Login

russian armor

why is the IS-2 so inaccurate?

6 Feb 2016, 19:13 PM

Here's a demonstration of a KV-2 that is using that trick: https://youtu.be/kmO0WWtVt-M?t=47s (the KV-2 is in siege mode)

How it feels to vet 2 kv2
6 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

A panther almost always wins against the IS2, at med-long range at least.

And it can't decrew ATGs as reliably as the KT or hell even the Tiger I.
7 Feb 2016, 07:44 AM

There seems to be some speculation in this thread. Not replying to anything in particular, just saying:

When your unit targets another and fires, it makes an accuracy roll. If the roll is successful, then the round is guarenteed to hit the target; scatter is rendered irrelevant unless the projectile is set to be ballistic (following a parabolic arc), and has the tp_artillery collision type. tp_homing is what causes the 'heat-seeking' effect to occur. tp_artillery doesn't make use of any accuracy value; it relies solely on scatter (thus, any accuracy bonuses for units like artillery or the KV-2 are useless)

If the shot does NOT roll a hit, scatter is now in play. Calculations are made, RNGsus rolls his dice/scratches his balls/both and a random path within that weapon's scatter profile is determined. Any object that the projectile is set to be able to collide with that happens to be in the way of that projectile will catch it with their teeth, but if the projectile is set NOT to collide with something (like fences), it will simply fly straight through and impact the ground.

These same principals apply to 'tracer' using units; i.e. all small arms. Even a weapon with 0 accuracy could still be quite deadly if it has a small enough scatter value, since tracers will automatically impact the first solid object they come in contact with (assuming no hit is rolled, and the shot has scattered), barring instances where a hit is rolled, in which case the shot will phase through anything in its way until it impacts its target, which will INSTANTLY receive the appropriate damage from that weapon (tracers deal damage on, basically, the principal of a hitscan; the visual tracer is just for eyecandy and its velocity has no bearing on weapon performanc).

Now, you can 'abuse' (disclaimer: technically not abuse, neither is shooting through hedges that aren't the solid, projectile-blocking type, afaik) the overshooting scatter thing to pull off WTFrange shots if you use attack ground at the edge of the units' range. Not that I use that with vCoH ATGs...or anything...heh.

THIS HAS FUNCTIONED AS SUCH SINCE THE OLDEN TIMES (vCoH) WHEN THE ANCIENTS (Bikes, T17s, KCH) ROAMED THE WORLD (Angoville). -bangs gong-
7 Feb 2016, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 07:44 AMVolsky

I always Wondered how to know where you can shoot through with attack ground. Is there some rule or some Basic Information you got? You seem to know what you are talking about :)
7 Feb 2016, 10:16 AM

Not true. Tanks have different movement penalties i believe. For example panther has a horrible movement modifier at 0.5 while most have 0.75 (comet i believe again)
Can someone who knows about stats n shit clarify that for me? Would appreciate it

Well, if it's even true for accuracy, scatter penalty is 2x for all (if relic didnt change it some time ago) and scatter factor is more likely against infantry
7 Feb 2016, 10:23 AM

Every single tank in the game got 2x accuracy and 2x scatter penalty while moving

Accuracy penalty is 50% for most tanks not for all of them.

How about scatter change on the move though? How does it work? Just multiply ratios and distances by 2?
7 Feb 2016, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 07:44 AMVolsky
These same principals apply to 'tracer' using units; i.e. all small arms....

Are you sure about this? I as far as I know weapon with no projectiles including weapons PTRS do not scatter and further more entities do not collide with projectiles....

As far a I know there is no hit via collision when it comes to small arms and infantries...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 48
United States 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak