Login

russian armor

Brit Players Opinions Wanted: Early Game

13 Apr 2016, 19:34 PM

Since credibility is asked, I'll just leave it here. (How do I tag my playercard to this damn signature?)
I usually only play Soviets or Wermacht despite owning all three. I hardly dabble in 1v1 and mostly enjoy 3v3 or above. I think my ranking is somewhere 20XX but I don't remember (so yeah, pretty much average joe, doesn't help that I play about only once a day.).
As Soviets, I'm pretty happy where I'm at and pretty much the same for my Wermacht as well.

Now, to the actual thing I wanted to ask:

The current hot topic is the Brits in team games and how their emplacements ruin fun.I don't exactly agree but I can understand. Personally, it's not as awful people pin it, but I can see the problem being great once it spurs on. It's like teenage pregnancy, you have to stop it early or you will be having troubles the rest of the game, playa. Wermacht strats I have is usually orientated around MG + Grens pushing aggressively to impede the British force's early game attempt to set foot on a good emplacement location. Most of the time it does work, since Vickers and Tommies are limited in numbers due to stocking up resources for emplacements. Afterwards it's the matter of getting to BP1 to permanently impede proper emplacement placement through the use of 222 scout cars and their effective harassment. Unless the brit player plans on setting emplacement all the way in the back (which I'm quite comfortable with), it won't happen. By this point they either surrender or bleedout to GG.

Now what I want to ask is what British players who are on higher ladders know in regards of countering this early aggression strategy. It's been working quite well for me so far and I want to know more about their option in the start that could help them settle ahead in the emplacement game. If possible, provide a counter strategy and then even a counter to that counter.

TL;DR

What do as brit chavs when Grens are shoved down your throat?

Keep in mind that I am
- Team games mostly
- Average skill if not below
- Just play Wermacht

Thanks for your time and consideration!
13 Apr 2016, 20:59 PM

Permanently Banned
If you're dealing with just lots of grens, 2 Vickers with inf support should pretty much always hold back inf blobs.
13 Apr 2016, 21:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

5 man squad upgrade gives a 25% potential fire power to your Infantry Sections. It costs 35 fuel, and 100 manpower. This powerful, permanent upgrade enables you win out almost any engagement vs standard infantry (not sure exactly between grens mg 42 vs 5 man). While you spend fuel, you can "afford" another squad of Infantry section, or get a forward HQ, or get that much need early at gun because you are not spending it on a bofors. A early 5 man squad upgrade, allows you to be the aggressor and not be on the defense. Additionally how the vet 3 scope rifles bug is, your infantry do not really need Brens or vickers lmgs to fight in the late game since they are lethal at all stages.
13 Apr 2016, 22:31 PM

Thank you both for the response.

So by answering with these strategies, does this mean the British players abandon the use of emplacements? That's sort of the goal I go for.
13 Apr 2016, 22:49 PM
Donator 22

I played a lot with brits lately but not emplacement heavy.
My strat is always to rush on fuel or victory point and build a defensive line with sandbags, vickers and Tommies. Wehrmacht has almost no chance to crack such a position early on. Once you got 1 Tommy and 1 Vickers out of T1 and maybe an UC if you have the micro you tec to T2 and get a sniper or pak, once the fuel is there an aec is coming. This happens if you have one fuel around 5-7 min so the 222 have only little use. Aec and a pak as backup and any light vehicle is gone. And youre save till mid game there your cromwells are coming.
In my opinion brits are way stronger if you dont play with heavy emplacements. Brits have all the tools every other army has except from mobile indirect fire, so if you play against them an early mortar is the best thing you can do.
13 Apr 2016, 23:45 PM

I played a lot with brits lately but not emplacement heavy.
My strat is always to rush on fuel or victory point and build a defensive line with sandbags, vickers and Tommies. Wehrmacht has almost no chance to crack such a position early on. Once you got 1 Tommy and 1 Vickers out of T1 and maybe an UC if you have the micro you tec to T2 and get a sniper or pak, once the fuel is there an aec is coming. This happens if you have one fuel around 5-7 min so the 222 have only little use. Aec and a pak as backup and any light vehicle is gone. And youre save till mid game there your cromwells are coming.
In my opinion brits are way stronger if you dont play with heavy emplacements. Brits have all the tools every other army has except from mobile indirect fire, so if you play against them an early mortar is the best thing you can do.

I got a feeling that if I ever felt like climbing ladders, players like you will show up and spice my game up. At this point, a lot of my games are just rushing down Brits who only seem to work with emplacements. It's easy to beat them with rushes but it is kind of dull.
14 Apr 2016, 00:08 AM

You don't have to go heavy emplacements, but a single mortar pit in a safe spot covering a VP and or a fuel point goes a long way.
14 Apr 2016, 00:48 AM

My player card is 100x worse than Sully's so take this with a grain of salt. I agree with using a single, defensively placed mortar pit. When I try to go with emplacements, it normally doesn't work well. I don't like 3v3+ too much so mostly play 2v2 or 1v1. In a 2v2, when the other side decides to deconstruct sim city, you need a teammate that helps. Good luck with that when playing with randoms. It often does work when playing AT with someone on TS but not always.

Even ignoring the AT vs Random issue, the play is a bigger one. Sinking 30-50 pop cap into an army that can't move means that you're giving the other side at least 1/3 of the map long enough that they will get their counters out before losing the game. If your teammate decides to play on the other side of the map, you can't help them without risking sim city so they'll get pummeled. Ultimately, it ends up not being fun, and frequently a loss. If you haven't won by the 40 minute mark, your reward will be either a mass of stugs, Elefant, or JT, none of which are affected by counter-battery.

I think most of the complaining comes from two types of players. Ones that genuinely don't know how to beat it, and better players that are annoyed because it took them 45-60 minutes to win a game that they are convinced they could have won in 10-15 minutes without the emplacements.
14 Apr 2016, 04:32 AM

I mostly play 3v3+, and i am mediocre player. when i play UKF i usually go for vicker, UC and wait to see my enemy,

for 3v3
if i see OKW with kubel, SP and volks, i will upgrade to T2 and build a RE then bofos, because 1 tommie and UC with vicker support can easily beat the that line up OKW. depend on map to upgrade to vicker if have alot open field or flame for map with alot buildings. or vision block walls since flame can pass walls if u use attack ground. easy to pick out weapon team that is near walls. and try to scout up see what he building Med HQ or mech HQ. if mech rush T3 get cromwell, if med try get a mortar pit to put in my range or it too far back get a AT gun then rush a cromwell.

if i see OKW with SP and double volks I ususally get a second tommie or vickers then upgrade and get sapper then bofos follow above

if i see OH that with sniper i will buy another tommies then upgrade HMG upgrade for UC, get sapper then AEC,

if i see OH that with 2-3 gren sqs i will get another vicker and T2, Flame upgrade for UC (to let vicker pinn and force retreat on pinned gren and HMG42, pick cancer commander skip sapper use tommies to build bofos then FA, then mortar pits. because who start with alot grens they tend to rush for 2 222 and rush, bofos is only thing will wipe them under 5 secs if they got in range.

4v4 then it is depend on your teammate performance if we take the fuel or VP (many map those are together) i go for bofos to defend it., other wise i go for another tommie, sniper, sapper and a AT gun to push. go for AEC and upgrade for 5th men when building sniper to push.
14 Apr 2016, 05:58 AM

Why is no1 using state office:sibPheasant:
Why is no mod moving these threads to the state Office? :sibPheasant:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment