Login

russian armor

Brit Tactical Support "Artillery Cover"

19 Jan 2016, 23:01 PM

so basically everyone who voted yes plays axis only/mostly? lol... one thing to remember about brits is they have no arty at all.... IS arty just suuuuuper bad nothing else to say. and besides not having arty... ppl forget how expensive this artillery cover is and forget how much CP it cost.... they forget u need to pick a doctrine just to have arty, and forgets how much recast time it takes to use again. that's why designate command vehical is useful... and if u want to make your arty recast faster u have to designate a tank which makes it useless. when im axis I laugh when they use it on me cause I make everything get out of the circle... even if I don't know what it is. I laugh when I see a noob not run when a ability circle on the map is issued.... don't wait to see what it is just run away. and while running u can run by a allies tank so the arty cover will friendly fire... man there's way to many noobs out there foreal. and if allies players don't tell how to counter or give advice things are going to get nerfed.
19 Jan 2016, 23:06 PM

so basically everyone who voted yes plays axis only/mostly?

Nope. The ability is simply too strong. Brits lacking arty options is another issue.
19 Jan 2016, 23:12 PM

Nope. The ability is simply too strong. Brits lacking arty options is another issue.
its so strong bro right? but if u use It on me and I run and nothing happens u wasted all ur muni for wat? lol axis anti tank straf u cant run from is that op? it could be to lower lvl players but I deal with it well. its always going to land hits on u but if u run it will negate most of the effect.. axis got smokes to dodge and nas to run bro...

19 Jan 2016, 23:14 PM

So it only affects a small area / sector?
19 Jan 2016, 23:35 PM

So it only affects a small area / sector?

its not small its a decent area but itll never hit u while ur reversing... unlss u don't spot it and u reverse late. once u see any ring from brits just reverse out and watch them waste munis. what happens if stuka dive gets used and I wait 2 secs to move? the aoe still gonna kill every squad in the area and u can use in BASE. its lame but I don't complain I find a way to avoid it
19 Jan 2016, 23:36 PM

its so strong bro right? but if u use It on me and I run and nothing happens u wasted all ur muni for wat? lol axis anti tank straf u cant run from is that op? it could be to lower lvl players but I deal with it well. its always going to land hits on u but if u run it will negate most of the effect.. axis got smokes to dodge and nas to run bro...

I was mainly pointing out that it's not only axis heroes that votes yes in the poll (I'm playing mostly soviets, and some OKW). But sure, I can give you my arguments for voting yes.

It can be dodged yes (as can the axis anti tank strafe). The problem is when it's used at the right opportunity (assaulting a defended okw flak truck for example). If used right you will at least win an assault. If it hits, it's simply too devestating against all targets.

In 2vs2 (which is what the thread is actually about) it's really easy to pinch the opponents, preventing or punishing any escape, and when used it mostly means gg when I play with my brit friend.

Brits are lacking severly in many areas, especially in indirect fire, and needs some rework/buffs (especially sexton, come on..). But this ability should be toned down.

I dislike too powerful units/abilites in general as they quickly create balance issues, even if it's outside their intended use.

19 Jan 2016, 23:46 PM

I was mainly pointing out that it's not only axis heroes that votes yes in the poll (I'm playing mostly soviets, and some OKW). But sure, I can give you my arguments for voting yes.

It can be dodged yes (as can the axis anti tank strafe). The problem is when it's used at the right opportunity (assaulting a defended okw flak truck for example). If used right you will at least win an assault. If it hits, it's simply too devestating against all targets.

In 2vs2 (which is what the thread is actually about) it's really easy to pinch the opponents, preventing or punishing any escape, and when used it mostly means gg when I play with my brit friend.

Brits are lacking severly in many areas, especially in indirect fire, and needs some rework/buffs (especially sexton, come on..). But this ability should be toned down.

I dislike too powerful units/abilites in general as they quickly create balance issues, even if it's outside their intended use.

this ability was just nerfed, it used to be op now its not. its just useful. the anti tank strafe will always land 1 or 2 hits even if you start running, so if you have a katyusha and run its gonna die automatically. brits are lacking early game that's why they made there endgame stuff strong like okw. its expensive, slow and high cp cost. axis have game changing shit allies have game changing shit. theres no problem with that
20 Jan 2016, 00:09 AM

this ability was just nerfed, it used to be op now its not. its just useful. the anti tank strafe will always land 1 or 2 hits even if you start running, so if you have a katyusha and run its gonna die automatically. brits are lacking early game that's why they made there endgame stuff strong like okw. its expensive, slow and high cp cost. axis have game changing shit allies have game changing shit. theres no problem with that

Well I simply disagree. It's too devastating. Game changing shit is fine if it actually takes more than a unit or a click to make it happen. But I'll leave it at that.

I can't even remember the last time I lost a katy to the ATS. Recon gives an early warning, but it's probably mostly because a decrease in use of CAS and me rarely getting katy nowadays.

20 Jan 2016, 00:27 AM

The engine damage is just stupid. Dropping shells on my army out of the blue is bad enough, on top of that they instantly inflict engine damage AND the doctrine has a free recon plane?

Remove that aspect, definitely. No offmap should be so powerful as to nigh on instantly cripple 3 tanks with little to no counterplay possible.
20 Jan 2016, 01:00 AM

Well for the brits without no arty except those mortar pits, id say its "ok" to some extent. But the engine crits + stuns is just a bit over the top...

Its kinda become the way to go as brits in team game; massive stalemates aginst passive JT/Ele holds screened by massive infantry blobs, gets pretty much nullified which is hillarious when facing them.

Axis aboose in 4v4s getting rekt hard by this ability, had a 15VP brit hold win against a potent Suomi 3v3 team, and this ability won the game on its own supported by 1 firefly kappa. It's a devastating, but its topkek to abuse it as much as CAS was used back in the days.
20 Jan 2016, 01:06 AM

Surely the counterplay is merely getting out of the kill zone, or dare one even suggest it, attacking?
20 Jan 2016, 01:09 AM

Surely the counterplay is merely getting out of the kill zone, or dare one even suggest it, attacking?

Smoke and flank, it does wonders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 92
New Zealand 38
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %