Login

russian armor

Soviets - Too Strong

26 Mar 2016, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 17:44 PMzerocoh
every time I a-move my maxims they just face the complete opposite way of the enemy, this pudding will not stick.

Congratz you are in the same special club as misscommissar

The club is called "i srsly dont know how to use one of the easiest&cheesiest unit ingame"
26 Mar 2016, 17:55 PM

Maxims are overperforming, yet the entire rest of the faction is underperforming. Especially the T-34/76.
26 Mar 2016, 18:13 PM

How are maxims overperforming?
Come the fuck on, they are on spot.

Stop asking to nerf any soviet unit that performs just good.
Maxims were already nerfed.
26 Mar 2016, 18:16 PM

How are maxims overperforming?
Come the fuck on, they are on spot.

Stop asking to nerf any soviet unit that performs just good.
Maxims were already nerfed.

Maxims set up so fast that they are autonomous a-move assault units rather than support weapons.
26 Mar 2016, 18:31 PM

Maxims set up so fast that they are autonomous a-move assault units rather than support weapons.

The reason they set up "so fast" is because of their limited arc in comparison with the MG42.
What you guys are saying is that they set up as fast as a regular infantry unit and this is false, quite frankly if you can't be bothered to either flank or run out of the arc before it sets up, it means only one thing : You suck.

People have been crying about maxims since this game was out, it has been nerfed over 3 times, including changing its tier building, so that there is no more sniper+maxim (while it is still possible for ostheer).

They don't set up that fast, how are you seriously trying to say that they can be used as an assault infantry?

Maxim opening is really important for soviets right now, because of their doctrine dependance and that their good infantry units are locked behind 2 CP.

26 Mar 2016, 19:10 PM

The reason they set up "so fast" is because of their limited arc in comparison with the MG42.
What you guys are saying is that they set up as fast as a regular infantry unit and this is false, quite frankly if you can't be bothered to either flank or run out of the arc before it sets up, it means only one thing : You suck.

No one said they set-up as fast as mainline inf, so calm down.

I will also tell certain top 10 players who faced my maxims and didn't get out in time that they suck.
Coming from such a player as yourself, i am sure they will be glad to hear it.

People have been crying about maxims since this game was out, it has been nerfed over 3 times, including changing its tier building, so that there is no more sniper+maxim (while it is still possible for ostheer).

it has also been buffed since then but don't let facts like that distracts you.
(or the fact sov t2 is 20 fuel now, making it cheaper then getting at nades)

They don't set up that fast, how are you seriously trying to say that they can be used as an assault infantry?

Because i do that.
Seriously, 4x maxims, no cons, no nothing.
Do i suffer from this? hell no, it got me top 30 in no time.
Other players do this aswell, but hey, you must know better right?

Maxim opening is really important for soviets right now, because of their doctrine dependance and that their good infantry units are locked behind 2 CP.

Even if this would be the only way to play soviet (i am not sure on that one) it's no reason to keep it OP.
Actually, there is exist no reason to keep anything OP, but thats for another time.
26 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM

hat you guys are saying is that they set up as fast as a regular infantry unit and this is false, quite frankly if you can't be bothered to either flank or run out of the arc before it sets up, it means only one thing : You suck.

Do you have any idea who the person you're responding to is? And his skill level?
26 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

Maxim is a unit that requires next to no micro attention to the point where a-moving it across he map is quite viable, generally defeats every other infantry unit/support team 1v1, and has insane resilience in garrisons. If you think its fine, you're prolly a beginner or play only teamgames. Sorry....but its the truth.
26 Mar 2016, 20:21 PM

Its a side effect of Cons being the worst mainline inf, with no nondoctrinal weapon upgrade.
26 Mar 2016, 20:32 PM

Sure. Give Ostheer 5 men Grens, buff P4's accuracy and pen, fix pios, buff brummbar and make T4 more useful.

Note: Soviets are one of the best faction both in tourney and in automatch.

+1
26 Mar 2016, 20:44 PM

As its been said maxim is a crutch. Saying soviet OP cuz maxim is a waste of everyones time because everyone who wants soviet buffs EXPECTS the maxim to get nerfed in exchange. People dont like spamming maxims, playing it or playing against it sucks, its basicly emplacements level of fun. Players just want options that dont put the ratio of micro/reward up disproportionately high when the game progresses (the opposite of what the current maxim brings to the table)

The problem however is that the maxim needs to preform as a blob counter AND be unique....
What about only dealing supression from green cover? (cons can build it so its no issue getting any) and otherwise it just deals damage? It can still be used to assault then but requires position and planning to supress.

26 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

The problem however is that the maxim needs to preform as a blob counter AND be unique....
What about only dealing supression from green cover?

