Login

russian armor

[2vs.2] another loss against Axis

17 Apr 2016, 17:54 PM

A 2vs2 battle with a random guy...

We struggled to get out of defencive mode and in the end failed to Axis strength

any suggestions what might have went wrong in this ? :(

18 Apr 2016, 00:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So first off, your teamate played terribly. By 15 minutes into the game he had lost 4 infantry sections, 2 vickers, an AT-gun, and the call-in halftrack. Your opponents had lost no squads at that point, and so it's pretty much gg right there. Your teammate needed to focus on taking his fuel instead of throwing squads at the middle. I will try to focus more on what you did, but know that your teammate didn't help at all.

Your team completely skipped light vehicles. That is one of the big advantages allies have, and neither of you got them. This is why the flamehalftrack rekt your shit, you had nothing that could chase it and finish it off. That flamehalftrack pushed both of you completely off the field and made sure there was no way you could comeback. You held the fuel, but the enemy kept it cutoff for the entirety of 15-25 minutes, while keeping their own. They didn't even need to defend their fuel because your teammate never pushed off the 1 mg they had covering that half the map. So yea, focus on more than one part of the map. As allies, and especially as Soviets, you need to have an overwhelming presence to get around their mgs. Be all over the map. When Ostheer is backed into a corner is when all their different combined arms come together to create a wall of death.

Late game went a little better because your opponent decided to suicide all his vehicles into your base like a moron everytime you got a Katyusha. But you had no fuel to make a comeback, and they were pulling in double your fuel income. Their losses were replaceable, yours weren't. Late game you should have been splitting up instead of focusing on that base they built with bunkers. Once the elephant came out there was no chance for you to comeback without a divine intervention from God.

Will mention your infantry play here, you need to pick your fights better. Instead of retreating you spent a lot of effort to throw molotovs before retreating, don't do this. Molotovs are good for denying cover, denying buildings, and making support weapons move. Not for killing things. Only the worst players actually lose squads to molotovs, and the guys you were playing were okay. Molotovs are only useful if you have something to follow them up with. They are great for making that mg move or squads leave the house, then your other infantry can rush in and deal with them while they are out of position. These molotovs you were throwing did nothing, they just move the squad and go on doing whatever. All it was doing was costing you munitions and putting your squads in danger.

You also didn't blob too bad, which is good, but you need to spread out even more. Bum rushing an MG42 with 3 squads spaced out frontally is ok, but it's much better if you can be coming from multiple directions. Less chance of failure.

Things to take away from this:
- Your Teammate played bad enough to cost you the game even if you were much better
- Your conscript use was decent, but could be better
- Don't waste molotovs for petty damage they could just heal with a medic
- Get light vehicles
- hold your cutoff and focus on more than one point
- GET LIGHT VEHICLES
18 Apr 2016, 11:44 AM

hey ! thank you for your advices ! :)

Well I often skip light vehicles to save the fuel for Katyusha to conter axis blobs :/
Maybe I should focus on light vehicles first... It was easier when soviets were able to build
the katyusha building first...

I will try to keep that advice with the molotovs in mind :)

Actually I am working hard to improve my attacks with conscripts from multiple sides ! I will go on improving it :)

and my "teammate"... well random matchmaking ! :P

sad u cannot get a single Rank for playing with friends... only an Allied Rank.

So I often try randommatchmaking but 50% of them went horribly wrong :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS