Login

russian armor

Biggest Simcity counter

1 Mar 2016, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 04:55 AMKhan

It might be counter-able, but it's not fun to counter. I don't play this game to spam out 3 mortars and camp and exchange barrages for 20 minutes hoping to win. This game was never about static emplacements and campy play. Also, DevM faced Jove on Crossing. It's a big map. When the Bofors was plopped down, DevM ignored that side for a while. On some maps, you don't have that luxury. I know you're just trying to be positive, but honestly man, SimCity makes for boring and cancerous gameplay.

This, ALL of this.

When Brad and Kyle said they made these commanders because they believe everyone should get to play their own "Style" of gameplay and that just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't.

EXCEPT, you have to mirror what they do to counter it most of the time. We are forced into making ISG's and mortars galore all to counter the mortar pit spam. I know people don't often take 3's and 4's seriously but in those games you can see upwards of 3 brits at least and they all make 1-2 mortar pits. That's easily 6-8 mortars from other players which you don't often see. It becomes a static form of warfare, back to the trenches and it's really boring. It's really annoying, you have to drop everything when fighting a british player and go a singular, particular build that hard counters emplacements. You can't really ignore them, you have to deal with them at some point. Sim City is never going away, but did they really need to put Counter-Battery in the same goddamn commander? It hard counters the exact things you need to use to kill emplacements that are already harder to kill.
1 Mar 2016, 19:15 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I always have the festung armor doctrine in my roster nowadays. It gives you me the tools to rush a simcity position and take out emplacements faster than the enemy can react. My most recent experience was rushing in with a p4, protected by mortar smoke, flanking a British AT gun and 2 bofors. I then dive bombed one and mortared the other, along with attacking it with an AT gun. At this point, they braced, so I rushed the emplacements with everything. I have had other experiences, such as elefant takedowns on any emplacement (even AT), and using spotting scopes to take out repairing squads with mortars.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★