What the actual fuck is this?
Suppressing only from green cover, are you out of your mind?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 19:23 PMDomine

Do you have any idea who the person you're responding to is? And his skill level?

I do not know what his skill level is, I would judge that myself once I know.

I would also like to say that whoever says that Maxim guns are OP is incorrect.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 19:10 PMzarok47
Even if this would be the only way to play soviet (i am not sure on that one) it's no reason to keep it OP.
Actually, there is exist no reason to keep anything OP, but thats for another time.

I didn't say it's the only way to, I say it's an important way to open the game with soviets, at least the only other way besides conscripts since Penals are fucking useless.

What buff did it get? I wasn't aware of it.

I'm sorry but all I say is taht the maxims are performing just how they should.

It sounds like you guys want to destroy everything that's good for soviets, just because something "performs good" doesn't mean it's OP, it means it's good.

When we say that the OKW Panzer II is spawned too fast or is too solid for what it is, everybody argues that it's not and you need to micro well in order to not get that shit to kill you fast.

But then maxims are a problem.

I spam maxims too, and it's really risky strategy, if you lose one maxim or retreat one when you start, then you lost.
There are many counters to it too, as just getting flanked by sturms makes you lose them fast, or else mortars and also the fact that maxims don't help you getting units that shelter in house.

I didn't say that somebody who doesn't get out of sight in time suck, I said that someone who complains about this unit acting like a regular assault unit probably suck, and it's right.
The set up time is nothing fast, cut out the bullshit, if the strategy works it doesn't mean it's op.

Again, what is good, is good, OP is stuff like the sdkfz flamer, or crocodile before it got nerfed, the suppressive ISG or kubels.
Thats what was fucking op, stuff that you could hardly escape from or didn't leave you a single chance.

Now how does maxim compares?

If you need to nerf maxims, then at least make Guards and 120mm 1CP again, because so far they come in way too late.
26 Mar 2016, 22:13 PM

I do not know what his skill level is, I would judge that myself once I know.

I would also like to say that whoever says that Maxim guns are OP is incorrect.

Okay, well. Aerohank is a top 100 player with all factions. You just told him he is an incompetent player. However, I would like to tell you that his skill level is excellent. I advice you to challenge him in a duel to see if your strategy and tactics would be able to defeat the maxim spam.

Another point. The only units that can get out of the arc of a maxim setting up are units with sprint or motorized vehicles.

Moreover, do you know the Maxims has actually really good stats?

As to your proposition about guards and mortar, I will take that deal any day of the week. Guards and 120mm are not OP.

Anyways, I would like to conclude that Soviets are not too strong.
26 Mar 2016, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 22:13 PMDomine

Okay, well. To educate you. Aerohank is a top 100 player with all factions. You just told him he sucks. As a matter of fact, you do need to suck somebody's cock based on his skill level. Because go ahead and play against his maxim spam and just do what you just told him to, move out of it's arc before it's set up. Yeah, do that.

Another point. The only units that can get out of the arc of a maxim setting up are units with sprint or motorized vehicles.

Moreover, do you know the Maxims has actually really good stats? It doesn't suck at all.

As to your proposition about guards and mortar, I will take that deal any day of the week. Guards and 120mm are not OP.

Anyway, why is this thread still up. It's a joke. Soviets are not too strong.

I didn't say Maxim is bad, I said the opposite, but it's not op, it perfoms just well.
You know what "spot on" means?

Just because a strategy works doesn't mean it's op.
OP is something you can hardly escape from or counter.
How is maxim spam impossible to counter?
27 Mar 2016, 08:42 AM

A "support" weapon should provide support to main line infantry, not displace them. Maxim spam does not look like a design intent, and probably needs to be tackled in some manner.
27 Mar 2016, 12:16 PM

Relic already confirmed that they're gonna do something about the Maxim, and it's only right since this unit is just over performing atm.

They might buff Penals general accuracy, which would be nice.

What I'd really like to see though is a Con buff, make them less squishy from the start and give them some nice upgrades, cuz right now, they are close to useless in the late game, except for countering garrisons and snaring vehicles.

They also need to do something about the Tiers, remove the damn Tier lock and put the T34 back in T3 or just buff it in general, just something so the most used tank in WW2 actually appears in the game again.
27 Mar 2016, 12:18 PM

wasn't there a "soviets too weak" thread a few days ago?

27 Mar 2016, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2016, 12:16 PMTasty

What I'd really like to see though is a Con buff, make them less squishy from the start and give them some nice upgrades, cuz right now, they are close to useless in the late game, except for countering garrisons and snaring vehicles.

...and capping points, and providing vision, and screening for tanks etc.
28 Mar 2016, 13:43 PM

looking at OP's post and a couple subsequent. I'd just label this a rage post.
28 Mar 2016, 14:53 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS