Login

russian armor

How to deal with spam

18 Dec 2015, 18:58 PM

Hy!

How do you deal with MG spam, guards spam, with 16 minute t34/85?

OKhay here it is: 1v1 woth OKW against SU.
So the guy started with a massive MG spam. And by spam I mean he only buys MG. He bought like 6. He covers all of his MGs with another MG. You cant flank it. You neither can bring out an early luchs because he camps both fuel. By the time you buy some ISG, and try to deal with the MGs, he brings out the T70, and son a T34... freakin high level tactic.

Second. Another match: the guy buys cons, and then start to spam guard with a 120mm mortar. The guard blob with PTRS rapes my volks, and his mortar instavipes 4 modell out of 5, altough im always moving. My MG cant supress the blob, and the guards almost instavipe the MG, even though it is in a house. Then at the 14 minute mark he bring in his first T34/85. I can barely bring out a Jagdpanzer 4, but by the time I bring out 1 tank, he gets his second t34/85. Altough I didn't buy Luchs, to conserve fuel. I always had my fuel point up, and Im never been able to bring out any decent armour before 17-18 minute, because of the high fuel prices. Upgrading volks with schreck is an option, but they just gonna get worse against infantry, since 1 modell out of 5 is carrying the schreck.

How would you deal with these situations? Any answer is appriciated! Thanks in advance.
22 Dec 2015, 01:04 AM

That's the new meta, its very hard to beat. Even high levels lose to it. Everybody screams that okw is op but it's just dust in the face. They are the allies fanboys who scream at anything. This faction is completely fucked, the allies just have superior units. 150 for a shitty PIV, 400 for Obers that have trouble fighting conscripts with LMGs and no fuel cache, ridiculous.
22 Dec 2015, 04:02 AM

use combined arms, watch experts replays on Youtube, L2P, micro etc

:D
22 Dec 2015, 09:43 AM

I agree with blackhool.Combined arms is the thing!
\Only BAD thing is that with the hot patch the OKW cant really do com. arms.
Ostheer can:sniper,MG,mortar,grens,SDKF. :D
try it
22 Dec 2015, 09:52 AM

That's the new meta, its very hard to beat. Even high levels lose to it. Everybody screams that okw is op but it's just dust in the face. They are the allies fanboys who scream at anything. This faction is completely fucked, the allies just have superior units. 150 for a shitty PIV, 400 for Obers that have trouble fighting conscripts with LMGs and no fuel cache, ridiculous.

Yeah, OKW is balanced at the moment and SU is OP :brad:

The maxim spam has nothing to do with correct balance. Its just a cheese tactic as it always was.
Not only OKW cant deal with that, WEHR has the same problems with 6 maxims.
22 Dec 2015, 11:20 AM

Maxim spam seems to be back in a big way. I'm seeing it 2v2 3v3 4v4, locking down huge swathes of the map. OKW have real trouble dealing with it, even if you get Fals and deploy behind the lines, recrewing is easy for the Soviets.

I've had limited success going double Sturmpios then Volks, using the sturms to overwhelm a position and push on, having the Volks salvage the maxim so it can't be re used. But like you say, often there's an MG covering the MG you assaulted, it can be brutal.

I don't have the new flame commander for OKW but maybe there's some value in that against the MG's.

Other suggestions deffo welcome.
22 Dec 2015, 15:20 PM

It begins with your overall strategy. You need to think about controlling the MG choke points first instead of resources. So tactically you're sacrificing a little logistics. It's ok if he gives up and tries to exploit your lack of width that creates space for you to play into.

Send your first squads to MG kill zones. Control them. Sturms are superb at this. Only start considering capping with your second or third squad. That should give you the early control you need for more substantial counters, the Luchs, FlakHT etc, and should tide you over until the guards hit the field.

Cons into guards are naturally a little trickier. I would recommend Luftwaffe. The MG34 needs to be used in multiples, it honestly requires two or more to suppress. Generally, players who play like this are very aggressive and will play very direct, pushing you, and relying on the 120mm's to defend deep. Just stay compact and slug, a mixture of Falls, Volks and Sturms if you're matching his army, should always win, even if he rolls a few good 120mm shots. The key in these scenarios is to catch the guards first on an attack, if you can isolate and rout them he'll be very vulnerable for a counter attack, and if at this time you have them, your light vehicles should be able to swarm anything he has left. Once you've gained ground on the counter attack, you'll have the upper hand on the next attack with proper positioning of your support weapons, essentially all you'll do is advance your line a few meters.

Once more, the common theme here is not to get routed, stay as compact with your army as you can and fight for only the key strategic areas, anything else will create holes in your line to get enveloped and overwhelmed. Harassing is almost impossible as you'll need to match his squads nearly one for one. If you get overwhelmed and lose ground you give him the opportunity to dig in with sandbags, and that becomes impossible to uproot.
22 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM
Patrion 310

1) Sturm Officier at 1 CP to use force retreat (50 munitions)
2) Kubel to scout ahead and cap behind the MGs
3) Stuka to decrew and ideally steal MGs
4) In recent patch, Panzerfusilier got a buff to AT snare DPs which are well used in combination with shreks/AT gun
5) Cloaked AT guns are actually good to cap relative safely against MG spam and also to scout where to flank or hit with arty.

Infiltration grenades are a bit too late at 3 CP and JLI is vulnerable to early game armor.

MG spam is semi-all in as it lack late game power. Ideally, OKW should try to preserve manpower and map control while building a superior army composition for late game.

Other than that maybe Goliath spam + a few ISGs could stall the MG spam long enough, hiding cloaked in cover and next to key buildings.
22 Dec 2015, 22:29 PM

Same problem. The only answer is to ask a wehr teammate (assuming it's a 2v2+) to assist you if you're going up against a Soviet player.
23 Dec 2015, 00:45 AM

Thank you all for your tips, it is much appriciated.

5) Cloaked AT guns are actually good to cap relative safely against MG spam and also to scout where to flank or hit with arty.

Never tought about this, I'll absolutely give it a try!
23 Dec 2015, 02:56 AM

Rush to cut him off the MG positions early on.

Failing this, spread out and attack from multiply angles (vs HMG). This is usually enough to overload his micro and give you time to sneak in a sturmpio or a flame nade.

Against 120mm mortars go Stuka zu fuss.

In fact Stuka zu fuss is gonna be your best buddy vs USSR (or any ally).

Also there is all kinds (of doctrine specific) units you can call in that can help you deal with this, so consider your commander choice carefully, avoid being reactive in your choice though, nothing worse then you overreacting early and then paying for that later on.

Be aggressive, be sneaky.
31 Dec 2015, 21:01 PM

although stuka can deal with maxims but in most case u cant reach it,its risky to make mech first. make 3 volks then medic and try to make about 2leig(isg) as fast as u can attempt to flank maxims with volks grenade .
aaa
31 Dec 2015, 21:32 PM

I can barely bring out a Jagdpanzer 4, but by the time I bring out 1 tank, he gets his second t34/85

The cost difference between jp 4 and 3485 is smth like 500MP/100F. And in general okw ech tree is very cheap. If he gets his tank before yours then no advice will help you.
3 Feb 2016, 04:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 11:20 AMorb101

I've had limited success going double Sturmpios then Volks, using the sturms to overwhelm a position and push on, having the Volks salvage the maxim so it can't be re used.

I would prefer manning the maxim rather than salvaging it. Faster than salvagin, denies your enemy the MG and lets them taste a bit of their own medicine. OKW are also in heavy need of suppression support against blobs seeing how only 1 unit in their repetoire (exlcuding mg34 call ins) can lay down suppression now. Stick any other stolen MG unit you don't plan on microing but wish to deny in to a building. They serve as a good distraction, hard to take out and once they die, leave no MG to reman.
4 Feb 2016, 03:47 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

As for the maxims, a luchs is your best bet. HOLDING FUEL IS OF THE ESSENCE! Guards are only a threat if you don't manage your luchs well. T70 can get schrecked, and will not be helpful if you get a puma. The infantry plus 120mm mortar plus guards means you will need early battlegruppe, Luftwaffles, ISG, and MG34s and/or flak HT. Be acutely aware from now on if cons are being spammed. Another option is to go for breakthrough and try to outplay his infantry. This is why a 3 volks start can work so well. By then you know what his focus is, support weapons (mechanized HQ and then battlegruppe HQ) or cons (battlegruppe immediately )
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 21:32 PMaaa

The cost difference between jp 4 and 3485 is smth like 500MP/100F. And in general okw ech tree is very cheap. If he gets his tank before yours then no advice will help you.

Dude you have plenty of AT before JP, like the puma, which is like a cheaper Jackson, or schrecks or a raketen, or just well-placed mines on roads with light AT attacking the crippled tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 108
unknown 33
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak