Login

russian armor

Tank "spontaneous moonwalk" bug

5 Mar 2016, 14:17 PM

It's funny how there are still so many bugs I know of that I never bother to report since they have been in the game for so long you almost forget about them till you see it again.

I know we've all seen it at one time or another.

Tank is charging forward just as it should, only to stop on a dime, reverse for half a second, and then continue forward as though it had just started moving. (no retained acceleration)

I do not know how to reproduce it though I do not think excessive clicking causes it.

Special acceleration and maneuverability abilities do not seem to cause it either as I have had it occur on tanks with no special movement ability. (Soviet armor for example)

I have seen it both in open fields, wooded paths, and narrow streets. It is not limited to any one class of armor either.

It both looks and feels like the tank hits an invisible acceleration strip going the wrong way like in some arcade racing game.
8 Mar 2016, 01:13 AM

Bump for cuddle
8 Mar 2016, 01:21 AM

+1 when you need one more shot but tanks is interested in dancing. Fix it please.
Only Relic postRelic 8 Mar 2016, 01:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Do you have any steps or a Video? I'll have to look at this later. I'm testing out the Vet Fix right now.

Thanks
8 Mar 2016, 01:51 AM

Dev, community liaison, and tester?

I hope your Japanese masters compensate you accordingly
8 Mar 2016, 02:39 AM

Been happening forever. Doesn't happen enough to annoy. It's like a 1 out of 3 games. And it happens once in that game
8 Mar 2016, 02:48 AM

Do you have any steps or a Video? I'll have to look at this later. I'm testing out the Vet Fix right now.

Thanks

It seems to happen when passing near an allied vehicle without actually touching it. Thanks what's happened to me anyways. It's either that, or some sort of change in elevation that causes it.
8 Mar 2016, 14:07 PM

I thought this was caused by running over a crushable "yellow cover" object such as a wooden log? Somebody posted a youtube video about it a long time ago, can't remember the title. I've had this happen numerous times with medium tanks and light tanks, especially with stuart and sherman. For me atleast it does not require the proximity of another allied vehicle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★