Login

russian armor

Bofors Needs Some Improvements

17 Mar 2016, 13:24 PM

I'm finding that when playing Brits sometimes I need to do a few more things other than get my Bofors up and use the suppression ability on it. You may definitely need to really heavily defend your construction crews in case an Axis team is actually doing the right thing and extending heavy pressure in order to stop construction of emplacements.

Once the Bofors is up though, I find I am getting what I paid for with Brits, the ability to win a game by controlling a large swathe of the battlefield with one single emplacement! However, I think it still needs some improvements. For instance, I like to drink my beer and eat potato chips at the same time as I play, and while I'm doing this it's sometimes difficult to trigger the suppression ability as I don't have a hand free (ok, sometimes I like to rub one out while I watch Volks squads try to get near the Bofors as well). I think we should revive the concept of the recon section, which could automatically call out targets for suppression from the Bofors, freeing the player up to eat his potato chips and masterbate.

Since the Bofors is already pretty good at damaging tanks anyway, there's no real need for the 17-lber and no one builds them anyway. Why don't we just save some space by deleting the entire thing from the faction and adding armor-piercing rounds to the Bofor? It just takes up map space and makes pathing difficult.

Thank you for helping me to win despite my low skill level Relic!

Yours,

Noise of Carpet

17 Mar 2016, 13:29 PM

It should be prebuilt on VPs and Fuel points on all maps IMO.

@OKW Lover: STOP insulting me in the shoutbox as I can't use it and defend myself there.
@DonnieTheRagingChan: Stop being so bitter and throwing shit at everyone. How about tolerating different views? And don't be a paranoid either.
17 Mar 2016, 13:31 PM

My carpets are silent
17 Mar 2016, 13:46 PM

17 Mar 2016, 13:51 PM

as ostheer you are forced to go mortar ht but as okw there is no problem what so ever. Leigs can kill it in no time and with vet can also outrange mortar pits.
17 Mar 2016, 13:54 PM

Bofors, as you have pointed out, is not performing correctly. On the one hand it is a great AoD tool, on the other hand, should it be destroyed you may have just lost the game, rarely do light vehicles (the role it is supposed to fill/counter) offer such risk. Its ability to shut down infantry so completely is troublesome, and its ability to seriously damage tanks is not a trivial matter since a single 6lber behind it will force any but the heaviest tanks away in short order.
17 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

I think we need a new L2P commander (4€).

1cp "Junior Strategic Advisor": You can call in an experienced player to explain to you what strengths and weaknesses certain strategies have. For example, when playing against someone using bofors, the experienced player will tell you that the Brit player has now locked off an area of the map to infantry and lightly armored tanks, but by doing so, he now has a lack of early and midgame aggression options. - 30 ammo, lasts 45 seconds

2cp "Logistical Serendipity": Units that are bad against a certain strategy can not be produced. Units that counter said strategy have an extra glow in the unit roster. For example, if the enemy has a bofors with a mortar pit behind it, AT-guns will be disabled until the 11 minute mark, while the 222, fuel cashes, and panther/panzerwerfers will glow up brightly. 0 ammo, passive

3cp "Senior strategic advisor": You can call in a more experienced player to explain to you how you can use the enemies weaknesses to your advantage if you are unable to figure these out for yourself. For example, exploit the low numbers of enemy infantry and lack of AT by getting a light vehicle and capping the map. Not over-investing in units that you don't need, and instead teching up rapidly. - 45 ammo, lasts 30 seconds

3cp "Junior Officer Initiative": Squad leaders and officers will ignore obviously bad tactical orders, such as engaging bofor positions with a skeleton crew of early game units. - 0 ammo, passive.

15cp "High Command Intervention": You are relieved from your duties and an Expert AI takes over. - 0 ammo, click to activate

The idea of this commander is to provide you with a strong early-game and giving you a nice boost in the late game.
17 Mar 2016, 15:19 PM

I think we should revive the concept of the recon section, which could automatically call out targets for suppression from the Bofors, freeing the player up to eat his potato chips and masterbate.

