Login

russian armor

Unit Abilities

23 Nov 2015, 17:42 PM

Hey All

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Recently, I've come to love the Soviet 120mm Heavy Mortar. It does a lot of damage, yes, but it also offers so much utility to the rest of my army in the form of its Flare and Smoke abilities.

A typical engagement would be Flare first (to see what I'm dealing with), then smoke their ATGs and/or MGs, and swarm forward. This way my Conscripts or Tanks can close the distance to the enemy and I can either emerge from the smoke in a hail of bullets or take effective cover before the smoke dissipates.

What are some of your favorite unit abilities in the game and how do you use them effectively?
23 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM

+1 for a positive non-rage thread(which will hopefully not divulge into fanboi war).

I really like the Wher Mortar HT's flame barrage as it acts similar to my favorite Soviet artillery: Incendiary Artillery Barrage.
23 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM

Hey All

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Recently, I've come to love the Soviet 120mm Heavy Mortar. It does a lot of damage, yes, but it also offers so much utility to the rest of my army in the form of its Flare and Smoke abilities.

A typical engagement would be Flare first (to see what I'm dealing with), then smoke their ATGs and/or MGs, and swarm forward. This way my Conscripts or Tanks can close the distance to the enemy and I can either emerge from the smoke in a hail of bullets or take effective cover before the smoke dissipates.

What are some of your favorite unit abilities in the game and how do you use them effectively?

Believe it or not but i like it that SOV tanks can cap points. there are countless games for me where a capping tank saved my day. for example if someone bunkers down completely around VP's then i just go cap it a tank, gl with suppressing my tank lol. And at that one moment that you are one vp away from winning but then the enemy is capping the point and you have no infantry. BUT WAIT MY TANK CAN CAP -> blocked the guy from capping by counter capping with my tank GG i win.

also a capping t-70 is really strong, you can easily harras the enemy lines and if you also enable its spot ability then you can see the enemy come and make sure you run away quickly if they come.
23 Nov 2015, 18:07 PM

im falling more and more in love with the mg42 vet 1 ability. nothing better than seeing a m20 rush gets shut down by a well set up mg trap. doesnt work that well against good opponents thought

oh and that one time i saved my engine critted panther of my mate with the smoke mortar ability, awesome feeling
23 Nov 2015, 18:11 PM

This one is somewhat common, but de-crewing your M20 just in time to Bazooka an enemy's aggressive 222 can be glorious.
23 Nov 2015, 18:15 PM

+1 for a positive non-rage thread(which will hopefully not divulge into fanboi war).

I really like the Wher Mortar HT's flame barrage as it acts similar to my favorite Soviet artillery: Incendiary Artillery Barrage.

Haha,just trying to stay positive about a game we all enjoy playing. Incendiary artillery (and it pains me to say, but Flame Barrage, too) are awesome area-denial tools.

When an OKW player issues a large-scale retreat, I always try to drop Incendiary on their forward retreat point. Thereby forcing them to retreat all the way to home-base while I try and destroy their truck buildings.
23 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

nothing quite like a good ole Sherman smoke rush/flank assault complete with riflemen smoke and swarm as well.

Looks beautiful, saves lives, and wins games.
23 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM
Donator 11

Most of my favourite abilities are long gone but there are some still in game. For example refit and regroup from mechanised commander or rapid conscription / ostruppen reserves are still in and I love them.
23 Nov 2015, 18:36 PM

I love the Ostheer's sniper vet 1 incendiary shot. I also love the Sturmpioneers stun grenade ability, killed a lot of mgs with it, only takes ages to get sturmpios to vet 3 though. My biggest love was the precision strike on Soviet mortars, but it has been removed :foreveralone:
23 Nov 2015, 18:41 PM

Most of my favourite abilities are long gone but there are some still in game. For example refit and regroup from mechanised commander or rapid conscription / ostruppen reserves are still in and I love them.

Rapid Conscription is one of my favorite Team Game abilities.

When I'm playing with my buddies in 3v3 or 4v4, sometimes I'll tell them right off the bat that I'll handle our infantry needs. I spam conscripts and, then by the late game we make ludicrously inefficient assaults wherein I just throw conscripts into the meatgrinder. But because of Rapid Conscription, I come back in a couple minutes with even more infantry. Rinse/repeat until the Muni's run dry.

Don't know if that's the best use of the ability, but it's fun as hell!
23 Nov 2015, 18:55 PM
Donator 11

I love the Ostheer's sniper vet 1 incendiary shot. I also love the Sturmpioneers stun grenade ability, killed a lot of mgs with it, only takes ages to get sturmpios to vet 3 though. My biggest love was the precision strike on Soviet mortars, but it has been removed :foreveralone:

Katy precision strike was even better :D
23 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

Katy precision strike was even better :D

All gone now :foreveralone:
23 Nov 2015, 21:45 PM

I love Captains On Me! ability, because at heart I'm a blobber, and I'm proud.

Shout out to Supervise Production, you can skip T0 research, tech Company command post, and supervise all T0 upgrades. This is actually faster than doing it traditionally, and let's your rifles pop smoke and continue to harass/support Stuart.
23 Nov 2015, 21:50 PM

Probably the most superb ability is for me the incendiary rounds on the MG34/MG42. Too lovely
23 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

My favourite is coordinated barrage from the Wehrmacht Artillery Field officer. Nothing quite like having double the panzerwerfer fun for a fraction of the price!

So satisfying watching blobs disappear Kreygasm
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS