Login

russian armor

Brummbars can match AT gun range with Hunkering Down

21 Apr 2016, 19:31 PM

Since the test patch is out, I thought I'd provide a fun little thing I figured out in my own time when playing with the brummbars prior to the patch being released.

If you use hunkering down (is that the right name?) with brummbar, they will gain the range bonus which hits just about the range of an at gun if not judging by maximum distance. This is funny, since the brummbar fires in an arc which can over look a few cliffs. In certain maps such as Steppes, a well placed brummbar facing the direction the enemy may come from means a reliable anti-infantry weapon. AT-guns that fire from maximum distance tend to struggle taking out hunkered down brummbars, which gives it the window to shoot at arriving units as well as even the AT guns themselves (if a ledge or hill is applied, the AT gun might repeatedly smack the dirt as well). Enemy tanks may also be under threat of crew shocks too.

It's not overpowered, but a fun and somewhat effective way of using brummbars. Hope it helps.

Have fun, commanders!

21 Apr 2016, 19:51 PM

That shouldn't be possible. AT guns have 60 range, Brums have 40 range + 10 from Hull Down.
21 Apr 2016, 19:55 PM

That shouldn't be possible. AT guns have 60 range, Brums have 40 range + 10 from Hull Down.

"if not judging by maximum distance"

If they pull shots from the maximum 10 range they have, then yes the brummbar won't be able to respond. However, at that range, a frontal shot isn't a major threat with hunkering down taken into consideration.
21 Apr 2016, 20:03 PM

Lol... Hull Down Brummbar = Mini Howitzer meta incoming!
21 Apr 2016, 20:21 PM

Wow, we found non-doctrinal KV-2 for Wehrmacht?
21 Apr 2016, 20:37 PM

Wow, we found non-doctrinal KV-2 for Wehrmacht?

:sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant:
21 Apr 2016, 20:40 PM

:sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant::sibPheasant:

What? I just asked! :romeoPls:

Hull down is cool ability btw, really like to turn my Panthers into Panthertrums. No pasaran for tanks!

P.S. What about making "hull down ability" be able to use on your allies? Like veterancy upping in Elite was before. Would be veeery interesting to get hulled down KTs/JTs or STs...
21 Apr 2016, 23:22 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys Hull Down.

I uploaded a video to show some examples of how Hull Dowm Brummbar would do in engagements.

It can take care of AT guns quite well, it can take out infantry quite well, it poses minimal threat to armor as it should be, it can shoot over shotblockers.
21 Apr 2016, 23:30 PM

Imagine this with the buffed brumbar... New meta confirmed.
22 Apr 2016, 03:19 AM

34 views and a thumbs down! Oh what horrifying news. To think I spent time to make a video to show relevant data only to be ignored or rejected.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★