Login

russian armor

Partisan is beep like beep in 3s & 4s

20 Jan 2016, 20:13 PM

I recently had great success in 3vs3/4vs4 arranged teams with AT-Partisans, but it only works that good because of teamspeak and my mates bringing good AI and artillery units to the field. Both commanders with AT-Partisans are weak versus infantry and have no lategame options.

Usually I finish off a dozen of damaged tanks in a game because opponents do not shut off my partisans properly. Its halfway their fault and halfway the fact that the german shrek is incredible potent versus armour (even the heaviest of german tanks).

One problem I usually encounter: In a 3vs3/4vs4 that takes about 40 minutes or more I end up with 7+ squads of AT-partisans, all leveled to vet2/vet3 because there are so much opportunities to call in a squad to kill a tank. I would like to see a dismiss button that refunds you around 2/3 of their price if they are at 4 man. It feels like blobbing them but it happens automatically if you don't loose them (at least you can mine a whole area in no time having so much squads).

lol, talk about a shrek blob!!!! now you have the power of shrek blob without the survivability of volks. how much was pop again? wasn't it 12? or 8?
20 Jan 2016, 20:19 PM

lol, talk about a shrek blob!!!! now you have the power of shrek blob without the survivability of volks. how much was pop again? wasn't it 12? or 8?

It's 8, but usually I have about 3 vet3 conscript squads with PPSH if I keep them alive through the game (playing Soviet Reserve Army) and nearly no popspace left for anything else but 2-3 units.

Although the survivability of partisans is pretty low, you destroy german tanks in seconds with so much shreks. So they don't take so much damage regarding tanks at least =)
20 Jan 2016, 21:32 PM

Why are you retreating AT partisans?

And if you do, why are you not having them sit in cover, especially late game, and use their cloak to get the drop on more German armored units? You get a map hack.

Don't allow yourself to reinforce them, unless you really, really want a shrek squad. Use them as a one-off. A trade of 240 mp for a tank is always a trade up.

If you let them die near scripts they sometimes drop the shrek and you can start to equip script squads with them. If you are really interested you can burn them to death to try to get them to drop their weapons (flames or molotovs).
20 Jan 2016, 21:55 PM
Donator 11

20 Jan 2016, 23:06 PM

Why are you retreating AT partisans?

And if you do, why are you not having them sit in cover, especially late game, and use their cloak to get the drop on more German armored units? You get a map hack.

Don't allow yourself to reinforce them, unless you really, really want a shrek squad. Use them as a one-off. A trade of 240 mp for a tank is always a trade up.

If you let them die near scripts they sometimes drop the shrek and you can start to equip script squads with them. If you are really interested you can burn them to death to try to get them to drop their weapons (flames or molotovs).

I think I'll try to play them more the style you suggested. Although having a few AT-Partsians at vet3 isn't that bad. -40% received accuracy makes them a little bit more durable, -20% reload and +40% accuracy buff wouldn't hurt you either. But especially squads downed to one man (population 2) should give you cheap sight.
20 Jan 2016, 23:53 PM

If you get your partisan squads getting whipped by mines or trapped with wire you arent truly a partisan player, or at least you dont know how to use properly your doctrine
22 Jan 2016, 22:31 PM

Partyson to top 1. :foreveralone:

#cheese
#abuse
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Sweden 39
Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W