Login

russian armor

What happened to the M8 Scott?

13 Dec 2015, 10:37 AM

Maybe it's time for it to switch places with the Priest from the Infantry Company. The US lack reliable non-doctrinal long range indirect fire. Every other faction has something in their core tree for this role (stuka zu fuss, katyusha, panzerwerfer, base howitzers).
13 Dec 2015, 11:02 AM

13 Dec 2015, 11:03 AM

Maybe it's time for it to switch places with the Priest from the Infantry Company. The US lack reliable non-doctrinal long range indirect fire. Every other faction has something in their core tree for this role (stuka zu fuss, katyusha, panzerwerfer, base howitzers).

Stats still suck so noone would call it in.

Also, USF the army known for artillery doesn't get a stock arty unit. WP relic :snfPeter:
13 Dec 2015, 11:08 AM

While I personally would love to have the Priest in USF's Major Tier, I think that'd be a bit OP. USF's lone weakness really is its inability to break up enemy fortifications / fixed positions, and giving them access to the Priest every game obviously eliminates that weakness.

We don't want USF to become Allied OKW, good from 0:00:00 to Sync Error and able to hard counter anything Axis can throw at them. If you want long range indirect for USF, there's Tactical Support and Infantry Company, two very strong commanders that round out the core roster very well.
13 Dec 2015, 11:10 AM

Stats still suck so noone would call it in.

Also, USF the army known for artillery doesn't get a stock arty unit. WP relic :snfPeter:

They don't even have a mortar, lol.

Priests are good when you abuse pop cap glitch, decrew 'em, and end up w/ like 3-4. Then they just obliterate things, OKW trucks in particular. Plus you can protect them w/ Rifle mines.

In 1v1's, you'd probably never have more than one, but even that'd be better than no long range indirect.
13 Dec 2015, 11:11 AM

Permanently Banned
First of all its need buff HP, than we can choose buff AOE or more range.
Coz i play a lot after nerfs m8 and always need infatry with zooks or AT gun wall to cover tham, but 320 hp just a joke.
13 Dec 2015, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 11:08 AMLuGer33

While I personally would love to have the Priest in USF's Major Tier, I think that'd be a bit OP. USF's lone weakness really is its inability to break up enemy fortifications / fixed positions, and giving them access to the Priest every game obviously eliminates that weakness.

We don't want USF to become Allied OKW, good from 0:00:00 to Sync Error and able to hard counter anything Axis can throw at them. If you want long range indirect for USF, there's Tactical Support and Infantry Company, two very strong commanders that round out the core roster very well.

It's more than a weakness in my opinion, it's a handicap. The Priest in the core tech tree would be tied to a major, so it would be hard enough to get at its current fuel cost, and takes a while to pay off because of its accuracy, compared to the effect of the Katyusha or Panzerwerfer, which you can see immediately.
13 Dec 2015, 12:29 PM

I would go for more hp first, so that it doesn't get ohk by stuff like the elefant or the jagdtiger.

they do get artillery call in on their major. It's just so crap no one even bother to remember it exist.

likewise the british get 25 pdr call in on their tommies, which suffer a similar fate as the major's artillery.
13 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

Buff HP + range and/or ROF
13 Dec 2015, 16:30 PM

The only use I have ever had for them is attacking enemy structures behind hedges etc with their high angle of fire. Otherwise a sherman is better in every aspect.
13 Dec 2015, 16:54 PM

HP needs a buff and building time needs to be reduced (takes ages to build)
13 Dec 2015, 17:51 PM

building time needs to be reduced (takes ages to build)

Captain can help (if you have captain).
13 Dec 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2015, 17:51 PMNEVEC

Captain can help (if you have captain).

Retreating the captain everytime you want to build a Scott is a bit excessive isn't it?
13 Dec 2015, 18:57 PM

it's a wipe machine, sherman+E8 got healthy buffs which is why they are built more. But the scott is still capable of pulling off bs wipes
13 Dec 2015, 20:17 PM

I think that Scott is fine, but it is just in the wrong tier. If you are not rushing for M8 (that means that you will have no grenades, BAR's and zooks, ambulance, light vehicles), you will get a choice: get a medium tank that can fight infantry and can fight off any axis tank(that will come very soon or already in the field) with infantry support and also can shoot infantry or get a small fragile vehicle which can do... just shoot infantry models and reqiures a lot of attention and micro. If you forget about it, it will likely get a shot from long range Axis AT (TD's, PAK, Raketenwerfer) or simply chased by tank or shrek blob and destroyed.
It simply has no window of opportunity.
Maybe Relic should lock it behind upgrade in T0 after lieutenant or captain arrival. Scott just do not belong to Major's tier.
Or maybe make M8 a call-in unit at 5-7CP.
13 Dec 2015, 20:21 PM

Scott could use some love but still is a good unit with a clear role.

If you have map control and your opponent is heavily investing in lots of infantry the Scott is better than the Sherman because it's speed, range, and cheapness. I remember in a joke game vs OKW last month the guy had a blob of like 7 Panzerfusilier with JP4, and 5 Scotts and a zook blob took care of it handily.

13 Dec 2015, 22:26 PM
Donator 11

:foreveralone:Good old scott meta
13 Dec 2015, 22:46 PM
Patrion 14

Retreating the captain everytime you want to build a Scott is a bit excessive isn't it?

all USF vehicles take disproportionately longer to build.
13 Dec 2015, 22:47 PM

This unit is on extinction levels of ever being seen. I remember scott meta being popular but now... they just all disappeared :foreveralone:

Using it myself, I rather get a sherman if I had 30 more fuel. So is it the price or is its performance just terrible over all right now?

I think its a decent unit but I just never have time to build it. Like I always need this X vehicle before I can get a Scott.
13 Dec 2015, 23:04 PM

M20 goes well with Scott: mines protect it from tanks, and it scouts for it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★