Login

russian armor

Garrisons in emplacements..

30 Dec 2015, 05:26 AM

Wotcha chaps,

Anyone know the mechanics behind this feature?

For instance with a mortar pit does it make a difference whether you put a lone sniper in compared to a 4 or 5 man IS? How does veterancy work both for the emplacement crew and the garrison? Do some squads make for better garrisons than others and what are the actual stat increases?

I'm thinking it might be worth garrisoning something like a mortar pit or bofors in order to boost it's vetting ability though the huge manpower sink makes it risky unless there is a big payoff.
31 Dec 2015, 04:18 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The buff is no difference what unit you use, and the only sensible garrison is a temporary one to use the suppression barrage on the bofors.
1 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

So say I have a squad knocked down to 1 man, garrisoning him would be just as effective as a 4 or 5 man squad?

Can units fire out of an emplacement? If so are there any restrictions?

I assume you get increased rate of fire or whatnot from a garrison but what are the exact specs?
4 Jan 2016, 04:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So say I have a squad knocked down to 1 man, garrisoning him would be just as effective as a 4 or 5 man squad?

yes but using 1 man squads is not recommended
Can units fire out of an emplacement? If so are there any restrictions?
Yes and no. 17 pounder cannot accept heavy machine guns IIRC but all the other emplacements should allow you to garrison and fire out of them from all directions with any squad type

I assume you get increased rate of fire or whatnot from a garrison but what are the exact specs?
check the guides section> British forces> unit guide it has the exact bonuses for all emplacements and other info

4 Jan 2016, 06:04 AM

Ahhh... Thank you for that. Excellent guide.

I just tested the various emplacements, none would accept an HMG, though all accept sniper, IS or Sappers. Rather disappointingly the UC wouldn't accept an HMG either.

Meant to test whether the command vehicle buff worked on emplacements too, and whether it stacks with the garrison bonus. My opponent didn't seem to fancy sending waves of infantry at it though...

Sniper in an emplacement was interesting, particularly with the bofors as it increased the sight range out to the maximum range for the bofors ( 45m without vet). Then again the bofors doesn't really struggle with light armour or infantry rushes. :)

Infantry section with the base howitzer upgrade in a mortar pit too, both for sight range ( not sure if the mortar pit even has a sight range) and the possibility of defending it. Seems the pit has a largeish minimum range so when something gets close you have to brace. With a section inside those annoying Luchs or whatnot might have to deal with Piats (if they are kind enough to stay still) and I'm guessing the IS could pop out for a quick fag and throw one of their impressively short ranged smoke canisters to call in 25pder fires. Frankly the only use I can think of for this 'ability'.

Sniper in a mortar pit is looking favourite to me. Also an upgraded UC directly behind seems very effective, the vickers on the UC has a longer range than it's sightline so it seems top suppress most infantry before they reach the minimum range of the mortars.

Another thing I noticed by accident was that the 6pdr gives green cover to troops directly behind it. Not garrisoned per se but might be useful on open maps. You can even squeeze an HMG in behind. Pak creep with base howitzer fire on the advance anyone?

Do the garrison continue to fire when the various pits are braced? Also are they considered to be in the equivalent of a trench for rate of fire bonusses and cover?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★