Ahahaha :)

I always thought Brit players started their masturbation when the VICTORY sign came up. "Hmmmm another emplacement win, ohhh, hmmmm."
17 Mar 2016, 15:41 PM

1cp "Junior Strategic Advisor": You can call in an experienced player to explain to you what strengths and weaknesses certain strategies have. For example, when playing against someone using bofors, the experienced player will tell you that the Brit player has now locked off an area of the map to infantry and lightly armored tanks, but by doing so, he now has a lack of early and midgame aggression options. - 30 ammo, lasts 45 seconds

2cp "Logistical Serendipity": Units that are bad against a certain strategy can not be produced. Units that counter said strategy have an extra glow in the unit roster. For example, if the enemy has a bofors with a mortar pit behind it, AT-guns will be disabled until the 11 minute mark, while the 222, fuel cashes, and panther/panzerwerfers will glow up brightly. 0 ammo, passive

3cp "Senior strategic advisor": You can call in a more experienced player to explain to you how you can use the enemies weaknesses to your advantage if you are unable to figure these out for yourself. For example, exploit the of enemy infantry and AT by getting a light vehicle and capping the map. Not over-investing in units that you don't need and instead teching up rapidly. - 45 ammo, lasts 30 seconds

3cp "Junior Officer Initiative": Squad leaders and officers will ignore obviously bad tactical orders, such as engaging bofor positions with a skeleton crew of early game units. - 0 ammo, passive.

15cp "High Command Intervention": You are relieved from your duties and an Expert AI takes over. - 0 ammo, click to activate

The idea of this commander is to provide you with a strong early-game and giving you a nice boost in the late game.

lel 4eu.
Do you want Relic to go bankrupt?!

15eu per ablity pls
17 Mar 2016, 16:11 PM

:thumb:
17 Mar 2016, 16:12 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Ha-ha pretty much sums up where the Bofors is at ATM.

+1
17 Mar 2016, 16:15 PM

Sounds more like P2W, those abilities op.
17 Mar 2016, 16:29 PM

Haha, even though I agree with you Aerohank for the most part, the thing is just too much even on some 2v2 maps.

But philosophically I just disagree with area denial games. In my opinion good balance occurs when players have an equal chance to contest any part of the map at any time if they have good micro and a good army composition. Like you can take out an Ostheer fortified position but it might cost you more than you should be spending in resources just about anytime with Soviets. You have to use judgement. You just can't do that vs Brit crap, and it's an unnecessary slowing down of the game...There is no judgement involved, you just can't do it. You have to wait for T4 artillery...

17 Mar 2016, 16:44 PM

Lol @ Aerohank saying the AT gun should be disabled when it's just the right early game unit to take out bofors with; using attack-ground.
17 Mar 2016, 16:58 PM

Lol @ Aerohank saying the AT gun should be disabled when it's just the right early game unit to take out bofors with; using attack-ground.

Except it's not. What is going to happen is that a mortar pit or the Bofors suppressive barrage ability is going to take you out.

Assuming the Brit player has put in some thought into placing the Bofors in a decent spot, taking it out in the early game is borderline impossible. Building a 320mp AT gun early on is just wasting resources when the much safer and much more effective alternative is to invest in units that give you more field presence (a 222) or things that hasten up the arrival of the panther (fuel cashe, fuel drops).

That was some free advice. You can keep the 4€ in your pocket.
17 Mar 2016, 17:25 PM

"I think we need a new L2P commander (4€)."

Cheap at half the price and badly needed.

Excellent. :D
17 Mar 2016, 17:50 PM

Haha, even though I agree with you Aerohank for the most part, the thing is just too much even on some 2v2 maps.

But philosophically I just disagree with area denial games. In my opinion good balance occurs when players have an equal chance to contest any part of the map at any time if they have good micro and a good army composition. Like you can take out an Ostheer fortified position but it might cost you more than you should be spending in resources just about anytime with Soviets. You have to use judgement. You just can't do that vs Brit crap, and it's an unnecessary slowing down of the game...There is no judgement involved, you just can't do it. You have to wait for T4 artillery...

+1!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS