Login

russian armor

AEC Main Gun Rotation

13 Mar 2016, 01:15 AM

Has anyone else noticed that it's utter crap? For a fast, light vehicle it's main gun rotates incredibly slow. 222's and other vehicles can actually drive circles around the damn thing.

And if you drive circles around their vehicles and your AEC shot at something else previously boy oh boy be prepared for the slow as hell rotation speed to never catch up.

I feel like it needs to be a little faster, nothing crazy.
13 Mar 2016, 04:59 AM

Had a game yesterday where my aec got circled by a 222, I was rotating my aec towards the 222 as well but the main gun still couldn't catch it.
I have no problems with the main gun not moving fast enough to catch a 222, but when I micro it as much as possible it shouldn't still be able to circle the aec without being hit.
13 Mar 2016, 05:24 AM

That's exactly what I'm talking about lol. Your micro doesn't matter because of the damn main gun rotation.
13 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

AECs just aren't viable against Ostheer anymore. 60 + 15 FU which is supposed, by design, to counter light vehicles, is very hard countered by 2 222s which cost just 30 FU. Haven't yet had my AEC soloed by a 222 - but that could be because I've stopped building them!

The only other counters the Brits have are the sniper, which doesn't stand a chance with 444 or 666 on the field and the 6 pounder which also doesn't stand a chance. AEC + 6 pounder can win, but with the 6 being less then mobile and the 222 having long sight range to avoid doesn't make it easy.

AEC and mine spam might work, but you'll have to get lucky.
13 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

Their moving accuracy on the main gun is also pretty trashy
13 Mar 2016, 20:05 PM

AECs just aren't viable against Ostheer anymore. 60 + 15 FU which is supposed, by design, to counter light vehicles, is very hard countered by 2 222s which cost just 30 FU. Haven't yet had my AEC soloed by a 222 - but that could be because I've stopped building them!

The only other counters the Brits have are the sniper, which doesn't stand a chance with 444 or 666 on the field and the 6 pounder which also doesn't stand a chance. AEC + 6 pounder can win, but with the 6 being less then mobile and the 222 having long sight range to avoid doesn't make it easy.

AEC and mine spam might work, but you'll have to get lucky.

I noticed an AEC can sort of take on two 222's, I think it really comes down to positioning. If they get the jump on you you lose, but if you get the jump you win. Although the amount of resources you have to invest in comparison is crazy.
13 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM

"If they get the jump on you you lose, but if you get the jump you win."

A 444 always could take an AEC ( even two patches ago when the AEC was strong and the 222 weaker) if it got the jump. Trouble is they deal consistent damage where the AEC frankly misses rather a lot, so RNG plays a part.

With the health buff it makes it very likely that the 222s will win, more seems to depend upon whether it is for the loss of one or none. Even smoke doesn't save you as they tend to be close in and spit roasting.
13 Mar 2016, 22:38 PM

Did you notice Stug gun rotation ? it so bad, they should do something about it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★