Login

russian armor

Soviet Munitions Balance

11 Jul 2013, 05:50 AM

While I am a new here I tend to have a great deal of success with the Soviet as I have an extreme amount of excess munitions that simply turn into mines everywhere. Particularly on snow maps around camp fires and green cover it is simply murderous. I think that upgrades such as PSSH should cost around 40-60 muni, and the Soviet mine should be increased in cost to perhaps 40-45 munitions. It is simply too easy to gain huge mid game advantage with a few well placed mines that can be tailored to kill both light vehicles and infantry.

This by no means reflects extremely high level play and I cannot speak to that in the slightest however in the trenches of World War Noob this is an issue.
11 Jul 2013, 05:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

from what ive seen the soviets just don't have enough munition based ability's they have some but they cost like dirt where the Germans are all throughout the faction and cost alot to upgrade.

soviets need some muni based upgrades to fill in the gap.
11 Jul 2013, 06:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 05:52 AMWiFiDi
from what ive seen the soviets just don't have enough munition based ability's they have some but they cost like dirt where the Germans are all throughout the faction and cost alot to upgrade.

soviets need some muni based upgrades to fill in the gap.

^Agreed perhaps SVT Rifles for 60 munis on scripts increasing effectiveness mid range, and maybe a 120 muni upgrade for the T-34 to give it the 85mm cannon instead of being a unit only available in pairs. This might also give Soviet players an incentive to get a T-34 instead of a T-70 and less use of the sacrificial T-34/Anti Tank gun combo.
11 Jul 2013, 06:04 AM

But German has a Opel cargo truck :)

11 Jul 2013, 06:09 AM

and there is no limit! you can have one per territory o_O
11 Jul 2013, 06:27 AM

The Opel truck requires a Doctrinal choice, 200 MP sacrifice on a non combat unit, Territorial control to the extent of non intrusion by the enemy (A guard squad makes extremely quick work of this unit), or an additional 200 MP totaling to 400 MP to get your moneys worth in the future. While it can be problematic in a already snowballing game generally I view it more as a risk as an attempt to catch up than a sure thing.
11 Jul 2013, 06:57 AM

The Opel truck requires a Doctrinal choice, 200 MP sacrifice on a non combat unit, Territorial control to the extent of non intrusion by the enemy (A guard squad makes extremely quick work of this unit), or an additional 200 MP totaling to 400 MP to get your moneys worth in the future. While it can be problematic in a already snowballing game generally I view it more as a risk as an attempt to catch up than a sure thing.

opel blitz truck is fine is the last thing to believe in human history
11 Jul 2013, 08:15 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 06:57 AMUGBEAR

sov muni costs is the last thing to believe in human history
11 Jul 2013, 10:20 AM

So in addition to the massive and cheap abilities Soviets have, you want them to have more abilities, but ones that are better and more expensive. The munition disparity is caused due to ostheer abilities being so expensive. 50 mp for grenades, 80 mp for mines, 120 for shreks, rifle grenades are not that expensive by themselves but mostly ineffective, 60 mp just to make your main combat infantry not suck(lmg).I don't think stacking even more abilities on one side will benefit the situation
11 Jul 2013, 12:21 PM

I would say:
1) Make PPSH cost 40;
2) Make Hit The Dirt cost 5 and nerf(fix) it;
3) Leave mines the same.
11 Jul 2013, 12:52 PM

Teller mines could use a reduction to around 45 munitions and their damage decreased slightly. Panzerschrecks could be reduced to 100 or make it one Panzerschreck for 60-70 again. S-Mines could be reduced to 60 munitions... other than that... maybe 5 muni less on a few abilities or so.

I think the issue is that the Ostheer have a lot of stuff that costs munitions and some of them feel kinda mandatory. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you have to make a non-trivial decision on what to spend your munitions on this is good.
However, they feel too starved and slight reductions here or there would surely make the whole faction play a bit more flexible instead of that rigid corset the old meta and the high munitions costs pressed Ostheer players in.

I agree that Soviet munitions costs need to be reevalued and some more abilities/upgrades added. They currently don't really have to make decisions on which things to use. Just molotov (no, molotovs are not too strong), grenade and mine all the time because you're floating 200 munitions anyways.

Players should have a choice between getting Panzerschrecks or mines or LMGs or grenades... just as they should have a choice between buying mines, grenades, moltovs, pphs, DPlmgs... not all of them at once!

@the Opel: I think it should be reduced to 1 currently active per player. It'd still be pretty good (as good as two caches plus it is mobile and doesn't need to sit in the center of the sector) but this way it can't really be abused, especially in team matches.
11 Jul 2013, 15:49 PM

So in addition to the massive and cheap abilities Soviets have, you want them to have more abilities, but ones that are better and more expensive. The munition disparity is caused due to ostheer abilities being so expensive. 50 mp for grenades, 80 mp for mines, 120 for shreks, rifle grenades are not that expensive by themselves but mostly ineffective, 60 mp just to make your main combat infantry not suck(lmg).I don't think stacking even more abilities on one side will benefit the situation

My point was not to give op abilities it was to encourage T-3 usage and with the upgrade it would mean soviets in the early game would not have mined the shit out of the map. My thought here is if you flat increase the cost of all muni required abilities and don't provide a useful options later in the game it is highly probable that soviets will suffer.

In reference to the Grenadiers they also have instantly unlocked anti armor capabilities which I completely approve of and they also get a great long distance grenade capable of handling mg teams quite easily. They are stronger than conscripts ATM in a heads up fight with no upgrades on either side. All addition infantry worth shit from the soviets come from a doctrinal choice and if you choose to counter pgren rush with Shock Troops you open yourself up to a good deal of AT gun kiting in the early to mid game.

I do not mean to say that the Russians are extremely weak or anything of the sort I just want some options other than planting mines at your fuel point to score the kill on your first pgren squad because I find that it isn't a fun way of playing the game for either player.

I would say:
1) Make PPSH cost 40;
2) Make Hit The Dirt cost 5 and nerf(fix) it;
3) Leave mines the same.

To this I have to say I agree with you that PPSH should be more and I think that a duration nerf on hit the dirt would be great. Say 10 seconds total duration 5 in green 5 in Yellow then back up as opposed the the indefinite green cover it gives atm. Then put the ability on a 30 second cooldown for 5 munitions so those squads could be killed without a grenade.
11 Jul 2013, 16:28 PM

You guys bring up a good point. I just went back and checked all of my soviet games and realized by the end of my games I float a lot of munition compared to when I play Germans. I ain't complaining :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★