Login

russian armor

Dealing with Campers

9 Apr 2016, 07:15 AM

TL;DR OKW camps with flak truck. Auto lose since cannot kill.

OK so the OKW player decided to bring 2 sturms out of the gate. So I brought all my men to the right side. Then I lost the early game(riflemen bled to death, RE wiped). Brought more riflemen to flank and secure cutoff, then saw the truck.

"Ok then", I said.

Pumped out Cap and Stuart ASAP to deal with Flak HT(the one ppl NEVER build), surprised by raketen parked beside the truck, making sure I can't get close with the stuart. Riflemen were also nulled by suppression.

Come 5 mins later then I saw it. He parked his flak truck at middle VP. Tried AT gunning, pack howie it(swarmed to death). Tried bringing stuart(died). Then I decided to YOLO my shermans to kill that truck(keep in mind that I denied both fuel for first 3/4 of the match).

HE. MADE. ANOTHER. ONE.

It went downhill from there and OKW managed to win by sheer blobbing at the end. And I don't have meta commanders since Relic too stingy.
10 Apr 2016, 04:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

TL;DR OKW camps with flak truck. Auto lose since cannot kill.

Not true~~~

So I brought all my men to the right side. Then I lost the early game(riflemen bled to death, RE wiped).

Let me give you some tips for this. vs Sturmpioneers, double pioneers, triple kubel, whatever, you will have numerical man v man advantage for the first engagement if you play it right.

And you did, at some points during this game.

This is how you should engage okw squads early game. Do this! Alot!

Never fight one v one engagements unless youre just totally out of position and have no choice. Engage only when you have two squads to fire on one, or, if thats not possible, basically have your troops in position where they can focus down sturmpioneers if they try to advance, and win at mid-range in a shootout vs Volks. hopefully, this makes sense. if not, I can get in game with you sometime with you and show you what I mean.

When you go 4 riflemen, try to get an ambulance after you tech your officer. I would even say get one before you get a light vehicle. Otherwise, 4x squads constantly reinforcing from being low health, will give you huge manpower problems, and your light vehicle timing will be harmed.

However that brings me to another mistake you made, never EVER go 5 rifles early game. Especially with no ambulance. Its manpower suicide, and most players simply cannot micro 5 riflemen to max efficiency due to the way the squad has to engage. (unless in a blob ofc :snfPeter: but dont blob ;) )Instead of a 5th rifle, git an ambulance.

You really couldve finished that off and won the game easily here...

Brought more riflemen to flank and secure cutoff, then saw the truck.

"Ok then", I said.

Pumped out Cap and Stuart ASAP to deal with Flak HT(the one ppl NEVER build), surprised by raketen parked beside the truck, making sure I can't get close with the stuart. Riflemen were also nulled by suppression.

Have you read DevM's USF guide?
Always engage with your full force when attacking. Attack from different angles. Smoke and flank.

You did a half heart attack on a supported position and got nullified.

Two rifles just sitting out the assault, enjoying the countryside.

HE. MADE. ANOTHER. ONE.

unfortunately, thanks to your previous mistakes, you had already lost :snfPeter:

I don't have meta commanders since Relic too stingy.

Try Infantry company(its a F R E E commander) vs okw bullshit like schwerer HQ's on crossing in the woods.

General crap:

You probably neglected to use the stuart stunshot because you may or may not Use Hotkeys. Clicking the ability itself in the heat of battle doesn't work. It'll take 10-20-30-1000 games, but eventually hotkeying the ability when you need it ordered will become clockwork for you..

Not a good spot for your retreat point. Volks will see you as a target and envelope you.

Any other questions I didnt answer, or didnt answer well... let me kno
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 19
South Africa 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %