Login

russian armor

Relic laziness with the new brit commanders

1 Mar 2016, 17:58 PM

This is hardly lazy when compared to 80% of the German and Soviet factions. These two factions are pretty content-full if you ask me. Both commanders combined only share 2 abilities combined (though both are in Mobile Assault, the M2 Flamethrower upgrade and the Vehicle Crew Repairs) You are far too picky when it comes to these things; it appears that all you want with new commanders is completely new content and assets. Which isn't always possible from both an economic and developmental point of view (it's going to cost a lot of money to do that, and it's going to take time - and if you're able to do both, you'll run out of ideas content real quick, as I know from personal experience). Mechanics like Counter-Battery and Advanced Cover Tactics are perfectly fine.

Also, your ranting about the M2 Flamethrower is like complaining about a standard artillery barrage being included in multiple doctrines across different factions. Which is to say, it's not a good argument. However, I will agree that having the Life Bouy flamethrower instead of the M2 would be nice. And yea, I totally agree that our Advanced Emplacement commander needs to take the tape off his fake beard and grow a real one. :P

+1
1 Mar 2016, 17:59 PM
Patrion 14

Lets face it, game is pretty much being milked now.
1 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM

The ability is ready.

this ffs

LELIC
1 Mar 2016, 18:44 PM

What's this new bullshit romantic signature u have now?!! The previous was much better! Bring it back!

Surprisingly you're not the first one that misses it

1 Mar 2016, 18:46 PM

On the one hand the game has such good graphics (in my opinion), more voice-lines than other RTS games and a generally interessting approach to representing nations & armies in a cinematic way...

On the other hand, there's sooo many inconcistencies - new armies have totally different portraits than the 2 eastern armies (especially in Winter), missing voice lines (the infamous "unit ready"), lazy reskins (Jaegers are reskinned Panzergrenadiers) etc.

The game manages to be both immersive and unpolished-seeming at the same time :/

Relic is always better off adding vehicles or weapon crews in new doctrines, as they have generic voice responses.
As for OP's complaint about the "repetition" of the commandos... I disagree. This is actually okay. Think in CoH 1 there was 3 doctrines, if a special unit like Stormtroopers was in 1 of the 3, it was in 33.3% of the commanders and well-represented. I actually think Relic should repeat some special doctrinal infantry like Paratroopers, Panzerfusis etc. These units have unique models, voice lines, and since CoH 2 has 8 or more doctrines per faction, these special units need representation in more than 1 commander to not feel "pushed aside"
1 Mar 2016, 19:25 PM

The CoH1 doctrines, despite being locked into choosing one out of three every game, were far more dynamic. A lot of that has to do with the fact that there weren't loadouts that preemptively cripple or stack players.

Plus there were two paths you spent your CPs on. This meant, for instance, that Armor Company for USF has both a Calliope AND a Pershing, but getting both out was an expensive struggle.

Commanders are more of a once-and-done choice that 'finishes' your faction's design. This is more true for the Soviets and Ostheer (who have the lion's share of commanders AND overlap.) But their functionality still remains the same for the later factions.

Remember, CoH2's early days were entirely designed around this business plan. Commanders were what completed the faction, not what augmented them for some specific strategy. The fact that people always, and still, call them 'doctrines' shows how ingrained the rejection of this design is.
2 Mar 2016, 05:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 18:44 PMRollo

Surprisingly you're not the first one that misses it

So bring it back! :) make ur signature great again! ur current one is very girly! ;P
2 Mar 2016, 05:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 18:44 PMRollo

It offends my sensibilities knowing that man is not the King of Britain.
3 Mar 2016, 11:43 AM

Maybe they'll sell us a proper Balance Patch as DLC for $20
3 Mar 2016, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 11:43 AMKharn
Maybe they'll sell us a proper Balance Patch as DLC for $20

3 Mar 2016, 12:24 PM

I think that should reshape 3D models osther and the Russians to look like the much more detailed and realistic models British

the model of the tiger is horrible....the most famous tank does not deserve such a model
3 Mar 2016, 12:32 PM

I think that should reshape 3D models osther and the Russians to look like the much more detailed and realistic models British

the model of the tiger is horrible....the most famous tank does not deserve such a model

I agree, but I think this is back when Relic cared about optimization. Throwing higher poly models into a game already having optimization issues will be hilarious...

Because that british tank looks like its way higher, the fact you can't count the polygons on the barrel of that Comet/Cromwel and its SO small on screen. A good 80% of a models detail often gets hidden in texture maps/normal maps. Untextured this is probably fairly accurate of what relic uses lol.

3 Mar 2016, 12:39 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 05:46 AMKhan
they're just milking cash from the community now

don't give romeocoh2 ideas pls

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %