Login

russian armor

Brit Tactical Support "Artillery Cover"

17 Jan 2016, 18:23 PM

engine damage+ turret lock + supression/death of infantry

Counters everything and then drops smoke on your tanks

:romeoPls::romeoPls::romeoPls::romeoPls:
17 Jan 2016, 19:44 PM

Replace engine damage with sigh block - stuart ability.

Give supressive barrage only supression ability not pining.

Then see how it works
17 Jan 2016, 20:54 PM

Also does not highlight on game map, only in tactical map where it will land.

Ability also calls down smoke on friendly injured tanks in area, meaning when you pop it you get to kill an enemy tank and save your own.

So obviously overperforming.
17 Jan 2016, 21:03 PM

30 muni

tank

smoke

Oh wew, 250muni spent on nothing and my Panther drives to safety (the ability needs constant LoS to be in effect). But we might as well nerf brits only indirect fire option available anyway
17 Jan 2016, 21:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 21:03 PMRollo
30 muni

tank

smoke

Oh wew, 250muni spent on nothing and my Panther drives to safety (the ability needs constant LoS to be in effect). But we might as well nerf brits only indirect fire option available anyway

I cant believe you would defend such bs. Quite the fanboy arent you?
17 Jan 2016, 21:27 PM

I cant believe you would defend such bs. Quite the fanboy arent you?

Great rebuttal m9

You see I provide info for how to counter certain "omg OP" abilities, posters like yourself unable to comprehend they may need to L2P and take heed of this advice just turn on the fanboy accusations instead :thumb:
17 Jan 2016, 21:28 PM

Agree this has to be one of the most broken off maps in the game.
17 Jan 2016, 21:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2016, 21:27 PMRollo

Great rebuttal m9

You see I provide info for how to counter certain "omg OP" abilities, posters like yourself unable to comprehend they may need to L2P and take heed of this advice just turn on the fanboy accusations instead :thumb:
But in your words okw being extremely OP is a balance issue, not a L2P issue. Yeah ok man. You're delusional. Have nice day.
17 Jan 2016, 21:47 PM

A tip BLOCK HIS SIGHT

There is your counter play
17 Jan 2016, 21:58 PM

A tip BLOCK HIS SIGHT

There is your counter play

Block his sight with what? Your units that are getting raped by the ability? How do you intend on blocking his LOS pray tell.
18 Jan 2016, 00:55 AM
Patrion 14

Normally when discussing Brits we should be looking at the fact it has very specific and weak onmap artillery options. But artillery cover? Haha no that thing REALLY needs toning down. Compare what you get for 300 ammo in Fortifications doctrine, in a smaller radius.

Remove engine damage, keep temporary weapon disable. Perhaps the radius / duration should also be looked at. If it is hit with multiple nerfs, a price reduction could be in order (again, using Fortification arty as a baseline).

The rest of the ability is cool (it drops smoke shells on damaged allied vehicles in radius, very nice touch).
18 Jan 2016, 01:59 AM

You think it's OP now? Before it got nerfed it was engine damage PLUS outright stun crits. They removed the stuns, now tanks have a chance of fighting back somewhat, even though the ability is still very potent.

It is good for assaults, it is VERY good for punishing overextending axis players.
18 Jan 2016, 02:23 AM

More than ten second for your armies to move away from the red smoke. At least you should not blob everything in that circle. Thus it is countered, any objections?
18 Jan 2016, 03:03 AM

OKW doesn't haven't any smoke to block line of sight outside of Falls and Obers cancer grenade. OST can do relatively well with smoke canisters and mortars but OKW has no counterplay options. A blatant overpowered ability but I'd rather wait until Brits get more buffs until this gets nerfed.
18 Jan 2016, 04:06 AM

The thing is just friggin op . In the last game, a comet break thro my at wall consist of 2 pak 40 and a panther using that ability , and no doubt it changed the entire game around.
18 Jan 2016, 04:12 AM

I don't own the other factions so I've never played against it..

Do watch quite a few replays though, why is it not used by the top players?
18 Jan 2016, 04:15 AM

can someone please tell me if this doc gets nerfed, what is the other useful (better to say not useless) doc Brits have, which is not already got supernerfed?
And how the already weakest faction (Brits) are supposed to stay in the game?
The are already the weakest faction in all game mods, please think about it you ignorant fanbois
18 Jan 2016, 04:24 AM

Just get rid of the engine crit and instead cause turret jam (for turreted vehicles) and gun jam (for non-turreted vehicles). At least that way enemy vehicles can pull back. Pinning enemy infantry is still pretty stong, should get it reduce to just being suppressed.
18 Jan 2016, 04:31 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So, Ostheer can use Panzer Tactician to obscure sight on an individual vehicle, infantry can retreat, so, depending on your doctrine, you can be saved.

OKW don't have access to any smoke, I believe, other than WP from Falls/Obers. That's a problem.

Perhaps instead of being super accurate artillery, it could be area denial. Use your imagination: let's say the ability lasts 90-120 seconds, and every fifteen to twenty seconds a huge quantity of high damage rounds fall, rather randomly, in the target circle; the quantity of the rounds, however, will still inflict damage to units in the vast majority (80%?) of the area. Perhaps the first rounds can be not as saturated, or lower damage, thus giving the ability some usefulness in terms of damage due to the rather fast speed, but also some forgiveness for the axis players. This would allow some risky staying power from one's opponents, if they want to stay in a point and cap it between the salvos and also giving said opponents the opportunity to not get completely rekt!

It'd be a compromise, so nobody's really happy, but it still gives the Brits some damage, it gives them the area denial, but it also gives the axis players some maneuvering room and allows their vehicles to escape if they choose.
18 Jan 2016, 07:31 AM

Perhaps instead of being super accurate artillery, it could be area denial. Use your imagination: let's say the ability lasts 90-120 seconds, and every fifteen to twenty seconds a huge quantity of high damage rounds fall, rather randomly, in the target circle; the quantity of the rounds, however, will still inflict damage to units in the vast majority (80%?) of the area. Perhaps the first rounds can be not as saturated, or lower damage, thus giving the ability some usefulness in terms of damage due to the rather fast speed, but also some forgiveness for the axis players. This would allow some risky staying power from one's opponents, if they want to stay in a point and cap it between the salvos and also giving said opponents the opportunity to not get completely rekt!

Your suggestion removes most of Artillery Cover's uniqueness to make it another over-the-top damage dealer.

I'd suggest keeping it in theme with the rest of its doctrine by:

- Reducing damage on both anti-infantry and anti-armour shells (AT shells from 60 to 20, AI shells from 15 to 5)
- Removing the engine damage critical on the anti-armour shells
- Increasing the delay before the ability starts (from 4 to 6)
- Reducing the suppression on the anti-infantry shells slightly

The point of Artillery Cover is to support an attack by preventing effective defensive fire. At the moment, Artillery Cover can destroy an enemy defensive position by itself but these changes should move it back to being only a support ability while providing the UKF with an effective line-breaker.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 65

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight