Login

russian armor

how would you compare these 2 commanders?

24 Jan 2016, 21:52 PM

My 2 favorite commanders are Advanced Warfare Tactics and Shock Mortar Heavy, they each have:

advanced warfare:
radio intercept
ppsh conscript sub machine guns
conscript repair
t34/85
iL2 strafing gun run

shock mortar heavy:
shock troops
vehicle recognition
conscript repair
il2 Bombing run
isu152

so ive been looking at these 2 commanders pretty hard, and I want to know what you guys think about which would you pick most of the time, and when to pick them. These are just my 2 personal picks for commanders atm. While they have some similarities, I think both would change your playstyle alot. I need help making sense of the following, because there is alot going for both of these commanders, and I dont know what abilities truly shine.

there is the similarity between shocks, and ppsh rifle upgrade. I like the shocks better and I think most would. they are fun to use and give you one of the best infantry. While using shocks you will still need cons for the conscript repair ability for your tanks. With the other commander, you could run around with more cons armed with ppsh's and repair ability, without the more expensive shocks.

Then there is the veichle recognition or the radio intercept, the radio intercept looks alot better, the veichle recognition cant compare in my opinion.

then there is the t34/85 or the is152. i think we know the obvious choice is the t34/85. however, fielding t34'85s, will still give you less anti tank abilities vs the iu85's. it basically comes down to wielding agressive t34/85's, or iu85's plus a isu152, to snipe tanks from afar.

last but not least is the bombing run vs strafing run. I think most would take the bombing run, but what do i know.

so, we have 2 strong commanders, shock mortar heavy being more expensive but possibly more potent, and advanced warfare, which seems a little more nuanced and tactical. My guess is for 1v1 or 2v2 advanced warfare, 3v3 4v4 shock mortar heavy, what do you guys think? Which one would you go for?

25 Jan 2016, 08:14 AM

This completely depends on the situation, if your opponent(s) don't have a JT or Ele commander the ISU is very safe but taking it when your opponent does have one of those commanders is risky if you allow them to know you're going for that commander, because of this I prefer you to have another commander with shock troops to hopefully juke your opponent to believing that you've taken the other commander eg shock rifle frontline tactics

But overall as a good ol' fashioned con spammer that I am I prefer the Advanced Warfare, having PPsH cons go up the front with Su-85s to provide direct at and T34/85s to flank the opponents tanks is almost unstoppable

The main difference between these commanders is that Advanced Warfare is very mobile and allows for flanking and other cheeky movement and the Shock motor is more stationary, sitting behind the ISU, allowing it to wipe squads and hit vehicles and wait for a good opening to attack

These two are very different from each other and the only thing that these commander have in common are assault troops, pretty hard to compare because of the high amount of differences, but..

TL;DR: Shock motor if you need something to break the line and want to be campy, Advanced Warfare if you want a mobile army
25 Jan 2016, 08:49 AM

Hello.

Depends on the map for me.
Basically you have :
-Intel
-Repair
-Closecombat
-Offmap
-Lategame tank

What truely differs in my opinion are shock vs ppsh and ISU vs T34.
I would say that the map should decide for you as Open maps will allow you to use the ISU without restrictions and Shocktroopers are more likely to survive an assault than conscripts (smoke and all).
On the other side, crowded map are more suited for the mobile T34 and PPSH'ed conscripts are more likely to get in position will all the cover/buildings.

The vehicle detection is more useful than what you would think. It may have a cost but you are maphacking the ennemy's masterpieces for a certain time and you can see their type on the control map. Just different kind of intel than radio intercept, you cant know when he is teching.

Kozo.
27 Jan 2016, 02:25 AM

thanks for the pointers. this all sounds right on the mark. i think ill be keeping both commanders in my line up. thanks for the tips especially on when to pick one. sounds about right
27 Jan 2016, 20:47 PM

open map without chance of elefant or jagtiger ----- ISU

mid range map with some open grounds and clusterf**** ------ advanced warfare or guard motor

close quarter maps - is2 shokc frontline

It really also depend on otehr factor like what you want to play or againstt what doctrine / commader you are playing but this is one of first things you should think about if you are choosing between these 2(3[4]) commaders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight