Login

russian armor

Stuka Dive Bomb in base

Phy
30 Dec 2015, 21:01 PM

Soviets can do the Samething with the bombing run.... not as cheap but it's do-able especially in 2v2

Except it has red smoke and not as much devastating. Way to different. But imo all call arties out of base since ml20/lefh are out too.
30 Dec 2015, 21:20 PM

Its problem with ability, not design.

Infantry should not be immune to abilities just because they in base sector, it bad design which limits strategic possibilities.

However, some abilities are too cheap for how efficient they are and on top of that too easy to use, V-1 coh1 rocket disguised as stuka dive bomb with recent AoE buff is bright example of such ability.

Easiest solution? Shared cd for recon plane/stuka dive bomb and recon plane/il2 bomb drop will prevent 2-click mass retreat wipes.
30 Dec 2015, 21:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 21:20 PMJadame!
Infantry should not be immune to abilities just because they in base sector, it bad design which limits strategic possibilities.

I disagree. There's very little "strategy" involved w/ casting something like Stuka Dive Bomb on the HQ Sector. A few clicks of a button, plane can't be shot down, infantry can't retreat, and there's your end to an otherwise well-fought game.

It's not strategic. It's cheap, it's lame, it takes away from the actual strategic and tactical gameplay that Relic very much wants to encourage.

I'm with everyone on the first page that HQ Sector should be a safe place from "skill-based" off-map point and click abilities. Obviously infantry in bases are still fair game for on-map artillery (static guns, mobile rocket artillery, etc.). But no more of this two click, wipe a retreated army and win nonsense.

I also agree with someone else who said they were appalled and bewildered that Relic removed skill planes from targeting HQ Sectors in last patch but left Stuka Dive Bomb and some other abilities.

There HAS to be some sort of technical limitation they couldn't work around there, it's the only justification I can think of or some designer at Relic has a fetish for Stuka bombing HQ Sectors (might explain the ninja AOE nerf as well). Those are the only two explanations.
30 Dec 2015, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 21:20 PMJadame!
Its problem with ability, not design.

However, some abilities are too cheap for how efficient they are and on top of that too easy to use, V-1 coh1 rocket disguised as stuka dive bomb with recent AoE buff is bright example of such ability.

Easiest solution? Shared cd for recon plane/stuka dive bomb and recon plane/il2 bomb drop will prevent 2-click mass retreat wipes.

Thats not a bad idea in some ways. Being able to only have one plane up in the air could be a novel solution (in 1v1 at least) but as everyone else mentioned no off map should be used in the base sector.

That someone used it in the ESL tournament is pretty unsporting but I guess thats what being 'pro' is all about.
30 Dec 2015, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 23:02 PMGrim

Thats not a bad idea in some ways. Being able to only have one plane up in the air could be a novel solution (in 1v1 at least) but as everyone else mentioned no off map should be used in the base sector.

That someone used it in the ESL tournament is pretty unsporting but I guess thats what being 'pro' is all about.

It's been an issue for as long as I can remember and Relic hasn't addressed it. Instead of nerfing the stuka dive bomb, Relic decided to make it even stronger for some reason. Since it happend in an ESL tournament I thought it was a good time to make a thread and hopefully grab Relics attention on changing this ability/cheese strategy.
30 Dec 2015, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 07:02 AMAlec
This has been a problem for a long time and I've seen countless people use this strategy to wipe out all units in your base while you aren't paying attention. Not only does it make for bad gameplay it is also nearly uncounterable (and don't say get AA to shoot down the plane because all you need is sight for a second to click the dive bomb). The dive bomb in base sector even happend in the recent ESL tournament to Jesulin and caused him to surrender since it wiped out his entire army. Hopefully this happening in the ESL tournament will finally grab Relics attention and they can adjust the ability.

A bit offtopic: The stuka dive bomb costs 160 muni and is probably the strongest artillery strike in the game while also being one of the cheapest (Soviet one is 200 for example). This ability seriusly needs to be reworked.

I'm so sorry but i can't hear this bullshit from people anymore, there is a reason why you don't retreat all your units at the same time, if you know the enemy picked a doctrine with the dive bomb you need to be careful about stuff, and you saying "this isn't skill it's just a 2 click easy win" is a lot of bullcrap, stop crying, i used this against people and people used against me and wiped my units, now that i think of it, it's my fault that i retreated all my units at the same time, i should've expected that, it's absolutely not OP and it's should be allowed in my honest opinion.
31 Dec 2015, 03:43 AM
Patrion 28

not with the massive AoE buff it got
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment