Login

russian armor

Unlimited Close Air Support

12 Dec 2015, 18:31 PM

Hello everyone,

Let's explain the issue :
(Wehrmacht) Close Air Support ability: 200 ammo - 75 secs duration- 12 CP -90 sec cool-down
Display 2 planes which will destroy any vehicle (and only vehicles) entering the (large area).

But actually, this ability duration is 180 sec-ish.
Proof : In this clip you can see that the ability starts at 38:40 but fully ends at 41:00.

ps : i counted a soviet straff as a stuka.sorry

-The cool-down is quick which makes this ability easily spammable (even more in team games).
-Requires no Micro.
-Powerfull but can be dodge.
-Takes 1/9 of the map size.

So my question is, Is that working as intended?
12 Dec 2015, 20:09 PM

Short answer is yes. The ability costs 200 munitions? This means it should take at least 5 minutes to build up enough munitions for it assuming no additional expenditures.

You forgot that Allied AA has grown and makes knocking it down easier. I think, for cost, this ability is performing correctly, but would be interested in other people's thoughts.

Video does not work for me.
12 Dec 2015, 20:11 PM

CAS was already nerfed. I thought it was fine before the nerf tbh, but its definitely fine now
12 Dec 2015, 20:56 PM

And what about the fact it continues even if the map icon is gone. If you can't see the video then you can't really understand the problem unfortunately plus in the clip you can clearly see an AA halftrack tryin to take the planes down.
16 Feb 2016, 15:08 PM

Up, still in game and still OP

16 Feb 2016, 16:02 PM
Patrion 14

Doesn't it still work without needing sight as well?
240 muni p47 cries in a corner.
16 Feb 2016, 16:25 PM

Hmmm something is definitely off there. Probably should move this to the Bugs section and/or try to let Cuddle know.

Probably something silly like they accidentally doubled the duration when they doubled the number of planes. (Either that or its just a matter of the UI not being timed correctly).

Still - it requires pretty serious Muni float to call in back-back CAS like that in that regard it's not too bad.
16 Feb 2016, 17:04 PM

Short answer is yes. The ability costs 200 munitions? This means it should take at least 5 minutes to build up enough munitions for it assuming no additional expenditures.

You forgot that Allied AA has grown and makes knocking it down easier. I think, for cost, this ability is performing correctly, but would be interested in other people's thoughts.

M5 Quad sucks at shooting down planes FeelsBadMan
16 Feb 2016, 17:14 PM

The problem is that it lasts way longer than it should. It's a timed ability that is supposed to last for 75 seconds (the reticule on the mini map correctly lasts only 75 seconds). However, the planes will keep patrolling more than a 100 seconds after the ability is supposed to end. It means that if you do not have AA (which allies have a lot less off that axis), your vehicles will be out of the fight for 3 minutes.

Even besides this bug, it's still a much better AT strafe than the 240 ammo P47 strafe. P47 rockets can't even hit a stationary P4. All they do is land next to it. But this is of course a problem with the P47...
16 Feb 2016, 17:29 PM

The problem is that it lasts way longer than it should. It's a timed ability that is supposed to last for 75 seconds (the reticule on the mini map correctly lasts only 75 seconds). However, the planes will keep patrolling more than a 100 seconds after the ability is supposed to end. It means that if you do not have AA (which allies have a lot less off that axis), your vehicles will be out of the fight for 3 minutes.

Even besides this bug, it's still a much better AT strafe than the 240 ammo P47 strafe. P47 rockets can't even hit a stationary P4. All they do is land next to it. But this is of course a problem with the P47...

Bugs aside, which I think should be fixed of course, the issue is not the effectiveness of the Stuka that you point to it is the AoE of the P47's. In order to prevent them from gibbing every infantry unit in the game when they miss their rockets have teenie tiny AoE. I agree with you that the P47 cost is unfair based on its current performance. I still don't think that means the Stuka should be altered, other than to address the alarming bug that allows it to loiter for much, much longer than it should.
16 Feb 2016, 21:19 PM

This surely is a big problem, but hey Relic waits and waits
17 Feb 2016, 08:12 AM
Patrion 28

Bugs aside, which I think should be fixed of course, the issue is not the effectiveness of the Stuka that you point to it is the AoE of the P47's. In order to prevent them from gibbing every infantry unit in the game when they miss their rockets have teenie tiny AoE. I agree with you that the P47 cost is unfair based on its current performance. I still don't think that means the Stuka should be altered, other than to address the alarming bug that allows it to loiter for much, much longer than it should.

stuka CAS both hits and has a large AoE that will instagib any infantry near the tank. i think that the p47 is both UP (due to the rockets having a hard time hitting even VIs if they're parallel to the p47) and that the stuka is OP because it does so much damage. the Il-2 is also shit.
17 Feb 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 16:02 PMLooney
Doesn't it still work without needing sight as well?
240 muni p47 cries in a corner.

Needs LOS now. That was the recent nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 16
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak