Login

russian armor

Strafe range

12 Jul 2013, 11:43 AM

Someone starts a strafe a quite a bit outside my base.

Units inside my base get strafed, killing units in my base.

Um, seriously? This is a bigger "I win" button than HTD or Oorah ever was.
12 Jul 2013, 11:52 AM

Yes it's very OP, and it has been confirmed that it will be changed in the next patch. Not sure there's anything else to say on the matter until the next patch.
12 Jul 2013, 11:52 AM

There are already several threads about this and devs have stated on this forum that they'll fix it in the next balance patch.
12 Jul 2013, 12:13 PM

Yeah, there are so many ways it is broken it is not funny.

Two of the three need to be fixed atm

• Range
  • Duration
  • Cost
12 Jul 2013, 12:41 PM

Its Range is ridiculous

any idea though, when the next patch will be released?
12 Jul 2013, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 12:13 PMhubewa
Yeah, there are so many ways it is broken it is not funny.

Two of the three need to be fixed atm

• Range
  • Duration
  • Cost

Range and duration for sure, but it is more broken than that. For a 3cp call-in, the cost is about right. It's just too good.

Currently it pins retreating units, does very good infantry damage as I've seen it decrew entire Zis squads. Also, friendly units don't seem to affected by the strafe which is absolutely ridiculous. Blob some Pgrens in there while the entire screen is pinned and they murder everything.

I don't see whats so hard about hot fixing this? It's been broke for a very long time and do we really have to wait for a huge patch that includes loads of AI changes? Relic's method of balance patching leaves much to be desired.
12 Jul 2013, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 14:02 PMMarxist

Range and duration for sure, but it is more broken than that. For a 3cp call-in, the cost is about right. It's just too good.

Currently it pins retreating units, does very good infantry damage as I've seen it decrew entire Zis squads. Also, friendly units don't seem to affected by the strafe which is absolutely ridiculous. Blob some Pgrens in there while the entire screen is pinned and they murder everything.

I don't see whats so hard about hot fixing this? It's been broke for a very long time and do we really have to wait for a huge patch that includes loads of AI changes? Relic's method of balance patching leaves much to be desired.

Well, I was just saying, if it is as strong as it is now, either increase the muni cost or something. As Ost, with no constant muni outflow (you don't have to be buying MG34s or schreks all the time) it is not hard to save up 120 Muni for the "I win" Button, especially since it comes so soon.

Friendly units are never affected by strafe, even in COH1. I think, in both games, bullets never FF, only shells do.
12 Jul 2013, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2013, 14:24 PMhubewa

Friendly units are never affected by strafe, even in COH1. I think, in both games, bullets never FF, only shells do.

Considering the radius and amount of damage, it would be like the Soviets being immune to incendiary barrage.

This isn't coh 1 though, but strafe was broken around when it was first released back then as well. The cycle continues I guess.
12 Jul 2013, 23:13 PM

Which is why either two of the three - range, duration and cost, needs to be fixed.
13 Jul 2013, 01:28 AM

and all they did in this patch was nerf Russians to make them nearly unplayable moreso than they already were when disregarding cheese strategies, ignoring completely broken shit like entire map 120 muni win button, killing and suppressing everything on the map thats not armor. Shit game, back to vCoH
13 Jul 2013, 05:09 AM

i'd like to see the range stay within the call in circle (and maybe make that circle smaller). then remove all damage done to units in cover (only damaging units in red or zero cover) and suppress (not pin) the infantry in the area. duration shortened would be fine (not opinionated on duration either way)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★