Login

russian armor

How does "Hold the line" works?

16 Nov 2015, 21:53 PM

Hey guys, this is my first thread at this forum so be nice ;)

I just cant figure out if this ability is broken or is it me? Sometimes it triggers and mark one or two front sectors green (why not all?), sometimes it dont mark a sector at all and Hawks wont appear and the 3. case that appears that I trigger it and I will suddenly get my muni back and nothing is happening.

Regards Killer
16 Nov 2015, 21:55 PM
Donator 11

In team games it works on sectors the ONLY YOU have captured and will stop working if the point becomes contested. I've never had it give me back my muni tho, thats a new one.
The whole "it only works on your sectors" is a known bug and has been sent to Relic for them to fix.
16 Nov 2015, 22:00 PM

Thank you for your reply. Now it makes sense

The cases were I got my muni back happened at "Over the Rhine"(correct translation of Über den Rhein ?)". Cant remember all the circumstances unluckily.
16 Nov 2015, 23:18 PM
Patrion 28

mostly it doesn't work.
7 Apr 2016, 13:33 PM

I focused on this ability for a few times, and it started to work as I expected it.

How it works:
- It works ONLY frontline sectors, so the friendly sector MUST connects somehow to an enemy sector (as the ability description says)
- It works for that sectors what YOU've captured (it's maybe a bug or the ability desc is not clear), the sectors will be highlighted.
A few times sectors get highlighted when I did not capture, but I had infantry in it. So this needs more tests.
- The planes comes only 30-40 secs after you used the ability (as the abilty desc says "after a while..") The ability least for 60 sec, but the planes available only in the ~40-60 sec!! So they will not strafe in the first ~30-40 sec, no matter what.
- Planes will strafe that enemy what are in sight AFTER 30-40 secs, and NOT that what was in sight WHEN the ability used.
- When the planes are available, you MUST spot for targets, the enemy MUST be in sight IN friendly green highlighted FRONTLINE sector. If they are in sight after 30-40 sec, red smoke will drop on the target, and the planes comes immediatly (as I experienced around 3-5 planes comes to 1 target, mixed rockets and strafes, I dont know the planes types are random or not)

Some examples:
- So when the enemy is in sight, when you just used the ability, but its going to blank after a few seconds, the planes WONT come.
- The enemy must be in sight AFTER 30-40 secs the ability used, NOT when you used.
- If the enemy is in sight for only a few sec and leaves the sector, the planes WONT come.
- If the enemy is in the fog of war, and you use the ability, and the enemy enters your sector after 30-40 sec and they are revealed, planes WILL come.
- If you use the ability, while you are fighting in your highlighted frontline sector, and the enemy wont leave and they are in sight, planes WILL come.
- Planes WONT strafe to enemy territory.

How i used it for example:
Anti inf. boyi rifle squad has a great range to spot vehicles. I put them into the frontline, so I saw on the minimap, the WH is gathering vehicles (so its logical he gathered infantry too, and wanted to push). I moved my troops back of the frontline sector, to let them come deep into that sector, but I left the boyi troops for the minimap spot. When I saw on the minimap the vehicles started to push, I used the ability before anything happened. When he engaged my troops, he was in half deep the sector and ~15 sec already passed. I imitated falling back slowly to let the the time pass more 15-20s. So then the hell released. I send 2 tanks in to reveal more of his troops. Meanwhile the air raid I got unlocked the Churchill Crocodile and called in (for the flairs) onto his falling back troops (frontline sector of course). Around 15-20 planes came.

Conclusion:
- Best way to use it with a mate with recon.
- Imitate fall back when you use it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS