
RE(if not going AEC)
RE
Sniper(if the enemy is OKW and the map is open and long range depended)
Sniper
T3
Cromwell
Cromwell

I'd replace the second RE with a sniper then a 6pdr.

Also never get 5 man squads till after I get Cromwell.

My build order:
-Starting IS
-Vickers
-IS
-tech
-sniper/RE
- the other of two mentioned above
-6pdr
- 2nd sniper or Vickers
-tech t3
-Cromwell
-bolster squads
- Cromwell /Hammer

Also note that having tactical support regiment allows you to get a free Vickers and ATG for 150 munis
8 May 2016, 22:02 PM

The AEC is simply the best option for the Brits. Not only does it deal with Panzer 2s, 222s, 250 halftracks etc. It's also pretty dandy against infantry and allows you to push the enemy back. Not going for the AEC ASAP is shooting yourself in the foot I'm afraid.

I completely agree. I just dislike the fact that this really reduces the flexibility of the faction and makes it predictable. Thanks for the info bout the sniper, and the others for the BOs.

Is the Bofors in any way viable in 1v1? I'm not talking emplacement spam but rather setting up a safe, defensive (not far from base) vehicle deterrent to fall back to until there's a vehicle out to push. I'd try it myself but I'm still not good enough with Brits to be able to pull it off even if it's doable.

Are there any high level replays of 1v1 Bofors use (prolly RedWings :p )?
8 May 2016, 22:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'll give PIATs another go.

Does the Sniper vet1 ability still deal engine damage to light vehicles? I know they changed something about it in a patch but I can't seem to find it in the changelog.

The Brit sniper critical shot does:

Engine dmg to light vehicles
Turret lock to turreted vehicles
Stuns assault guns

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak