Login

russian armor

General build orders for factions

28 Jan 2016, 23:53 PM

Hey guys does anyone know where there is just information on build orders for factions? because I cant seem to find any, just a lot of guides on Doctrines. I've been watching top tier players and what they build and I know that it can be very situational but just a general guide on what a standard opener looks like would be sweet so I could throw some variation into my strats. This could also help me when it comes down to playing factions I am not comfortable with.

Cheers fam
7 Feb 2016, 20:44 PM

Surprised this hasn't had a reply yet! There are guides out there on build orders for specific commanders, but watching ESL of late, I would say the current Metas (non-doctrinal) for 1v1 look like this:

Ostheer

MG off the bat is fairly common, as is building your first building for Grens. Thereafter, the old Meta, which sometimes still cycles, was 4 Gren squads, Tech, then next building for PAK/222. Current Meta is usually MG and build, One or Two Grens into Mortar or Sniper, Tech, Build, 222/PAK.

The spend of Munis early on tends to go on Flamer. A second squad of Engis is build after the first light vehicle, and usually equips a mine-sweeper. Otherwise, spare munis go on S-mines and the occasional Teller, with LMGs on the Grens where possible. MG bunkers are not typically favoured as they are so static.

Tech 3 tends to lead to building one of P4 or Stug, depending on if you need anti-infantry or anti-tank, and from there Tech 4 for Panzerwerfer and/or Panther.

Soviets

There appear to be two standard openings (either triple MG or quad Conscript). Quad conscript allows time to assess the enemy to see what they build before committing to either the T1 or T2 buildings. Snipers are favoured vs Ostheer, less so against OKW, where Zis guns and MGs are preferred.

Into the mid-game, the T70 or Quad-mounted half-track are utilised often, but then fast tech to T4 to unleash the SU-85s and Katushas. SU75s are out of favour, and doctrines favoured tend to give either the T34/85, Sherman or IS-2. Doctrinal infantry is rare to see.

USF

Relatively straightforward. Three RM, into either Lieut or Cap. Lieut gives the push power early, but Cap is good if you have nice fuel income (particularly if you have both fuels). The Lieutenant and M20 are often used when you need the field presence/push power, but when they are, Captain often follows, slowing the Tech to Major. Fuel allowing, Captain, double-Stewart (the Jesulin build) can be effective.

Favoured Commanders are Tactical Support (for the Calliope) or Heavy Cav for the Pershing (which also allows for Rangers, but they are pricey!).

An early muni cache can help equip your squads with Bars/LMGs/zooks.

OKW

Again, relatively straightforward early-game. Kubel if the map calls for it, and then 3-4 Volks into your first building. While a forward retreat early on can be tempting, it's a big MP cost, which may cost you in terms of field presence. More commonly, the Light Mech building into Luchs is definitely preferred.

Common thinking has it that your zooks should be shrekked, but Jesulin often buys two Racketenwerfers to leave his Volks rifle-equipped. HelpingHans has recently being experimenting with Breakthrough commander to bring in the Sturm Officer and Panzerfusilers. Without the PF squads, typically an early Schwer-base is common so that Obersoldaten can be called in early - at Vet4 they suppress, but that takes time to achieve!

Fallshirmjaegers from Luftwaffe Ground Forces Commander can mess up the enemy nicely early game, and provide MG34s if you are desperate for suppression flatforms.

Mid-game, the Panthers and KT are what people are ultimately aiming for, but on the way it's not uncommon to see a P4 or Jagpanzer to hold the field until heavy armour arrives.

Brits

Almost never seen in 1v1 ESL, BUT when I do see decent players use them, Tactical Support or Vanguard are usual favoured, with Special Weapons being experimented with by Latch recently.

The recently buffed AEC is preferred over the bofors, and you tend to see two built mid-game, leading into Cromwells. This tends to effect the early-game build. The AECs favour pushing, rather than defending, so they tend to be used without emplacement support. Instead, Vanguard Commandos or Tac Support Recovery teams are saved for.

This means typically seeing 2 IS and 1 MG in the very early game, before teching for the AECs. An early UC is common with Tac Support, so it can be upgraded to a command vehicle for the buffs to nearby units and the free scout-plane. Tac Support also tends to cry out for an early muni cache, or even 2, because it is VERY munitions intensive, particularly if you want to use the air-dropped AT and MG. At 4 CPs to call in, and 150 munis, it is EXPENSIVE and relatively late to call in, but this is Paul aD's favourite commander.

Hope the above is of some help. Lord knows, you play better than me, mate, but I probably watch other people play more than you!
12 Feb 2016, 02:12 AM

Cheers man, yeah idn I just tried looking for some actual build orders online to try out and I couldn't find any, so I posted here but no dice till you came along :P I just wanted to try a few different builds then just my own to add to my arsenal and try out for fun.

ill have a look that these ones man thanks :) Still probably wont be touching the AEC tho ;)

12 Feb 2016, 11:33 AM

Hey guys does anyone know where there is just information on build orders for factions? because I cant seem to find any, just a lot of guides on Doctrines. I've been watching top tier players and what they build and I know that it can be very situational but just a general guide on what a standard opener looks like would be sweet so I could throw some variation into my strats. This could also help me when it comes down to playing factions I am not comfortable with.

Cheers fam

AEC is pretty much a must now for Brits, since the splash damage has been buffed in a December patch. It now is possibly the best squad-wiping early vehicle available to any faction.

If the AEC catches a squad alone far from their base, it's pretty much a given that it'll be a wipe as it follows the retreat path.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★