Login

russian armor

OH vs US on maps lacking open area

aaa
14 Nov 2015, 17:27 PM

Ferma summer
Ferma winter
Semosky summer (semosky winter is no chance for US cuz its a open area map)
Kharkov

USF favoring maps in my opinion.Sniper play and ATG play is not effective on it. How should I play on those maps?
All other maps (that I didnt veto) are totaly better for OH.
14 Nov 2015, 17:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

aaa
14 Nov 2015, 17:54 PM

unfortunately i wont veto those (except ferma winter). Cuz some other maps are bad against other factions.
15 Nov 2015, 21:31 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If you don't want to veto (and vetoing is just fine), add the mechanized doctrine to your roster and switch from building grenadiers to panzergrenadiers asap. You want to deploy a maximum of 1 assgren squad. Throughout the game, you need to think about range advantages and flanks. You can also excusively spam grenadiers if you have really good micro.
18 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 21:31 PMwouren
If you don't want to veto (and vetoing is just fine), add the mechanized doctrine to your roster and switch from building grenadiers to panzergrenadiers asap. You want to deploy a maximum of 1 assgren squad. Throughout the game, you need to think about range advantages and flanks. You can also excusively spam grenadiers if you have really good micro.

Spamming ordinary Grenadiers? Recommended commander?
19 Nov 2015, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2015, 19:36 PMDelodax

Spamming ordinary Grenadiers? Recommended commander?

I would recommend either Lightning war (probably the best right now), or close air support due to muni conversion and effective infantry support. The mechanized is good but the Stug ausf. J comes out a little late now. It is a good idea to use a tiger tank if you are going to spam grenadiers unless you go CAS. You cannot afford to waste time/resources/micro teching and repairing all the time.

Here is the video, remember this is not a recent video so do not follow this to the letter, also it's in german:

Keep in mind, Jesulin has great micro, so I would be more careful than he is being. Also this fails against soviets. DO NOT USE THIS AGAINST SOVIETS. idk about brits.

Cheers,
Wouren
19 Nov 2015, 01:53 AM

Perhaps switch to units performing better in closer combat?

For example, if you want to tech T1 and get grens, equip them with G43s instead of LMG42.

You could also skip T1 and go straight for T2 and work off pgrens. The pgrens would also do well vs US armour if you have enough shreks to help your armour as an AT deterrent.
19 Nov 2015, 02:35 AM

Perhaps switch to units performing better in closer combat?

For example, if you want to tech T1 and get grens, equip them with G43s instead of LMG42.

You could also skip T1 and go straight for T2 and work off pgrens. The pgrens would also do well vs US armour if you have enough shreks to help your armour as an AT deterrent.

G43s are very good on this map. It is useful to have mobile AI that won't fail if closed in on. Pgrens are an interesting choice, I use them sometimes on this map. I would not recommend skipping tier 1. The only situation in which you could play and not rely heavily on grens is if you go mechanized, start off with 2 grens and then build an engineer and an assgren squad, then go pgrens. If you do this you will need to build a munitions cache.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★