Login

russian armor

Units speech - different languages

25 Nov 2015, 14:33 PM

Hello all

I saw this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcehpzZ3tY. There is english version but you could hear all german units are speaking german. not some phrases. They are speaking it always! How it could be possible?
25 Nov 2015, 22:01 PM

If you downloaded the game with an English client, it will have the english sound files for speech.

If you download the game with another language (like Russian, German, or Polish) it will have the sound files in german.

So what you can do, is have a look around and see if there is a full copy of the german sound files and swap them with the english sound files.
25 Nov 2015, 23:56 PM

If you downloaded the game with an English client, it will have the english sound files for speech.

If you download the game with another language (like Russian, German, or Polish) it will have the sound files in german.

So what you can do, is have a look around and see if there is a full copy of the German sound files and swap them with the english sound files.

but maybe it is possible to change speeach failes for every faction? I mean - to make all factions speak on their real langugaes? Or there all files archived together and that is impossible? I will check my game folder!
26 Nov 2015, 01:03 AM
Donator 11

So what you can do, is have a look around and see if there is a full copy of the german sound files and swap them with the english sound files.

Sadly its wrong. In russian version all germans speak russian and in polish one all speak polish. But ofc there should be an option to have units speak their own languages at all times in game, it was one of the first demand community had for relic even before release and the wait still continues.
26 Nov 2015, 01:08 AM

Sadly its wrong. In russian version all germans speak russian and in polish one all speak polish. But ofc there should be an option to have units speak their own languages at all times in game, it was one of the first demand community had for relic even before release and the wait still continues.

Oh ok, that's mb
27 Nov 2015, 05:39 AM

it would be really nice
27 Nov 2015, 07:12 AM
Donator 11

I would like to have an option in options where I can chose which language each faction speak. I would like to have the OKW and Ostheer speaking German, because I understand what they say and it is more historically accurate that Germans speak German. But I prefer that the Russians speak English, because I don't understand Russian. But if they make Africa Corps, I prefer Italians speak Italian.
27 Nov 2015, 16:39 PM
Donator 11

I would like to have an option in options where I can chose which language each faction speak. I would like to have the OKW and Ostheer speaking German, because I understand what they say and it is more historically accurate that Germans speak German. But I prefer that the Russians speak English, because I don't understand Russian. But if they make Africa Corps, I prefer Italians speak Italian.

Although I understand all languages that should be used in native language version (german for okw and ost, english for ukf and usf, russian for soviets and polish for partisants) I belive it would be great to have such an option. Sadly it is much easier to make one combined native language pack than give option to choose. Option would need changing how voices are delivered for the game. Right now they are all in one file that you download every time you change language settings. It would need multiple files downloaded while the game is running to make your idea possible. Thats why combining sound files in one native package is simplier and more possible solution of the problem. Text should be in english in such version in my opinion.
28 Nov 2015, 04:12 AM

sadly relic sees native language as a very low priority as far as they are concerned
28 Nov 2015, 04:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2015, 14:33 PMSeven
Hello all

I saw this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKcehpzZ3tY. There is english version but you could hear all german units are speaking german. not some phrases. They are speaking it always! How it could be possible?

Why didn't you ask me ;)
(I'm obviously the creator of that vid and the guide under)

I wrote a guide on this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492709499
29 Nov 2015, 03:09 AM

Why didn't you ask me ;)
(I'm obviously the creator of that vid and the guide under)

I wrote a guide on this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492709499

THanks!!! Now Im understand. Well, I will not use this option because of soviets and wehrmacht in one file and oberkomando west and usf in another (with britih forces all is ok - they are speaking with British akcent^^). So, let all will be on English. Maybe someday Relic will relese patch for this.. Or maybe not.
By the way, your giude about walktrought of Faceoff at Rostov is pretty useful! I have rired from this mission. Me and my friend are playing on General difficulty. We completed many other missions (for exampple, Assault at Voronezh) but this one... Its imspossible! Almost impossible like Kharkov Divide from Southern Front DLC. We will try your guide in Faceoff at Rostov. Thanks!
29 Nov 2015, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 03:09 AMSeven

THanks!!! Now Im understand. Well, I will not use this option because of soviets and wehrmacht in one file and oberkomando west and usf in another (with britih forces all is ok - they are speaking with British akcent on english^^). So, let all will be on English. Maybe someday Relic will relese patch for this.. Or maybe not.
By the way, your giude about walktrought of Faceoff at Rostov is pretty useful! I have rired from this mission. Me and my friend are playing on General difficulty. We completed many other missions (for exampple, Assault at Voronezh) but this one... Its imspossible! Almost impossible like Kharkov Divide from Southern Front DLC. We will try your guide in Faceoff at Rostov. Thanks!
29 Nov 2015, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 03:09 AMSeven

THanks!!! Now Im understand. Well, I will not use this option because of soviets and wehrmacht in one file and oberkomando west and usf in another (with britih forces all is ok - they are speaking with British akcent^^). So, let all will be on English. Maybe someday Relic will relese patch for this.. Or maybe not.

Well I digged around and as far as I know, you CANNOT put the English speech file on another army, they will not say anything at all. So this method doesn't work that way.

29 Nov 2015, 15:33 PM
Donator 11

Conclusion is that you can have sounds form different language than text but you cant have different factions speaking different languages... So providing you know german and english it changes nothing sadly.
29 Nov 2015, 17:09 PM

Well I digged around and as far as I know, you CANNOT put the English speech file on another army, they will not say anything at all. So this method doesn't work that way.

Yes, I know. So, I will let all on english for now.
We completed Kharkov Divide today on General. Elephants helped us. But well - Faceoff at Rostov that is imspossible. I dont understand how u did this. We are trying to rush their base, they always using tanks, a lot of tanks - KV-1, t-34-76, t-70... We are trying to use pak-4o but its doesnt helps.... Imspossible...
29 Nov 2015, 19:56 PM

Conclusion is that you can have sounds form different language than text but you cant have different factions speaking different languages... So providing you know german and english it changes nothing sadly.

wish that option for native language could be there but sadly game balance and bug fixing is on relic's priority list right now.
29 Nov 2015, 20:14 PM

wish that option for native language could be there but sadly game balance and bug fixing is on relic's priority list right now.

I also want new theatre of war missions (not about eastern front this tme), african maps and italian maps, third Axis faction - Italian army with support of some 3th Reich force. 3th Reich that was not only Germany, but also early conquered Austria (they recruited troops there for SS forces, for example), but anyway where is another Axis states?.. Could be nice to see one additional country, not only nazi Germany... There is 3!.. states in the allied team and only one in axis team.
30 Nov 2015, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 17:09 PMSeven

Yes, I know. So, I will let all on english for now.
We completed Kharkov Divide today on General. Elephants helped us. But well - Faceoff at Rostov that is imspossible. I dont understand how u did this. We are trying to rush their base, they always using tanks, a lot of tanks - KV-1, t-34-76, t-70... We are trying to use pak-4o but its doesnt helps.... Imspossible...

You sure you checked out my updated guide on Steam? I have showed different commanders, different methods on winning it.

well, if you are that desperate, I can do that for you if you team up with me...
1 Dec 2015, 21:22 PM

if u can tell relic that putting native language into the game isn't as hard as it looks i'd appreciate it and i would play axis if native language was implemented.
2 Dec 2015, 08:49 AM

if u can tell relic that putting native language into the game isn't as hard as it looks i'd appreciate it and i would play axis if native language was implemented.

I think it will not be so fast... Looks like Relic don't think about it at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★