Login

russian armor

How do you decide between going T1 or T2

10 Jan 2016, 16:08 PM

As the title says, I'm new to USF so I'm having a hard time distinguishing which tech path to go. Do you pick it based on your play style or is it reactionary based on your opponent?
10 Jan 2016, 16:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

its both playstyle and reaction.

but in my honest opinion

LT tier(t1?) is underwhelming trash in 99% of situations with tactical support released. Might as well go straight captain(T2) stuart+packhowie, and then get quadmount M5 halftrack from tactical support if you want suppression+ a light vehicle or even a sniper hunter/flanker. Whether you go major+jackson at that point or calliopes+zook+57mm+blob is up to you.

Any other strat/officer is pretty weaksauce compared to that. im just being real
10 Jan 2016, 19:38 PM

You have to pick between 3 Rifle into an M20 or 4 Rifle into Stuart.

M20 is better vs OKW and Ost sniper/ass gren/heavy MG42 opening.

Stuart is more of a longterm investments that provides light infantry support, light vehicle counter, flank harassment, and supporting your tanks.

Because your new I recommend going Captain every game, because rushing M20 in 4 minutes while properly using it and the .50 Cal and M15 requires lots of finesse and game knowledge.
10 Jan 2016, 20:28 PM

I always thought it was odd that the anti-tank gun is locked behind t2. I mean, i dont know if putting it in t1 is a solution, but for a faction that doesnt have access to mines (besides doctrines and scout car), it always felt far off. Bazookas are ok but they will delay further teching and getting them is a bit inconvenient. Maybe the free captain once you tech up and the range of the USF at gun makes up for it, but i always feel like im on the razor's edge of not being able to counter a fast luchs.
AVA
11 Jan 2016, 01:34 AM

but in my honest opinion

LT tier(t1?) is underwhelming trash in 99% of situations with tactical support released. Might as well go straight captain(T2) stuart+packhowie, and then get quadmount M5 halftrack from tactical support if you want suppression+ a light vehicle or even a sniper hunter/flanker. Whether you go major+jackson at that point or calliopes+zook+57mm+blob is up to you.

Any other strat/officer is pretty weaksauce compared to that. im just being real

What are the current best (meta)-commanders for the USF in 1v1 & 2v2s in your opinion?
Not to go off-topic, as I think this might help the OP aswell.
I am currently using the default commanders, but without much luck, so I have to decide which ones I should purchase for 1v1 and 2v2s.

11 Jan 2016, 01:58 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 01:34 AMAVA

What are the current best (meta)-commanders for the USF in 1v1 & 2v2s in your opinion?
Not to go off-topic, as I think this might help the OP aswell.
I am currently using the default commanders, but without much luck, so I have to decide which ones I should purchase for 1v1 and 2v2s.

Tactical support all day.

Quad replaces LT tier like I said, you can then go captain and Stuart to protect your quad from puma and stuff. Combined with pak howie... Omg.

Later spam recon sweep and calliope + major Jackson. Can't beat it.

Even if they nerf calliope this commander is still the best choice

M1919 too.
AVA
11 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

but in my honest opinion

When is it worth building the lieutenant? or do you never build it.
11 Jan 2016, 22:32 PM

LT is now utter trash with the "new and improved" OKW. 9/10 times OKW will go Luchs. You're overall safer going Capt as to what Cookie said.
11 Jan 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 22:32 PMGhostTX
LT is now utter trash with the "new and improved" OKW. 9/10 times OKW will go Luchs. You're overall safer going Capt as to what Cookie said.

Yeah, its basically captain vs okw due to luchs in every game and liut vs wehr due to sniper in every game.
11 Jan 2016, 22:54 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hector has a nice strat using LT and Armor Co. in 1v1s. Should still be up on the rotating stuff on .org's main page.

Tactical Support, as said, is good.

Armor Company is good, especially as a come-back commander or one in urban settings. Assault Engineers let you lay mines just like Infantry/Pershing Commander.

Pershing Commander is good. Plant mines, can go LT and Cpt. tech into Pershing.

Infantry Co. Is good: LMGs, mines; priest isn't so great in 1v1s though.
18 Jan 2016, 07:49 AM

but in my honest opinion

+1

if you are very aggressive, you can use LT tier with M20 to push your opponent off the field early, but you're still weak to mid-game vehicles without AT gun, captain, or stuart to counter. it can work with airborne, since you can airdrop AT guns...

that said, i almost always go 4 rifles into captain. you have tons of units to apply pressure with, plus some light AT that you can transition into an AT gun or a stuart if you need to. captain tier is almost always required vs OH, especially if they're using lots of support weapons.
13 Feb 2016, 14:30 PM

Wouldn't a luchs rush hard counter any LT based builds? But I feel like going for captain makes my early game too weak against OKW and he can still just stall to get a panther or command panther.

With an aggressive AAHT or good M20 use you can end the game quick, then go for major or pick doctrinal M10s if he goes for pumas or luchs?

Against osthee, LT works fine imo.
13 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

You can theoretically still go Lt. vs. OKW if you use Airborne AT Gun drop to supplement your midgame. Most would say that its a middle of the road commander but Paratroopers are still among the best elite infantry units in the game and Pathfinders can become nasty in their own right if you get them Vet 2-3 and plop some BARs on them and then they become snipe machines.

Personally my 1v1/2v2 loadout is Tactical Support, Pershing, Rifle Co. I find those 3 cover most game scenarios. I still like Rifle Company for Urban maps (flamers) and to push an early advantage with a fast Easy 8, which will shut down any Axis medium armor play. WP Barrage is also the ultimate anti-shrek blob tool.
14 Feb 2016, 20:55 PM

I love going 3 Rifles into LT into 50cal MG + M15 AA HT.

Its perfect for getting hyper aggressive map control and keeping your opponent base pinned. The M5 quadmount at 3 cp's comes a bit too late imo, but can still be effective. Would still go for LT tho.

I am currently thinking of a new strat, 3 Rifles and 3 Flamer Echelons with nade tech into Capt + Stuart (maybe pack howie too), into T4 with EZ8's. But need to play it first to see how it goes.
15 Feb 2016, 08:41 AM

Open map:
Starting RE
1xRE
1xRM
1xWC51
2xRM
Capt
Pak
Stuart

Micro well your WC51 and you'll get rewarded of a Vet1 or Vet2 rifle before 5 minutes play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★