Login

russian armor

Panther just too powerfull and no good counter

19 Nov 2015, 14:21 PM

I was just thinking that panther is just too powerfull especially since we can just build 1 havy tank, so soviet can just have one tank that can beat panther but panther can be spammed. So it is just very hard to win. Ik we can build su 85 but they are too flnkable even with 34 and conscript they always die when the enemy decide to push. That is why i go industrie because oteherwise su 85 cost a lots and die for nothing.

And t 34 76 just cant help vs panther, there ram just destroy the engine and for that we have at nades.

I would like to see t34 85 non doctrinal because it is the only medium tank effective vs gern late game armour.

So what do you think about the panther cost 200 fuel and make the t34 85 non doctrinl

Thanks
19 Nov 2015, 14:22 PM

You do realize when you adjust a cost of a unit you need to take account for literally every other matchup? The game isn't soviet vs axis
19 Nov 2015, 14:22 PM

panther has the lowest dps of any tank destroyer. doenst su85 outranges panther too?

but let me guess, you play 3v3 or 4v4?
19 Nov 2015, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:21 PMKranox
I was just thinking that panther is just too powerfull especially since we can just build 1 havy tank, so soviet can just have one tank that can beat panther but panther can be spammed. So it is just very hard to win. Ik we can build su 85 but they are too flnkable even with 34 and conscript they always die when the enemy decide to push. That is why i go industrie because oteherwise su 85 cost a lots and die for nothing.

And t 34 76 just cant help vs panther, there ram just destroy the engine and for that we have at nades.

I would like to see t34 85 non doctrinal because it is the only medium tank effective vs gern late game armour.

So what do you think about the panther cost 200 fuel and make the t34 85 non doctrinl

Thanks

:lolol:
19 Nov 2015, 14:25 PM

Hey Op. Welcome to the board. It seems that you have problems dealing with the Panther. Why don't you try out the Strategy section to get some help with it?

2 At guns are usually enough to keep the Panther at bay.
19 Nov 2015, 14:32 PM

I'm with AchtAchter on this one, yesterday I had a Panther in a 1v1 and the AT guns crippled my tank. Although I accidently pressed the wrong unit to micro on my keybinds and moved it in, it got wrecked so hard by AT-guns. It is easy counterable.
19 Nov 2015, 15:01 PM

panther has the lowest dps of any tank destroyer. doenst su85 outranges panther too?

but let me guess, you play 3v3 or 4v4?

No i play 2v2 and sometimes 3v3 but ils rare
19 Nov 2015, 15:02 PM

Panther is not a really big deal. ATG and SU-85/SU-76 can make good work against them
19 Nov 2015, 15:12 PM

2 zis +1 cons should easily do that and any other armor for the matter of fact so yeah
19 Nov 2015, 15:19 PM
Donator 11

Have you tried flanking? k
19 Nov 2015, 15:21 PM

Panther is almost at its weakest. I barely build them because they are annoyingly weak versus infantry and lacking the average damage versus tanks alike. Better off with StuGs and Panzer IVs. The most ridiculous part is the one that versus 2/3 of the Allied tanks the Panzer IV offers higher dps than the Panther.
19 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

I really dislike how people classify the Panther as a tank destroyer. In my opinion, it deserves to called a dedicated tank hunter due to its role. Plus, it is decent at killing infantry. Sorry to make an unrelated post.
19 Nov 2015, 15:50 PM

I really dislike how people classify the Panther as a tank destroyer. In my opinion, it deserves to called a dedicated tank hunter due to its role. Plus, it is decent at killing infantry. Sorry to make an unrelated post.

so many people say the Ai of panther is rather good, seems like im doing something massivly wrong. mines refuses to kill inf with maingun or mgs. actually i think i never saw more than 10+ inf kills on my panthers
19 Nov 2015, 15:58 PM

so many people say the Ai of panther is rather good, seems like im doing something massivly wrong. mines refuses to kill inf with maingun or mgs. actually i think i never saw more than 10+ inf kills on my panthers

Don't move, it's simple, it does good dammage with 3 mg firing at a target :D

Back on subject, panther is easy to kill, if he rolls on a mine he's dead if he is flanked he's dead even frontally it's not that really a beast, yes a lot of bounce happen but still, 1 or 2 shots and he will back off
19 Nov 2015, 16:10 PM

T-34/85 non-doc, totally agree with this
19 Nov 2015, 17:04 PM

Your totally hampering yourself by only thinking of armour. The most efficient unit in and army for killing tanks, is always the AT gun. Thats whats going to hold you ground against them, and deal most of the damage. Yes armour is better for chasing and maybe finishing them off, but AT guns is where you want your AT.

Also, the best AI is generally from armour, you want your tanks geared for killing inf a lot of the time, because that really bleeds your opponent dry. If you go for just tank destroyers, whats going to stop the enemy inf?
20 Nov 2015, 03:19 AM

Also, having 2 Zis is amazing for the AI capability also, soviet should never be without 2 Zis, and no panther can kill a Zis either(rightly so).
20 Nov 2015, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 14:21 PMKranox

Thanks

I don't normally do this but... l2p.

Panthers melt to AT weapons and charging a panther at an SU85 will inevitably lead to an overextension and suffer at least 2 hits before flanking the target.

The panther's mobility is probably one of its best assets, so crippling it with a snare will most likely result in a dead panther.

If T34-85 were made non-doctrinal then it renders the SU85 almost obsolete. While the SU85 might have better range, the T34-85 has better mobility albeit a bit squishy.
20 Nov 2015, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2015, 15:01 PMKranox

No i play 2v2 and sometimes 3v3 but ils rare

right now if u facing OKW panther, n u manage to destroy it, u already win that match,
20 Nov 2015, 03:51 AM
Donator 33

If you see a Panther, never attack it with armor, SU-85 will bounce alot from Panthers frontal armor, so basically get a 1 or 2 AT guns and place them behind your tanks, so when the Panther comes to attack your tank, you have a AT gun backing it up, Panthers suck vs AT guns and are great vs enemy tanks (Plz dont use Industry since Relic is fixing the commander, and in december you can use it without the Manpower penalty and you have a Good KV-2 with it)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment