Login

russian armor

Axis Supply Drop

6 Jan 2016, 14:39 PM

So allied one dies to building (which should be fixed finally) but axis one is immortal? seems fine

Still dreaming of commander AA ability to "charge" figter for lets say 150 ammo which shoots down enme's planes. Somtetimes big wins like shooting down JU loiter, sotimes only recon. Once used, need 150ammo to charge again.

Would be cool, I assume you mean like a proper "Air Superiority" that could be used in response to Axis loiters/ Supply Planes. To be balanced it would have to be a loiter itself I think so that Axis AA has a has to shoot down your AA fighters (which also would take some time to shoot down Axis loiters).
6 Jan 2016, 14:43 PM

Would be cool, I assume you mean like a proper "Air Superiority" that could be used in response to Axis loiters/ Supply Planes. To be balanced it would have to be a loiter itself I think so that Axis AA has a has to shoot down your AA fighters (which also would take some time to shoot down Axis loiters).

Excatly. Im saying this for ages. I'd pay for a commander with such ability. But not loiter. More like a ability you need to charge before using. Like you are clicking ability, 150 ammo is consumed and when enemy uses air ability, no matter if it is cheap recon, supply drop or expensive loiter, your charged ability is auto activated and enemy planes are shot down by your figher. Shots down air play 100% of the time, but it's very expensive so you cant spam LMGs, mine and fighters, you need to choose.
6 Jan 2016, 14:54 PM
Donator 33

Before folks keep posting in this with information not related to the bug, as I believe you are seeing it in the trending on the forums box in the bottom right of the site, this is the bugs section. Please post on the bug, or make a thread about the drops if you wish.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 6 Jan 2016, 18:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Recent Patch note added just after the December Patch

"German Supply Drop zone plane comes in from longest path so that you can shoot down the plane now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwT1UMpxd8

I've checked through the Patch Notes and I can't find any such change.
6 Jan 2016, 18:49 PM
Donator 33

That was a post patch note from brad, it's from the December patch thread and was an update. I'll find you the note when I'm not on mobile.
6 Jan 2016, 19:13 PM
Patrion 27

I've checked through the Patch Notes and I can't find any such change.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/496881136928451872/

Update 2: Wehrmacht
- German Supply Drop zone plane comes in from longest path so that you can shoot down the plane now.
6 Jan 2016, 19:23 PM
Donator 33

Thx Doth, that note is also on a COH2.org thread, it's a direct quote from Brad regarding that update.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 6 Jan 2016, 19:35 PM
Developer Relic Badge

That's from the Preview Notes. That change never made it in to the Live Patch due to a bunch of knock-on Bugs it created.

6 Jan 2016, 19:45 PM
Donator 33

Well good to know that wasn't implemented, Any plans to fix the knock on bugs then?
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 6 Jan 2016, 19:58 PM
Developer Relic Badge

It's a possibility, but I don't have an ETA on that.
6 Jan 2016, 20:15 PM

It's a possibility, but I don't have an ETA on that.

Thanks for clearing up this issue, I really thought it was in the final patch notes.

If the goal is to balance the ability then it should probably be temporarily changed to the Allied supply drop until the bugs can be fixed.
6 Jan 2016, 21:36 PM

That's from the Preview Notes. That change never made it in to the Live Patch due to a bunch of knock-on Bugs it created.

That seems reason enough to keep preview notes and balance notes separately imo. Its too confusing...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 2
unknown 11
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak