Login

russian armor

3v3+ New Patch Strategies (As SU)

7 Dec 2015, 21:29 PM

Lately, with the new changes, OKW players have been popping up more frequently than ever before. This is great, since I like the old 99% Axis player base. Plenty of extra newbies to knock a few teeth in. Good players, unfortunately, still pose a considerable threat, but observation has granted me some insights that can prove helpful to the rest of you. Provided that you haven't already noticed, that is. I also (and more importantly) want to absorb some experiences from players well beyond my level.

What I've noticed

With new patch, OKW players spam Volks harder than Yuri can chug vodka. What do?
Most strategies come with varying success. Maxims being hardly an effective strategy as it is limited in it's effectiveness against Kubelwagons unless garrisoned (and can't cap as safely as the rest).

I've been trying out M5 Kraut Meat Grinders and they seem to be a very effective counter play against OKW harassment and full on assaults alike. Slight micro distribution of suppression could hold back three or even four marching squads at maximum range. The M5 applies suppression fast and down a very safe range. If complimented by infantry such as shocks or PPSh cons, they can dissuade any engagements. Cons with PPSh are preferred as they still retain damage at mid-range and hold AT nades that keep the 15 mark Luchs off your back and more importantly away from the M5.

A commander I recommend is the Reserve Army commander, as it packs a few essential skills that denies current OKW new meta (waves of infantry and light tanks early game). AT Partisan denies early vehicle play unless they want to lose it. PPSh cons are always nice. Repair conscripts means they can march with M5 without a need for engineers, Rapid Conscription speaks for itself, and ML20 is a good way to punish OKW picnic trucks from setting up shop too close.
7 Dec 2015, 21:44 PM

Part of the problem is that the balance is so off its hard to give you any real advice. Players below your skill level playing OKW can, and will, walk all over you just because of their faction.

Having said that here are my recommendations:
1) Using heavy AI doctrines (you basically have to)
2) Have as few teammates as possible get AT, preferably mobile platforms. SU85 would be nice, but cost to unlock is so high you probably have to settle for SU76
3) Use of Prop arty, and incendiary are critical.
4) KV-8 from around corners to push back the blobs.
5) Having one player have arty at all times for truck rain. As soon as he is about to arrive begin the barrage, and wipe those Volks blobs.

Ultimately, these are best you can do. OKW is just so strong you will lose to stupid stuff. Lost to a volks blob even when I had 2 KV-8's and 3 shocks, because I just could not kill them fast enough. By the time I reinforced and repaired he had taken another point. I just had to keep falling back until I was at my base. At no point did he not try to blob. Even after the 2nd demo charge.

Anyway, good luck an don't get too discouraged if you get beat right now. They literally hold all the cards and you only get to play if they hand you cards from their hand.
7 Dec 2015, 21:53 PM

Your best bet is 4 maxims into 2 mortars into 2 at guns into 2 or 3 kats. Then is2 and 34/85 spam with armored assault.

Demos and mines everywhere.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment