Login

russian armor

Why does relic hate Soviets ?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
14 Apr 2016, 14:53 PM

Maxims are no totally UP but compared to Axis MG the range to the sides is bad and so its much easier to flank and you need to protect it with another MAxim or Unit so its UP against Axis MGs in my eyes. Thats all I wanted to say :)

And that's where you miss the point of maxims. Axis HMGs are defensive in nature hence they pack up slowly and have a wide arc these give it a great area denial capability against infantry at the cost of them being hard to relocate.

The maxim on the other hand is aggressive by nature which is why it has a fast pack up speed, the sprint ability and small cone of fire. This allows it to keep up with your front line infantry while you're pushing the front lines/ relocating to another front.

@Spectre The usual cut off for ranking is either 100/200. Whats with the strange 350 cutoff?
14 Apr 2016, 14:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved from Balance to Scrap Yard.

Moderator assessment awaited.
14 Apr 2016, 15:04 PM

spectre645

So this forum is only for the top 350 players ? I did not knew that...

really do it, ive posted several replays there and always got awesome answers of good players who helped me to get better in game

thank you bananaheld for the nice reply and Tip without any offending comments included :)
your other threads seemed a bit disrespectful to me. Nice u can do it in another manner too
I will try this
14 Apr 2016, 15:05 PM

Moderator assessment awaited.

Just delete this thread... 3/4 of the answers are offending, disrespectfull, offtopic or unnecessary and I do not expect anything other in the future...

thanks to the few who post replies with usefull information in an adult way...

I will not post my opinion here again.

To the Admin/moderators: you should do more against this disrespectful, offending way of some people here or it will destroy the community. I saw it in a few other forums. Some people just need to be like that in the internet and in the end no other users want to post anything because they just expect those answers then...
14 Apr 2016, 16:00 PM

Soviets just work, more or less. But! they are poorly designed and nobody can negate this.

Maxims, while working quite well with proper circumstances,have annoying problems like spinning in place, dead loops, and not being able to use the magic hmg tp. They are popular because they are a better option than the other core units. Nerf them, but fix them first.
They have the bigest amount of useles core units, useless vet abilities, useless commanders. thats a fact, and needs to be adresed.
They are unplayable without commanders "tanks + elite infantry commanders"

They have anoing things like supply drop being strigth worst than the OST equivalent, planes geting destroyed for free by OKW base AA and AA truks, m5 unable to stop any planes, stuka strafes unafle to make any damage, or the single strafe one buged as hell, m3 countered by everithing. All the infantry with those flare mines, or all the tanks able to cap, badly chosen vet bonus. No reliable AT infantry plus laking in the AT tanks specially at late game. Pop cap and prices, those tasty 120mm... those cheap vet feed named t34. Ram being quite useless you even lose the main gun and engine for raming a cubelwagen, meanwile bliezcrieg dosen't even overheat the engines. M42 AT gun, penals, guards being unable to buy more ptrs and button overnerfed while costing 40 munitions. B4 can't hit anithing, the shots go further than the scatter reticle. Hit the dirt is rubish. Katyushas are balanced but its not fair when you see all the other roket artilleries. T1 and T4 are a mes.

Yea soviets work at 1v1 and 2vs2, but in 3v3 and 4v4 you can see where the design flaws are. The faction can be fixed but that dosen't mean its going to be OP at everithing at 1vs1, just more fun to play with and against, everibody wins.
14 Apr 2016, 16:00 PM

Blatantly overpowerd? With what, I would like to know?

I only know about 2 "good" things of Maxims. Fast setup/packup and 6 men squads. First is hardly "nerfed" with smallest arc of fire in game and lowest AoE supression. As result - it is worst HMG to work against blobs, which are very popular in OKW, for example.

6 men squads is very questionable benefit. It still can be wiped by 1 shot, KT doing it pretty well, Stukas and Werfers are nice in that... So, I don't know, what makes Maxim so OP? Maybe it is super-cheap? But no, it is 20-40 MP cheaper, than other HMGs, but don't forget, that same MG-42 or Vikkers are T0 MGs - you don't need to spend 160 MP before, for to get them, so it is kinda compensation, not benefit.

So, tell me please, what makes Maxims so OP?

Go watch NA ESL.
14 Apr 2016, 16:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thread started by a poster using a second account, in breach of Site Rules.

/locked by a Moderator.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 10
South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L