Login

russian armor

Blobbing

29 Dec 2015, 20:54 PM

The only blobs that are semi issues are early blobs vs USF and mid game blobs vs OKW. At all other stages and all other armies blob counters are readily available-use them.

What do your exactly mean? That usf and okw have troulbe countering blobs and other factions have effective counters? I would agree that other factions have more options for countering blobs but acctually they simply have much more viable tactics and even pocket strategies than USF/OKW IN GENERAL. U can try to use all blob counters suggested in this thread (team weapons, anti-inf vehicles etc. with other factions, but OKW/USF matchup just too ofter turns into who has the bigger meaner blob for my taste... because outblobing each other with these factions is just too easy/attractive way to play this matchup.

29 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

Blobs are dumb and I have seen plenty of good players counter them. As Katitof noted, use your counters. US infantry blobs are fun to wreck with Stukas and Rakatenwerfers.

Fun when it happens. Not that often...
29 Dec 2015, 21:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 20:40 PMSwonVIP
MGs...

but yeah blobs are a problem in this game because its way to effective... the received accuracy modifiers in cover should be higher to support using cover instead of blobbing.

Interesting suggestion about cover, but I am not sure it would make the game more fun (its not about making blobing totally unviable - its sort of tactics or a palystyle however u look at it, but about reducting its appeal for OKW/USF factions by offering more ways to approach matches and make it less common, esp USF vs OKW). Making cover extremely effective might turn this game into cover race - who gets to cover first in early game could have enormous advantage which could ruin gameplay on some maps. And off topic, COH series is possibly THE LEAST BLOBBY RTS I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Just look at starcraft 2 terran biobblobs, protoss blobs etc.
29 Dec 2015, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 20:42 PMRocket
Take schreks away from volks implement the 4 man tank buster squad and give volks an AI upgrade if they revert them to how they were before or they will just be vet 5 AI monsters when okw has non-doct ai squads already, give USF a tier zero .50 cal and replace .50 cal that was under lieut with a mortar.

I would not object to see it happen :).
29 Dec 2015, 21:16 PM

As stated above, 3 units of the same type or more should received accuracy modifiers against them. But only if they been together for 5 seconds or more. A symbol should appear over the affected infantry.

I do not approve such artificcial and forced debufs, because I am not against blobing per se, I am against lack of options/monotony of OKW/USF early gameplay which forces to blob because its one (not the only) of the most effective ways to play. I would rather have more tactical alternatives/faction design that forces players to make more hard choices, not going the easy way for the most part...
29 Dec 2015, 21:18 PM

Interesting suggestion about cover, but I am not sure it would make the game more fun (its not about making blobing totally unviable - its sort of tactics or a palystyle however u look at it, but about reducting its appeal for OKW/USF factions by offering more ways to approach matches and make it less common, esp USF vs OKW). Making cover extremely effective might turn this game into cover race - who gets to cover first in early game could have enormous advantage which could ruin gameplay on some maps. And off topic, COH series is possibly THE LEAST BLOBBY RTS I HAVE EVER PLAYED. Just look at starcraft 2 terran biobblobs, protoss blobs etc.

Oh and dont forget volks have incendiary nades now so better cover wont save u now from angry pyromaniac volks blob anymore :D
29 Dec 2015, 22:48 PM

I would not object to see it happen :).

I wouldn't object but it would make USF early game too strong.
Send a rear echelon to cap and MG will be right behind it to deny/keep the point followed by strong riflemen. In a way it would directly mirror OST but OST still has to leave the engineer behind to build T1.
29 Dec 2015, 23:20 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2015, 20:42 PMRocket
Take schreks away from volks implement the 4 man tank buster squad and give volks an AI upgrade if they revert them to how they were before or they will just be vet 5 AI monsters when okw has non-doct ai squads already, give USF a tier zero .50 cal and replace .50 cal that was under lieut with a mortar.
I agree but I think a light mortar should be t0. a 50 cal would be too crazy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
Germany 19
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak