Login

russian armor

How to destroy axis tanks.

10 Jan 2016, 23:18 PM

I was told my 100h gametime was not enough and that i should ask help here.

How can you destroy axis tanks as british? looks like 2 tanks and an at gun is not enough so is there maybe other potions so that i dont have to put all my units on the map to destroy one unit?
11 Jan 2016, 00:37 AM

Destroying German tanks is pretty difficult. The only way I've been able to is with 3-5 infantry units, carrying 2 PIATS each, PLUS a couple of A/T guns or tanks. They have to be good tanks. The Cromwell isn't very good for engaging most German tanks. Firefly tanks have good range and damage, but they're fragile so you have to be careful. The Crocodile is a great tank for taking out masses of Panzershrek squads.
11 Jan 2016, 13:17 PM

Use a Churchill to sponge and a firefly behiind to shoot it and turnip rock it. If you don't have a Churchill yet use a Cromwell. Or use a Cromwell to flank it while some other units distract it. Remember you should be able to get a Cromwell out before a panza 4. Also remember to build munition caches because Brits use tons of munitions
11 Jan 2016, 20:16 PM

Use a Churchill to sponge and a firefly behiind to shoot it and turnip rock it. If you don't have a Churchill yet use a Cromwell. Or use a Cromwell to flank it while some other units distract it. Remember you should be able to get a Cromwell out before a panza 4. Also remember to build munition caches because Brits use tons of munitions

+1

Firefly+churchill combo is really good.
11 Jan 2016, 20:22 PM

You must be more specific.

UK vs what army?

Early, mid or late game?

UK has the "best" AT options of all the allied forces.

They have the best allied AT gun, "(piats suck), and very solid firefly tank that pens KTs, tigers, panthers and all axis vehicles excluding jagdtigers and elefants from the front.

Even the Cromwell will compete with 1v1 a P4.
11 Jan 2016, 20:39 PM

11 Jan 2016, 22:17 PM

I have always neglected building munitions caches and built fuel caches instead on purpose since i have always thought the british benefit from fuelcaches more. I also always seem to have extra munitions availible, do i do something wrong?
12 Jan 2016, 17:53 PM

I have always neglected building munitions caches and built fuel caches instead on purpose since i have always thought the british benefit from fuelcaches more. I also always seem to have extra munitions availible, do i do something wrong?

Obviously there are different viable styles, but I think Brits are more a munitions faction than a fuel faction. At bare minimum, if you're floating munis you can be planting mines. Mines are the best way to snare tank so that your at guns can finish the buggers.
13 Jan 2016, 00:15 AM

Yep you are. You are not building enough mines or using enough tunic rockects or airstrakes ect. That said I like to float on about 150-200 munitions for turnip rockets unless I'm saving for air surpremisy. Also you should try to build both if it's possiable. That said I will build a fuel cache only in 1v1 if I'm going for an early Cromwell. Once that is out I will build the munitions cache if the games still going
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★