Panzer Tactician Smoke is outright broken

IS German Smoke a Broken Mechanic
Option Distribution Votes
38%
62%
Total votes: 114
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Jan 2016, 13:28 PM

I refuse to play this game despite it previously being my favorite due to this above all else, as this outright broken feature (minor unbalances I don't mind), for one side to be able to press a single button and gain practical invulnerability is moronic and should be like the American system - I link to the following game; where a blober won of the back of tank engagements where his units would smoke and survive
https://www.coh2.org/replay/48606/smoke-is-broken

30 Jan 2016, 13:30 PM

You can just use attack ground, except if you are playing vs OKW futuristic super camo. :luvDerp:
30 Jan 2016, 13:31 PM

You can just use attack ground, except if you are playing vs OKW futuristic super camo. :luvDerp:

I did that, still likely to miss - case it point the video evidence provided
30 Jan 2016, 13:49 PM

Which smoke exactly are you talking about? The doctrinal tank smoke canisters?
30 Jan 2016, 14:15 PM

Which smoke exactly are you talking about? The doctrinal tank smoke canisters?

i think he's talking about the mortar Smoke, OP for Axis
30 Jan 2016, 14:21 PM

And how exactly is mortar smoke OP? It's bound to a squishy unit, has a cooldown, is not very mobile and needs a lot of time to position and actually land.

While USF have smoke on their mainline infantry and shermans that has way more utility.
30 Jan 2016, 14:32 PM

And how exactly is mortar smoke OP? It's bound to a squishy unit, has a cooldown, is not very mobile and needs a lot of time to position and actually land.

While USF have smoke on their mainline infantry and shermans that has way more utility.

Doctrinal tank smoke
30 Jan 2016, 14:33 PM

i think he's talking about the mortar Smoke, OP for Axis

Doctrinal smoke, otherwise why would I be talking about faction specific and amour
30 Jan 2016, 14:35 PM

The Poll seems to be not useful now, because someone lied for a joke and said I was talking about mortar smoke
30 Jan 2016, 14:42 PM

Mortar smoke op? wtf...
30 Jan 2016, 14:44 PM

Mortar smoke op? wtf...

Doctrinal TANK smoke
30 Jan 2016, 14:50 PM

What is wrong with mortar smoke?
30 Jan 2016, 15:00 PM
Patrion 14

I think mortar smoke should at least pin enemy squads that enter it. Also, you should get a free Tiger Ace every time you use it.
30 Jan 2016, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

Both solvs, brit, and Wher smoke on mortars take years to drop. Also the brit one doesnt have the same range as the normal mortar for some reason.

IF you are talking about the pop smoke on...no, its fine. It pops as soon as you press it unlike the AEC, it screens well enough that it covers your front and in combo with blitz means you can keep a tank.

The american one in my opinion is also pretty shitty, the rounds take YEARS to drop meaning you can lose your fragile tank if not timed right.

All in all, I would take a look at them as well as the pricing as I think the USF one is pretty expensive if I remember right. Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm an allied fan boy lol.

The skill you are talking about is called panzer tactican, and I agree it is way too easy to use, as it basically gives you a big rng chance to get away for just some muni

Then phrase your title and statement better.

Panzer tactician is indeed a very powerful ability. But those 40 munitions cannot go into nades, weapons or abilities. Target ground is still a viable option, albeit not guaranteed. But that's what you pay for.
Furthermore, a snared tank will still have problems escaping.

The Sherman smoke is, by the way, not designed to be defensive but rather an offensive one to screen of your advances.
30 Jan 2016, 15:05 PM

Tank smoke is fucking stupid. At least USF needs to launch it, which takes time. It's an easy get-out-of-jail-free ability that encourages bad play. It's far too cheap for its usefulness.
You should be encouraged to use it as an offensive one, not as an instant-cloack field when you fucked up by running your tank into ATGs unsupported.

I'm not claiming tank smoke is uncounterable. I'm claiming it is shit design that makes RNG even more important (gotta have so much luck with attack ground)
30 Jan 2016, 15:05 PM

Maybe make it like the USF tank smoke. More useful, but takes more skill and takes longer to deploy.
30 Jan 2016, 15:23 PM

Actually USF Sherman's smoke is better in many situations.
30 Jan 2016, 15:39 PM

Panzer tactician smoke is 1 click escape card. It was issue since ever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★