Login

russian armor

rifle grenade

4 Apr 2016, 09:37 AM

as soon as you see a maxim, just press one button and wipe the maxim at max range
pfff surpression? why would that matter, that wont punish it
meanwhile soviets require a sidetech, point blank range, 1.5 sec cast time just to dislodge a mg
do i really have to start stacking maxims just to deal with grenadier rifle nades
4 Apr 2016, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2016, 09:37 AMjugg
as soon as you see a maxim, just press one button and wipe the maxim at max range

If only this was true :foreveralone:

But seriously, riflenades are fine, infact, its the maxims that are OP.
4 Apr 2016, 10:15 AM

Use conscripts to place sandbags for your maxims. You will now no longer die to rifle grenades.
4 Apr 2016, 10:51 AM
Donator 11

What aerohank said. This is very counter intuitive but throwing or shooting a nade over cover decreases the damage it will couse to models in that cover. In real granades counter cover, in coh2 its the cover that counters granades. Mind that if you are in front of cover instead of behind it or gren squad flanks you, you will still get wiped, but well thats what flanking is for.
4 Apr 2016, 10:54 AM

Use conscripts to place sandbags for your maxims. You will now no longer die to rifle grenades.

As if Maxim players would waste MP on conscripts :snfPeter:
4 Apr 2016, 10:56 AM
Donator 11

As if Maxim players would waste MP on conscripts :snfPeter:

Well, maxim spam without support from any other unit is very easy to counter. Its not that you can just build 10 maxims, attack move them into your opponent and you win. At least I have never seen a game like that as I can belive that deep in the ladder it is possible.
4 Apr 2016, 12:17 PM
Patrion 14

There are some problems with the rifle nade but they're mainly of a animation and feedback nature. Since the animation just doesn't play or bugs out often, which makes it impossible to see and the voice lines that warn about the nade arrive about just as the rifle nades hits.
4 Apr 2016, 14:12 PM

There are some problems with the rifle nade but they're mainly of a animation and feedback nature. Since the animation just doesn't play or bugs out often, which makes it impossible to see and the voice lines that warn about the nade arrive about just as the rifle nades hits.

this, a thousand times.

I lost count of how many times I lost games to players much worse than me because he decide to nade me the second I look the other way, and in maps like crossing the river where heavy cover is very rare, rifle nades reign supreme.

My biggest gripe is that when you hear "grenade!" it's already too late.
4 Apr 2016, 14:23 PM

I remeber the time where rifle grande became more range with veterany and could wipe you from FoW :hyper:
4 Apr 2016, 14:36 PM

I remeber the time where rifle grande became more range with veterany and could wipe you from FoW :hyper:

Back in this time unit clumping was also worse ánd the maxim had lower suppression.

Bad times. Baaaaaaad times.

But at least nobody maxim spammed :foreveralone:
4 Apr 2016, 15:51 PM

Back in this time unit clumping was also worse ánd the maxim had lower suppression.

But double ISU-152 with 100 range did venge all those death :snfQuinn:
4 Apr 2016, 16:05 PM

Ah yes, the good old days when you could just faceroll Volks with Conscript spam behind their sandbags made out of indestructible Stalinium every game. As much as people like to bag on Relic QoL changes like the unclumping patch made a biiig difference.

OT - Rifle grenades are fine 6 man squads usually means you'll rarely get oneshotted. One thing you don't want to do it park a maxim behind small yellow cover (no grenade -% damage) it usually clumps your squad and begs to be naded. The only bad thing is the post-rifle nade deathloop that usually ensues and finishes you off. -_- Seriously, I'd take a Maxim nerf in a heartbeat if it meant they'd get rid of the deathloop.
4 Apr 2016, 16:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You should be predicting when they will riflenade you, it's usually an obvious target because you can't just throw all your munis away on nades as Ostheer. Get within the minimum range.
4 Apr 2016, 16:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OP: all nades should have reduce range while suppressed.

What aerohank said. This is very counter intuitive but throwing or shooting a nade over cover decreases the damage it will couse to models in that cover. In real granades counter cover, in coh2 its the cover that counters granades. Mind that if you are in front of cover instead of behind it or gren squad flanks you, you will still get wiped, but well thats what flanking is for.

Friendly reminder that heavy/green cover is what you are looking for. With light/yellow you are gonna have a bad time.

2/3 years and counting.

Well, maxim spam without support from any other unit is very easy to counter. Its not that you can just build 10 maxims, attack move them into your opponent and you win. At least I have never seen a game like that as I can belive that deep in the ladder it is possible.

VonIvanpls.
4 Apr 2016, 23:02 PM

Lul, tasty meat for my Luchs branded grinder
4 Apr 2016, 23:26 PM

riflenade vs US inf is worse.

however i just can laugh at people having issues with gameplay stuff like this,
as everything stops to matter when thinking about the sheer existence of
5 Apr 2016, 00:53 AM

You can still get Grenadiers with that veterancy bonus if you're willing to buy a 250 Halftrack with them. :D

however i just can laugh at people having issues with gameplay stuff like this, as everything stops to matter when thinking about the sheer existence of the mortar pit

I'm quite sure I could rename the UKF Medic squad "Mortar Pit" and you would be writing about it killing CoH2 before I'd even published the mod. ;)
5 Apr 2016, 02:05 AM
Senior Editor Badge

According to Tightrope's video on cover, the half damage only applies to units on the opposite side of the cover. If your squad flanks the cover and throws the grenade, you still get 100% damage. :o
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★